Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:03:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141703 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 01:30:53 PM »

If you seriously are having troubles in Utah for personal reasons.....you should really realize that moving to Kenya would be a complete and utter disaster.

Have you ever heard of homesickness?  I feel much better today, BTW.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 01:43:33 PM »

My advise? Just like George said, you need to grow the Inks up. I left CT over a year ago, and moving out of state is something that you need to do sometimes. As for your Grandmother, mine is 87 years old, and fell down a flight of stairs last month. She broke some ribs, fractured a disc in her back, and lost all of her teeth. I went to CT for two days to visit, and came back. I'm 1700 miles from my nearest family member. I miss watching my neices and nephews growing up, but ya know what.. I'm almost 30, and I need to grow up.. that's why I moved to PA, and now here to Texas, because I need to do what I have to go make something of myself.

If you move back now, your giving up. You might not have the chance to move out of state again, and do you really want to live the rest of your life wondering what could have been?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »

If you seriously are having troubles in Utah for personal reasons.....you should really realize that moving to Kenya would be a complete and utter disaster.

Have you ever heard of homesickness?  I feel much better today, BTW.

Yes. I have heard of it. I went away to college and left my home and my parents and saw them every few months for a weekend at a time. It was difficult at first, but I got used to it, became independent and forged a life of my own. I became my own person. There were types both my roommate and I thought about transferring home because it was our "comfort" zone - but after the first 4 months, we became accustomed to things, made friends, got into habits and the like.

My advice is to not give up and go home. I stress you should not move to Kenya. If you think Utah is bad, just imagine what it would be like to be living in a third world country half across the world from your family. But get accustomed to Utah. Stop with these 5 month leases. You aren't at camp. You keep looking back at Utah and you aren't cutting the cord. You are 30 years old man. You have to grow up. You have to be your own man. If you move back to Oklahoma, you may as well move in with your parents and just stay there, accept your life and lose all ambition at all. It would be pathetic, but at least you'd be "fat and happy" as they say.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »

I feel much better today.  The thoughts of giving up and going back to Oklahoma are not there today.  The change started last night when I looked around in my apartment, went outside and took a look at the mountains on my east side and said "I'm home".  I am not about to give up now.  In fact, right now, we are starting the process of getting my house in Oklahoma ready to put on the market.  I have no need to move back into that house, anymore as I feel firmly entrenched up here, now.  The only thing that can derail it is if the job goes kaput.  I don't foresee that happening, though.  I have been given no promises, but that's actually good, because the last few places have given me those promises and next thing I know I'm hitting the classified ads out of the Sunday paper.  I have no intention of going back to my old way of life that dominated the first three decades of my life.  Now, I will be 30 1/2 next Monday, October 29 and I really feel I am in Utah for a while.  This is definitely not going to be a permanent place, because I believe it may be preparation for moving to Kenya later on in the decade.  By the time I go, I will be within 3-5 years of 40, so it should be easier to live there without getting too homesick.

I feel so much better today!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »

I was very encouraged this afternoon.  I called my Maisha coordinator and we still have a lot of praying and planning, but the plans are in place for me to move to Kenya sometime between late 2015 and early 2017.  They have plans for a Maisha Academy in 2014 and then a volunteer home in 2015 where the volunteers like myself would live instead of wasting money by living in the city.  Again, we still have a lot of praying and planning to do, but God is getting me ready to move down there by having me live in Utah for an extended period of time.  I imagine I will move back to Oklahoma before I move to Kenya, but probably not for all that long.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 09:17:11 PM »

I haven't talked about them much, but the past 7 1/2 months, my life has felt much more complete since I became the father of two precious children, Mercy and Phelix.  I have been beaming from ear to ear today knowing that I will be going home for a visit in just 4 1/2 months and that I will be moving down there with them in 4 1/2 years or less!  My goal is to be down there by my 35th birthday (April 29, 2017).  The only question is whether I will move from Utah, or if I'll move back to Oklahoma about 12-18 months in advance and then move from Oklahoma.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 08:59:58 AM »

Seriously, why do you always do these time plans?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »

1) I enjoy time, clocks, and calendars.  2) OCD.   3) I talked with the director of Maisha over the phone Thursday and that was the timeline she mentioned.  The volunteer home is scheduled to be start sometime in 2015, probably our summer time (their winter).  It took 8 months for the first project to be built from the ground up (a medical clinic) to completion, so I figure if it is started in August 2015, it will be completed by April-May 2016.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2012, 09:36:14 AM »

1) I enjoy time, clocks, and calendars.  2) OCD.   3) I talked with the director of Maisha over the phone Thursday and that was the timeline she mentioned.  The volunteer home is scheduled to be start sometime in 2015, probably our summer time (their winter).  It took 8 months for the first project to be built from the ground up (a medical clinic) to completion, so I figure if it is started in August 2015, it will be completed by April-May 2016.

If you're certain that you want to move to Kenya....why not go immediately? I don't understand the whole "I'm certain that I'll go in 4 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 5 days and 8 hours" thing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2012, 09:44:30 AM »

If you're certain that you want to move to Kenya....why not go immediately? I don't understand the whole "I'm certain that I'll go in 4 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 5 days and 8 hours" thing.

If I could, I would.  Things are not ready for me, yet.  Maisha has planned to build  a volunteer home for volunteers like me to live in so we don't waste money living in the city.  First, though, they are going to build a Maisha Academy for the children in 2014, then the volunteer home in 2015.  They are working on grants for both projects right now.  For what I will be doing down there, it would be much more cost-efficient to reside in a volunteer home on the Maisha campus rather than living in Downtown Kisumu and have to find a "Tuk-Tuk" (Shuttle) to take me back and forth to Maisha which is 35-40 minutes one way from Downtown.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 07:15:01 AM »

Have you found a bride yet so that you can legally adopt those kids? Or are you going to just continue to refer yourself as the father of them?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 07:22:17 AM »

If I could, I would.  Things are not ready for me, yet.  Maisha has planned to build  a volunteer home for volunteers like me to live in so we don't waste money living in the city.  First, though, they are going to build a Maisha Academy for the children in 2014, then the volunteer home in 2015.  They are working on grants for both projects right now.  For what I will be doing down there, it would be much more cost-efficient to reside in a volunteer home on the Maisha campus rather than living in Downtown Kisumu and have to find a "Tuk-Tuk" (Shuttle) to take me back and forth to Maisha which is 35-40 minutes one way from Downtown.

Who the heck is Maisha?  Ths is the first we've heard of her... but now I think I see the attraction..

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »

Have you found a bride yet so that you can legally adopt those kids? Or are you going to just continue to refer yourself as the father of them?

I have not found a bride, but I am going to continue to refer to myself as their father.

Who the heck is Maisha?  Ths is the first we've heard of her... but now I think I see the attraction..

Maisha is the name of the orphanage.  The orphanage is in Kisumu, Kenya and the headquarters is in Oklahoma City.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 09:58:33 AM »

I have not found a bride, but I am going to continue to refer to myself as their father.

Not trying to be too negative....but what basis do you have for considering yourself their father? Other than that you want to be?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2012, 10:17:29 AM »

Not trying to be too negative....but what basis do you have for considering yourself their father? Other than that you want to be?

I provide for them financially and have the love of a father.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »

You realize, even if you're in Kenya you will never have custody of them, right?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »

Not trying to be ugly, but how can Bushie financially support children given his situation? Not that I'm in a position to support children either...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 02:13:03 PM »

Not trying to be ugly, but how can Bushie financially support children given his situation? Not that I'm in a position to support children either...

I'm not going to give figures, because I don't want to go back on mod review, but I'm doing better in my financial situation recently.  My bank account is at a comfortable level, nothing too much, but nothing too scary, either.

You realize, even if you're in Kenya you will never have custody of them, right?

Yes, I am aware of that, unless I meet an American bride willing to travel to Kenya or meet a Kenyan bride.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »

Have you paid your parents back all the money you owe them? Are you building an emergency fund in case the world crashes in on you as it does for everybody from time to time? Should be at least 6 months living expenses. I'm working on that one right now. I only have a couple of months saved up right now, but I feel really good about my progress.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 01:30:37 AM »

I'm not going to give figures, because I don't want to go back on mod review, but I'm doing better in my financial situation recently.  My bank account is at a comfortable level, nothing too much, but nothing too scary, either.

Yes, I am aware of that, unless I meet an American bride willing to travel to Kenya or meet a Kenyan bride.

Mod review?  Jeff, you can give out all the personal information about yourself that you wish, and I won't infract you a single point.  You can post your bank statements, the amount you tithe; heck - I'll even let you post your SSN at this point.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »

^ Yeah, you're free to do that.. I don't think anyone cares what personal information people post about themselves.. just dont post others.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 05:01:00 AM »

Mod review?  Jeff, you can give out all the personal information about yourself that you wish, and I won't infract you a single point.  You can post your bank statements, the amount you tithe; heck - I'll even let you post your SSN at this point.

Ask Torie, but are you sure that is what you are supposed to do?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2012, 05:17:43 PM »

mercy? 

i thought the gal's name was hope?

do you not know the name of your 'children?'
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 05:23:45 PM »

mercy? 

i thought the gal's name was hope?

do you not know the name of your 'children?'

Mercy is her first name, Hope is her middle name.  She goes by both names.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 05:40:31 PM »

I am about ready to put my house on the market.  Actually, the gentleman that wants to buy it wants to assume my loan.  I called my mortgage company and I can indeed assume the loan.  They are going to send me an assumption packet to fill out and have this gentleman fill out.  So, to take care of that, I will be flying back to Oklahoma on Friday, November 9, 2012.  My parents will have the packet by the day before so it will be waiting on me.  I will be returning to Salt Lake City on Thursday, November 15, 2012.  If everything goes smoothly, I should be able to hand the keys of the house over to this gentleman before Christmas.  The good news is, once I sign all the paperwork and send everything in, I won't have to sign anything else to officially hand it over as the process will count as my signatures, so I won't have to make another trip home unless I come home for Christmas.  While I am home in November, we'll go ahead and have our Thanksgiving Dinner as a family.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies