Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:56:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141724 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: December 19, 2012, 12:44:30 PM »

So, immediately when Santa leaves his presents, my phone and my tablet will be preparing for Christmas 2013!!

Should we tell him?
I doubt he can take it with his state of mind.

He wouldn't  believe it anyway.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #826 on: December 19, 2012, 03:49:58 PM »

So, immediately when Santa leaves his presents, my phone and my tablet will be preparing for Christmas 2013!!

Should we tell him?
I doubt he can take it with his state of mind.

He wouldn't  believe it anyway.

You mean to tell me that Santa's not real?  Wha...  No... Get ou... Oh what's the use... "You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why.  Santa Clause is not coming to town..."
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #827 on: December 19, 2012, 05:07:56 PM »

It looks like Valentine's Day 2013 merchandise is already coming out. I'm really not surprised, though. We are less than 2 months from Valentine's Day. In the commercial industry, Christmas ends on or about December 15 not December 25. They'll gear up for the returns and exchanges on December 26, but they'll go straight into Valentine's Day and even grills, tractors, and fertilizer. Also, since Easter is in March this year, look for Easter merchandise to come very soon.

OK... you go out to the mall on December 24 and tell me they're not still busy beyond belief with last-minute shoppers.

IIRC, the biggest shopping day of the year tends to be Dec. 23 (though it depends on what day of the week Christmas lands on).

In any case, I don't think that's what Bushie meant.  He wasn't talking about Christmas presents.  He was (I think) talking about the holiday themed merchandise.  That is, Christmas decorations and the like.  While the shopping for presents might peak on Dec. 23, I presume that the sales for the decorations and such would peak considerably earlier than that, though I have no idea how much earlier.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #828 on: December 19, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »

It looks like Valentine's Day 2013 merchandise is already coming out. I'm really not surprised, though. We are less than 2 months from Valentine's Day. In the commercial industry, Christmas ends on or about December 15 not December 25. They'll gear up for the returns and exchanges on December 26, but they'll go straight into Valentine's Day and even grills, tractors, and fertilizer. Also, since Easter is in March this year, look for Easter merchandise to come very soon.

OK... you go out to the mall on December 24 and tell me they're not still busy beyond belief with last-minute shoppers.

IIRC, the biggest shopping day of the year tends to be Dec. 23 (though it depends on what day of the week Christmas lands on).

In any case, I don't think that's what Bushie meant.  He wasn't talking about Christmas presents.  He was (I think) talking about the holiday themed merchandise.  That is, Christmas decorations and the like.  While the shopping for presents might peak on Dec. 23, I presume that the sales for the decorations and such would peak considerably earlier than that, though I have no idea how much earlier.

Indeed.  I'm not talking about Christmas gifts, but more Christmas-themed merchandise.  It does make sense, because most people who will put up a Christmas Tree don't put it up on December 22/23/24 just to take it down a week later.  Most are in late November and early December.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #829 on: December 19, 2012, 05:40:02 PM »

Well, he left work after three hours today because his stomach was bothering him. So that's another day basically lost.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #830 on: December 19, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »

Well, he left work after three hours today because his stomach was bothering him. So that's another day basically lost.

With all the junk he stuffs into it...
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #831 on: December 19, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »

With all the junk he stuffs into it...

But it's only 3500 calories worth!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #832 on: December 19, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »

As far as the airport goes Friday night, the weather will be just fine.  It's supposed to be in the 30s and dry Friday evening.  The only reason I'm going Friday evening instead of Saturday morning is so I don't miss my alarm.  My flight takes off at 6:00, which means I need to be at the airport by 4:00 especially with it being the weekend before Christmas, the airports will be packed.  I need to be to the Airport parking by 3:30, so I would need to leave by 3:00.  This would make me wake up by 2:00.  That's dangerous territory for missing an alarm.  I'll go to the airport Friday evening so I don't miss the alarm!  I'm debating on waiting until after the bowl game Friday night to go to the airport.  The game will be over by 9:00, so I could still get to the airport by 10:00.  Security should still be open at 10:00 especially for midnight flights.  That would make it just a bit cheaper to park.  I would only be paying for 4 - 24 hour nights instead of 5.  Or, I may just leave things untampered and go to the airport at 5:00.  I'll get off at 2:30 Friday, so I'll come home for at least a couple hours before going to the airport.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #833 on: December 19, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »

As far as the airport goes Friday night, the weather will be just fine.  It's supposed to be in the 30s and dry Friday evening.  The only reason I'm going Friday evening instead of Saturday morning is so I don't miss my alarm.  My flight takes off at 6:00, which means I need to be at the airport by 4:00 especially with it being the weekend before Christmas, the airports will be packed.  I need to be to the Airport parking by 3:30, so I would need to leave by 3:00.  This would make me wake up by 2:00.  That's dangerous territory for missing an alarm.  I'll go to the airport Friday evening so I don't miss the alarm!  I'm debating on waiting until after the bowl game Friday night to go to the airport.  The game will be over by 9:00, so I could still get to the airport by 10:00.  Security should still be open at 10:00 especially for midnight flights.  That would make it just a bit cheaper to park.  I would only be paying for 4 - 24 hour nights instead of 5.  Or, I may just leave things untampered and go to the airport at 5:00.  I'll get off at 2:30 Friday, so I'll come home for at least a couple hours before going to the airport.
?? you and airplane times, you would got there at 17 for something at 6 the next day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #834 on: December 19, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »

?? you and airplane times, you would got there at 17 for something at 6 the next day.

Pretty much. Smiley  I tend to like airports for some strange reason and I tend to like long layovers.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #835 on: December 19, 2012, 09:37:11 PM »

Christ.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #836 on: December 19, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »

My first thoughts were 'Jesus'... so that works well..
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #837 on: December 19, 2012, 11:50:55 PM »

Like long layovers? Jesus Tapdancing Christ!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #838 on: December 20, 2012, 09:16:53 AM »

Pretty much. Smiley  I tend to like airports for some strange reason and I tend to like long layovers.
This is worse than the Christmas fixation, the obesity, and the strange calendar rituals. What is there to like about airports? Is it the long lines, screaming children, repetitive security reminders, or low quality food at high prices? It's actually very impressive that something as truly amazing as traveling hundreds of miles per hour in a machine that flies many thousands of feet in the air has been made so unpleasant by all the hassle surrounding it. If I hadn't experienced it myself, I wouldn't it think it possible.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #839 on: December 20, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »

Going to the airport 12 hours before your flight is pure insanity.  That is all.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #840 on: December 20, 2012, 09:25:50 AM »

Going to the airport 12 hours before your flight is pure insanity.  That is all.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #841 on: December 20, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »

Do you know how much fast food he'll eat in 13 hours?  Ugh.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #842 on: December 20, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »

Do you know how much fast food he'll eat in 13 hours?  Ugh.

Well if it's that or walking all the way across the terminal building to get better food... You can't really expect him to attempt the walk with his lack if energy after a hard day at work.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #843 on: December 20, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »

Then he should stay at home.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #844 on: December 20, 2012, 03:42:39 PM »

My Christmas Weekend will begin in 50 minutes!!  They are expecting VERY low call volume tomorrow, so they are treating tomorrow as a volunteer-only day.  Since I have not felt good yesterday and today, I did not volunteer to work tomorrow.  This means, I have a 6 day weekend coming up!!  I will be going back to work at 6:00 am on Thursday, December 27, 2012.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #845 on: December 20, 2012, 03:54:01 PM »

Since I have been having quite a few stomach cramps the past three days, I am going to be proactive and go to the Urgent Care right after work today and try to get something to make me feel better and enjoy my Christmas Weekend.  There's probably nothing serious and it will probably have to just run its course, but I want to make absolutely sure there is nothing going on.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #846 on: December 20, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »

Have you been eating heavy food? Two days ago I ate some habanero chicken wings and I'll be damned if my stomach didn't churn and churn until the next morning!   
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #847 on: December 20, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »

Since I have been having quite a few stomach cramps the past three days, I am going to be proactive and go to the Urgent Care right after work today and try to get something to make me feel better and enjoy my Christmas Weekend.  There's probably nothing serious and it will probably have to just run its course, but I want to make absolutely sure there is nothing going on.

Here's a helpful tip

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #848 on: December 20, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »

I'm sitting here at the Urgent Care waiting to see what kind of trouble I can get into.  I am next in line so shouldn't be long.  Good thing I have the next 6 days off. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #849 on: December 20, 2012, 04:54:55 PM »

Duke, I will admit, I did have some Little Caesar's Pizza Tuesday Night.  That normally doesn't cause me 2-3 days of cramps, but who knows.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies