Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:08:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 143223 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2012, 02:51:23 AM »

The winds shifted more than I thought they would.  I stand corrected.  (To be fair, the NWS made the same error that I did.)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2012, 03:06:00 AM »

The winds shifted more than I thought they would.  I stand corrected.  (To be fair, the NWS made the same error that I did.)

No harm in your thought, as the NWS/NOAA is a very reliable source for weather and climate.  It just happened a little differently than even I thought.  I thought we'd stop at 3, maybe 4, inches.  I didn't imagine we'd get nearly a half foot.

Of course, all the weather forecasts are are educated guesses by men and women.  Nobody knows for sure what God (or Mother Nature if you don't believe in God) is going to bring weather wise.  So many forecasts are completely false, by the NWS, TWC, WU, Accu, and local experts, because God had some other idea in mind.

That's not why forecasts fail...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2012, 03:50:30 AM »

The winds shifted more than I thought they would.  I stand corrected.  (To be fair, the NWS made the same error that I did.)

No harm in your thought, as the NWS/NOAA is a very reliable source for weather and climate.  It just happened a little differently than even I thought.  I thought we'd stop at 3, maybe 4, inches.  I didn't imagine we'd get nearly a half foot.

Of course, all the weather forecasts are are educated guesses by men and women.  Nobody knows for sure what God (or Mother Nature if you don't believe in God) is going to bring weather wise.  So many forecasts are completely false, by the NWS, TWC, WU, Accu, and local experts, because God had some other idea in mind.

That's not why forecasts fail...

Ultimately, it is.  I believe that God controls every single dimension and aspect of this universe and of this world and He alone controls the weather.  There may be climate change, but ultimately, God is always the One in charge calling the shots, always has been, always will be.

OK, but that's not why forecasts are wrong.  If you attempt to estimate the speed of a travelling car, the failure of that estimation lies with the person estimating the speed, not the one driving the car.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »

Yes, it's cooking in its absolute bare form... I guess it's slightly better than "cooking" toast.  But real cooking involves more than shaping something and flipping it over in a pan.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »

Why did God send Hurricane Sandy to the East Coast?

God doesn't like librulz, you should know that

If God doesn't like librulz, I'm not in good shape myself.  

BAM! lulz

Its funny that compared to this forum, I am a Bible-thumpin' conservative.  Compared to my facebook friends, I am a flamin' liberal.
You are that rare species: a Bible-thumpin' Liberal.

Meh... he's comparative to a lot of souithern Democrats.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2012, 10:46:30 PM »

Yes, it's cooking in its absolute bare form... I guess it's slightly better than "cooking" toast.  But real cooking involves more than shaping something and flipping it over in a pan.

I'll agree its not cooking a huge meal, and whether it is actually healthier or not is immaterial to this one main thing, and this is a biggie in its own right, it SAVES MONEY!! It saves me about on average $7-$9 for a fast food meal that is a lot worse than what I had.  Tomorrow after work, I plan to go to the grocery store and get another pound of ground beef and fix the spaghetti.  I may get two pounds of meat so I can fix tacos either Tuesday or Wednesday night.  If I can spend about $5 for 2 pounds of meat (hypothetically, mind you) that would end up saving me another $10.  Keep doing that and I'll suddenly get more comfortable in my finances!

You saved $7-$9 on a cheeseburger?  Goodness, how much do you spend when you eat fast food.  A half pound of hamburger meat would be what... $2, plus maybe $0.25 for the buns.  So your cost of this meal was roughly $2.25... so you're telling me that you spend $9.25-11.25 when you eat fast food?  That's like 2-3 value meals or 9-11 dollar menu items.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2012, 11:25:21 PM »

I'll agree its not cooking a huge meal, and whether it is actually healthier or not is immaterial to this one main thing, and this is a biggie in its own right, it SAVES MONEY!! It saves me about on average $7-$9 for a fast food meal that is a lot worse than what I had.  Tomorrow after work, I plan to go to the grocery store and get another pound of ground beef and fix the spaghetti.  I may get two pounds of meat so I can fix tacos either Tuesday or Wednesday night.  If I can spend about $5 for 2 pounds of meat (hypothetically, mind you) that would end up saving me another $10.  Keep doing that and I'll suddenly get more comfortable in my finances!

You saved $7-$9 on a cheeseburger?  Goodness, how much do you spend when you eat fast food.  A half pound of hamburger meat would be what... $2, plus maybe $0.25 for the buns.  So your cost of this meal was roughly $2.25... so you're telling me that you spend $9.25-11.25 when you eat fast food?  That's like 2-3 value meals or 9-11 dollar menu items.

I spend on average about $8-$9 per meal, depending on where I go.  So, take $9 and subtract the $2.25 for the meal and that's $7 give or take.

What did you buy for $9?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2012, 03:00:14 AM »

Here, Jeff, you should create a profile here: https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/default.aspx
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2012, 03:33:50 AM »

Step in the right direction. Good job! I'm a major cheapskate, so I applaud the saving money thing too. You may want to try a higher quality of beef, which will be leaner only slightly more expensive. If you use whole wheat buns, you'll get fiber which makes you feel full, makes it easier to poop, and substantially lowers your risk of colon cancer. It's bit of an acquired taste, so go with it a few times. Ditch the cheese. It's just extra fat. I like to put fresh spinach leaves on hamburgers instead of lettuce. More flavor and more vitamins.
New recipe for you. Only slightly more difficult than hamburgers. Put some uncooked chicken parts on a baking sheet along with cut up pieces of potato and carrots. Pour a small amount of bbq sauce on top. A little bit goes a long way. Bake at 350 for about half an hour. Boom. Cheap, tasty meal. Leftover microwave very well. I would also boil some broccoli (just for a minute) seperately just to get a veggie in, but I'm willing to see you take baby steps.

Wouldn't the carrots and potatoes be vegetables? (Although some classify "starches" as non-vegetables, but that's a minor debate).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2012, 04:08:26 AM »

Well, there's no scientific definition of what counts as veggie.

Well, that's not true, but now we're getting off topic. Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2012, 03:07:12 AM »

So what happened to the weight updates?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2012, 08:16:26 AM »

Yeah, he's by far the best Bushie doppleganger.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2012, 12:26:26 AM »

No, I've held steady, actually.  I'm at 268 as of this morning, which us only up 1-2 pounds.  I'm still persevering, though.

So what made you gain 8 pounds in a couple weeks?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2012, 11:40:42 PM »

No, I've held steady, actually.  I'm at 268 as of this morning, which us only up 1-2 pounds.  I'm still persevering, though.

So what made you gain 8 pounds in a couple weeks?

No, I was at 264-266 a couple weeks ago, so I've only risen 2-4 pounds, I can't remember what I was.

But you lost 6.  266 - 6 = 260 + 8 = 268.  You gained a net of 2, but you gained 8 from the point that you had lost 6.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2012, 11:48:21 PM »

You used to be 265... when did you go up to 270?  (It's sad that I know this).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2012, 01:27:24 AM »

I may, and probable am, over-exaggerating the conditions, but that would be the worst case scenario.

To quote Clark Griswald... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxGkcC1VrhU&feature=youtu.be&t=1m43s (profanity)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2012, 08:21:14 AM »

It looks like Valentine's Day 2013 merchandise is already coming out. I'm really not surprised, though. We are less than 2 months from Valentine's Day. In the commercial industry, Christmas ends on or about December 15 not December 25. They'll gear up for the returns and exchanges on December 26, but they'll go straight into Valentine's Day and even grills, tractors, and fertilizer. Also, since Easter is in March this year, look for Easter merchandise to come very soon.

OK... you go out to the mall on December 24 and tell me they're not still busy beyond belief with last-minute shoppers.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2012, 08:22:11 AM »

So, immediately when Santa leaves his presents, my phone and my tablet will be preparing for Christmas 2013!!

Should we tell him?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2012, 03:01:46 AM »

I will be perfectly honest, when Dad said I'm sleeping in a hotel, I lol'd myself...  It was not my idea.  I couldnt say anything because he's driving.

Now we know where he gets it from...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2012, 05:48:43 PM »

He is the best father in the world, just very protective of his baby boy!

His 30-something year old baby boy who lives in another state?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2012, 02:49:14 AM »

Wait, Bushie has siblings? I'd love to find out what they're like.

I have one older brother who is a 19-year veteran of the US Navy.  He will be retiring from the Navy in June 2014.  He is married and has a daughter who is turning 13 this Thursday.  He is aboard ship for the next 18 months so his wife and daughter are staying with his mother-in-law in Merrill, NY which is near Plattsburg and about 15 miles from the Canadian border.

And is he more normal than you?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2012, 09:29:49 AM »

Yes, but I hope you're not implying that my non-normalcy is somehow bad...

You've lost how many jobs?  I mean, it's good that you're employed now, but don't you ever wonder where you'd have been?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2012, 03:11:16 PM »

Yes, but I hope you're not implying that my non-normalcy is somehow bad...

You've lost how many jobs?  I mean, it's good that you're employed now, but don't you ever wonder where you'd have been?

Yes, but I don't dwell on what could have been.  I dwell on what I need to do moving forward.  I don't live life looking in the rear-view mirror.  I try to keep my eyes on the road.

OK, but what lessons have you learned from the past?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2012, 05:28:07 AM »

Most likely, yes, because after the storm moves out tomorrow night, we should be dry, sunny, and cold the remainder of the year.  There's another small system coming in Sunday evening with snow showers, but at most an inch out of that one.  The next storm of any consequence looks like it will arrive the first weekend of 2013.

How could you possibly know the weather 11 days in advance?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2012, 02:01:38 AM »

Inks,

Nobody knows the weather 10-11 days out really, but this information is based on our local meteorologists.  I'm beginning to doubt it, though, because Weather.com which has a 10-day forecast that goes through Saturday, January 5, 2013, shows dry and cold.  Then again, they rarely ever show snow for us.  Weather Underground goes through Sunday, January 6, and it also shows dry and cold.  We'll see how it pans out.  10 days out is a long time in the weather world, so anything can and probably will change, but it gives me an idea of what is to come.

No, a 10-day winter forecast does not give you any idea of what is to come.  Other than maybe a general pattern of either a ridge or a trough, you have no idea what the weather will be that far in advance during the winter.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies