Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:48:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141810 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2012, 11:09:21 AM »

So, my plans for Tuesday are set:  Here goes:

2:30 am - Wake Up
3:00 am - Turn on to CNN
5:00 am - Breakfast
6:45 am - Leave for Precinct
7:00 am - Vote
7:30 am - Continue with CNN
11:00 am - Lunch
3:00 pm - Activate the DVR
4:00 pm - Start watching returns
3:00 am Wednesday - Go to Bed

no exercise of any kind.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »

no exercise of any kind.

mind exercising, trying to read the tea leaves at every point during the day! Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »

no exercise of any kind.

And no time for the Word.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2012, 12:02:23 PM »

no exercise of any kind.

mind exercising, trying to read the tea leaves at every point during the day! Smiley

how many calories does that burn?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2012, 12:11:07 PM »

no exercise of any kind.

I'll probably wake up at 1:30 or 2:00 so I can get into God's Word.

To be honest, I'm not worried about calories on Election Day.  I'm going to watch what I eat that day and won't go overboard on calorie-laden food, but I'm not worried about exercising that day.  I'll exercise Monday and Wednesday.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2012, 12:13:19 PM »

So you gave 2 weeks notice and they told you to GTFO now?  So no pay for those 2 weeks eh?

Correct. Sad

Be honest.....you were fired, right?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2012, 12:13:41 PM »

It is 2:30 am MST and I have been awake for two hours.  Why?  I am trying to adjust my body to going to bed late and getting up early for the next 3 days in advance of Election Day.  Today, I went to bed at 12:00 am MDT and got up at 12:30 MST (1 1/2 hours).  Tonight, I will go to bed around 10:00 pm MST and wake up on Election Eve at 3:00 am MST.  Tomorrow night, I will go to bed by 9:30 pm MST and wake up Tuesday by 2:00 am.  I will then go to bed around 6:00 am Wednesday.

If you want to stay awake on election night, the sensible thing to do would be to sleep for as long as possible on the monday night/tuesday morning, not to not sleep for 3 days before, that'll just mean you can't stay awake because your body needs sleep so much.

I started thinking about that and actually laid down at 3:45 and got up at 9:40, so nearly 6 hours of sleep.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2012, 12:47:19 PM »

So you gave 2 weeks notice and they told you to GTFO now?  So no pay for those 2 weeks eh?

Correct. Sad

I'm thinking so..
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »

Bushie has been fired from more jobs than I've ever held.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »

Correct. Sad

They called it "restructuring".  Whatever.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2012, 01:18:07 PM »

Correct. Sad

Ah, but you gave 2 weeks notice. Got it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2012, 01:22:38 PM »

Correct. Sad

Ah, but you gave 2 weeks notice. Got it.

Yes, I offered a 2 weeks notice, but they rejected it.  The onus is on them.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2012, 01:29:12 PM »

I might be missing something, but why on earth are you getting up at 2:30 in the morning on Election Day? Huh
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2012, 02:17:54 PM »

I might be missing something, but why on earth are you getting up at 2:30 in the morning on Election Day? Huh

I want to miss none of the conversation.  The Vermont polls open at 3:00 am MST, and I want to be awake the entire time all the polls in all 50 states are open.   So, to accomodate that, I will probably get up at 1:30 instead of 2:30, so I can start the day off right - in prayer and in a Bible Study with my God.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »

I want to miss none of the conversation.  The Vermont polls open at 3:00 am MST, and I want to be awake the entire time all the polls in all 50 states are open.   So, to accomodate that, I will probably get up at 1:30 instead of 2:30, so I can start the day off right - in prayer and in a Bible Study with my God.

What "conversation"? I mean...do whatever you want, but I don't see what interesting things you're going to learn 1 or 2 hours after polls open.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2012, 02:30:37 PM »

What "conversation"? I mean...do whatever you want, but I don't see what interesting things you're going to learn 1 or 2 hours after polls open.

When I say I'm a political junkie, I take it to the extremes...  Days like this only come around once every four years.  This is our "World Cup" or our "Olympics".  The midterms are our "Winter Olympics" and the primaries are the "Olympic trials".  Yes, I am THAT nerdy about politics. Smiley.  Then, Wednesday morning at midnight, I will declare the 2014 Mid-Term Campaign and the 2016 Presidential Campaign open for business.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2012, 03:26:53 PM »

have you told your parents you were fired?

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2012, 03:35:40 PM »

What I haven't told you yet, is that most of last week, from Tuesday 12:30 pm through the end of the week, I was on bereavement leave.  My other grandmother who lived in Louisiana passed away.  (Technically, she's my great aunt, but I looked up to her and her husband as a third set of grandparents.)  Her husband passed in 2005 and for the past 5 years she's been living near her daughter in Albuquerque and then recently as she started going down hill, because this daughter is a college professor at the University of New Mexico, so she was extremely busy, she was staying with her youngest son in San Angelo, Texas and that's where hospice was called in.  I told my supervisor that I had a death in the family, but I didn't ask for time off.  She told me to take the rest of the week off on her own accord.  CHG gave me a call Tuesday afternoon and we discussed the position, then I had a phone interview on Wednesday and went in for a live interview on Friday and was given the offer before the close of business on Friday.  So, with this job in hand, I felt comfortable enough to put in my 2 weeks notice this past Monday so I could have a week to take care of some business in Oklahoma.  So, my final day is officially Thursday, November 8, 2012, though my final actual work day is Monday, November 5, 2012 because I already had Election Day and the day after scheduled off.  I will go in on Thursday to turn in my badge and then come home.

This obviously is untrue....since you said they told you to GTFO....so was being absent the reason for being let go?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2012, 03:38:24 PM »

Bushie has been fired from more jobs than I've ever held.

To be fair I was fired from a job once (in the sense that my contract was not renewed for a second year), and I live in a constant abject state of fear that I will be fired other otherwise sent packing from my current job.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »

What I haven't told you yet, is that most of last week, from Tuesday 12:30 pm through the end of the week, I was on bereavement leave.  My other grandmother who lived in Louisiana passed away.  (Technically, she's my great aunt, but I looked up to her and her husband as a third set of grandparents.)  Her husband passed in 2005 and for the past 5 years she's been living near her daughter in Albuquerque and then recently as she started going down hill, because this daughter is a college professor at the University of New Mexico, so she was extremely busy, she was staying with her youngest son in San Angelo, Texas and that's where hospice was called in.  I told my supervisor that I had a death in the family, but I didn't ask for time off.  She told me to take the rest of the week off on her own accord.  CHG gave me a call Tuesday afternoon and we discussed the position, then I had a phone interview on Wednesday and went in for a live interview on Friday and was given the offer before the close of business on Friday. So, with this job in hand, I felt comfortable enough to put in my 2 weeks notice this past Monday so I could have a week to take care of some business in Oklahoma.  So, my final day is officially Thursday, November 8, 2012, though my final actual work day is Monday, November 5, 2012 because I already had Election Day and the day after scheduled off. I will go in on Thursday to turn in my badge and then come home.

This obviously is untrue....since you said they told you to GTFO....so was being absent the reason for being let go?

Yeah, that last part of the post wasn't accurate.  Yes, it was a lie.  It would have been accurate had my plans worked. Who knows what the reason was they let me go.  It could have been the bereavement leave the week before, even though my supervisor clearly told me to take off the rest of the week.  Unless she did that with this in mind.  I kind of have a feeling the "restructuring" started in mid-October as opposed to late October.  Who knows.  Whatever reason it was, I'm over it now, just waiting on my final paycheck.  While I've got CHG ready to go on November 26, I've got 3 other items in the pipeline just in case it were to fall through.  Based on my history, I am skeptical when any one offers a job to me, especially with a relatively large amount ($40,000).  I've got three other jobs in the cooker right now that I will follow up on this week.  One of the places, is only 1/2 - 3/4 mile from me, so I can walk there without getting on the main road.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2012, 06:20:55 PM »

What motivates you to lie so often?

Why not just keep your entire life story to yourself if you're uncomfortable telling the truth?

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2012, 06:44:51 PM »

Irrational fear of the backlash from the truth.  I don't stop to think that the backlash from the lie is worse than that from the truth.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Which is why I'm trying to wean myself off the Update thread.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2012, 06:57:51 PM »

I would be skeptical too.. of course, there was a legitimate job available that would start between $35k- $40k in El Reno.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »

My plans for tomorrow have changed slightly.  I didn't post it, but CHG fizzled on me last Friday, so immediately I went on the hunt and looked at a position that had previously offered me a position that I turned down in lieu of another higher paying job.  They accepted me back late this afternoon, but I start tomorrow.  I will normally work 8-5, but tomorrow, I still have to get my fingerprints and drug test done, so I will only be working 8-11 and then will be let loose to get those two things done.  I will then come home and watch the returns (should be home by 2:30 MST).  I accepted this job with the condition that I am still able to take my vacation to Oklahoma next week.  They approved and will resume me on my training the next Monday (Nov 19).  This is a temp to hire position with MMC based out of Dallas, Texas at the Xerox plant in Sandy, Utah.  It is a call center, which I really didn't want, but at this point I'll take just about anything.  It will go permanent back into Xerox.  The good news is it is just 1.25 miles from my house, so I can walk there in bad weather.  The same bus route also serves my apartment and my place of work, so that will be really simple, as well.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »

no exercise of any kind.

I'll probably wake up at 1:30 or 2:00 so I can get into God's Word.

To be honest, I'm not worried about calories on Election Day.  I'm going to watch what I eat that day and won't go overboard on calorie-laden food, but I'm not worried about exercising that day.  I'll exercise Monday and Wednesday.

Jeff, to be honest, you haven't worried about calories the last 20 years or so.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies