Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:40:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 142058 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2013, 03:57:34 PM »

And that's why, you always leave a note.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2013, 04:53:42 PM »

I think that the best brunch I ever had was probably about 4 years ago, I went with my ex to Tavern on The Green in NY, and they had an amazing spread. I miss going there.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2013, 05:37:23 PM »

Something more ethnic I could probably try, or something more expensive.. somewhere that I know some slob isn't going to take a bite of something, or pick it up and put it back. The only place I tend to go is at a chinese/japanese place, because I can keep going up when the sushi and sushmi are made and get it fresh, and cheap.

Stay away from Chinese buffets, especially the ones with crab legs and ice cream on the bar! The only buffet I like is the sunday jazz brunch buffet with all you can eat oysters on the halfshell for $39 at one of the hotels here in town.

And for steak: http://hallschophouse.com

BTW, I love when you take charge Purple heart
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2013, 07:55:24 AM »

We need to get back on track with the life of Bushie. Lots of snow coming down under there.. I wonder how he is managing. Perhaps he didn't survive he half foot of snow.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2013, 12:55:59 PM »

Gramps and BRTD, when in that post did I say I would miss because of weather?  I can't find it.  But, as always, you twist my words around.  What I did say is I would attempt to go to work, but would be a nervous wreck all the way there.  That is NOT the same thing as missing work.  The only reason I am off today is because of the call volume.

I know why you're off.  I just want you to resist temptation on other days when you're not.  Tongue

It makes sense what you're saying, but my point was its not happening right now.

Anyway, I've got a possible Plan B in the works as far as my employment goes.  Its a little farther away in Salt Lake City, but it pays slightly more. 12.55 as opposed to 12.00.  No more details beyond that are known.  It is still a very new possibility.  I don't necessarily want to leave where I'm at, but if they keep cutting my hours then I'm not gaining anything, and in fact losing pace.  Plus, if the call volume does stay slow there is an increasing possibility of lay offs which may force me to find something else, anyway.  As far as the weather goes, that's not a real big concern for two reasons. 1) I've survived half the winter already and more importantly 2) I can ride the bus wherever I need to go.

You have survived 21 days of winter.. you still have over 2 months until Spring.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »

Gramps and BRTD, when in that post did I say I would miss because of weather?  I can't find it.  But, as always, you twist my words around.  What I did say is I would attempt to go to work, but would be a nervous wreck all the way there.  That is NOT the same thing as missing work.  The only reason I am off today is because of the call volume.

I know why you're off.  I just want you to resist temptation on other days when you're not.  Tongue

It makes sense what you're saying, but my point was its not happening right now.

Anyway, I've got a possible Plan B in the works as far as my employment goes.  Its a little farther away in Salt Lake City, but it pays slightly more. 12.55 as opposed to 12.00.  No more details beyond that are known.  It is still a very new possibility.  I don't necessarily want to leave where I'm at, but if they keep cutting my hours then I'm not gaining anything, and in fact losing pace.  Plus, if the call volume does stay slow there is an increasing possibility of lay offs which may force me to find something else, anyway.  As far as the weather goes, that's not a real big concern for two reasons. 1) I've survived half the winter already and more importantly 2) I can ride the bus wherever I need to go.

You have survived 21 days of winter.. you still have over 2 months until Spring.

Winter in Utah doesn't start on December 21.  It starts in October and ends sometime in March or April.

No.. it starts December 21st. October is fall.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »

Because it gets pretty chilly up in New England... but we start winter ya know.. with the rest of the country.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2013, 04:47:47 PM »

I dont understand it.. are the only positions available call centers? I probably could have had you in that position we had in El Reno, too. There has to be something out there..
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »

Jeff... you're not proficient at call centers. You keep getting fired from them. That is what most are going to do. They will get you for 6 months, fire you, and just rehire someone else just as fast. Come on, you see this all the time!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2013, 09:02:38 PM »

I know you dont want to burn bridges, but you know they will fire you in a heartbeat and not care, right? They are not going to invest in you, so why be faithful to them?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2013, 06:09:05 AM »

FYI, 11 bucks in Queens is like making 6 bucks an hour. You couldn't afford it, and you couldn't deal with the people. They would eat you alive.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2013, 07:40:38 AM »

That would be interesting. If I only lived in that area.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2013, 12:43:48 PM »

At least it could very well be a union position
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2013, 11:59:02 PM »

If they would offer $11.04 an hour for the same job at the Salt Lake City International Airport, a western Delta hub, I would jump on it without question.  For now, though, I think I am better off doing what I'm doing now.  I still want to talk to the recruiter, though.

Which is what exactly?  Not working??

Working at Xerox right now until I find something better and more stable.

You did, you turned it down.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2013, 09:19:19 AM »

If you want a really big city, then you should go to Chicago, which is really f**king cheap. In fact it's cheaper than SLC.

I'm not real crazy about Chicago, especially with high number of homicides in the city.

Houston is pretty cheap duece.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2013, 12:10:50 PM »

Cheeze
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2013, 07:56:13 AM »

Lolz. I got 45 hours this week and this was actually my least worked week since Christmas.
We get it, BRTD...  you are a midget among dwarfs.
He's an overworked one at that. Not that he's alone in this category, but I strongly dislike America's new expectation of Dickensian working hours. Some of us would like to have some time to enjoy the money that we earn at work. My job recently disallowed overtime. I was mad at first, but having time to do things for myself has been rewarding as well.

I agree. Most days I'm in my office by 7:30, and try to bail out by 5. With having a work phone, I'm always on call...but still I'm glad I don't work later than I have to. I spent 2 years working two jobs, working almost 12-14 hours a day.. I'm done with that.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2013, 06:45:21 PM »

Lolz. I got 45 hours this week and this was actually my least worked week since Christmas.
We get it, BRTD...  you are a midget among dwarfs.
He's an overworked one at that. Not that he's alone in this category, but I strongly dislike America's new expectation of Dickensian working hours. Some of us would like to have some time to enjoy the money that we earn at work. My job recently disallowed overtime. I was mad at first, but having time to do things for myself has been rewarding as well.

I agree. Most days I'm in my office by 7:30, and try to bail out by 5. With having a work phone, I'm always on call...but still I'm glad I don't work later than I have to. I spent 2 years working two jobs, working almost 12-14 hours a day.. I'm done with that.

F*%! that... I'm a strict 9-5 person... there are certainly no expectations of running yourself ragged.

I wish I could do that, but in reality I've got too much work to get done in a 9-5 setting. But it's my own choice to do that, to make sure I get everything set and nothing gets lost.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2013, 08:10:44 PM »

Soo...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2013, 08:48:13 PM »

An once again, forum advise gets ignored, and trouble arrives in paradise.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2013, 09:40:54 PM »

Stop going to call centers. You don't mix well with them. Learn the lesson and find something different. You're better than this, man. You know this.. we all do.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2013, 07:57:37 AM »

There is all this talk about your eggs, and your basket... and yet after months you've still yet to tell us anything more specific on this basket. Is it wicker? Plastic? Come on, the people deserve to know.

Also, there has to be more than call center and sales positions. How many jobs in these two fields have you had since you let ONG? They aren't working.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2013, 11:59:26 AM »

God, I know where this is going. He will end up back in OK looking for a call center job once again. He won't live with his parents though. They will continue to pay for his house. I still can't imagine how they are affording all of this. BushKE never struck me as being a particularly wealthy guy or coming from money. But we don't know a lot about his family. I think he revealed his mom worked at HR Block in a flashback a few seasons ago.

I agree, honey bear. I don't think they are wealthy. If he went back to OK and lived with his parents, he should just do a total reset. Stop with the call centers, stop with sales.. just try and find a secure job, and take it from there...and when you are ready, find your own place again.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »

I love how Bushie uses these sexual innuendoes like "I have a plan in my cooker" and "I have my antenna up, obviously referring to his penis and impregnating a lady. I also imagine him walking around with an antenna on his head and I start to laugh to myself.

Ah, so this is what you and Andrew do in your "video chats" eh?

Jealous?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »

WHOMP WHOMP!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies