Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:15:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141621 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: December 01, 2012, 09:48:16 PM »

Walking around San Francisco kicked my Inks last summer.  It's like being on one of those stair stepper machines.

I would consider it a challenge!  Of course, I won't take the challenge until I make sure I can handle the challenge!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #551 on: December 01, 2012, 10:56:01 PM »

One thing that hasn't been discussed and really is more important than weight is body fat.  Weight can fluctuate, and if you are primarily just dropping water weight, it really doesn't mean much.  Its body fat that you really should be concerned with rather than just the pounds.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #552 on: December 01, 2012, 11:24:01 PM »

Jeff, did you really lose 6 pounds?  Because the last time the forum convinced you to diet, you magically started losing weight really easily, but then we found out that you lied about the weight loss.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #553 on: December 01, 2012, 11:27:24 PM »

Jeff, did you really lose 6 pounds?  Because the last time the forum convinced you to diet, you magically started losing weight really easily, but then we found out that you lied about the weight loss.

Yes, I have lost 6 pounds.  This is no lie.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #554 on: December 01, 2012, 11:31:46 PM »

That's what you told us before...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #555 on: December 01, 2012, 11:33:30 PM »

Jeff, did you really lose 6 pounds?  Because the last time the forum convinced you to diet, you magically started losing weight really easily, but then we found out that you lied about the weight loss.

Yes, I have lost 6 pounds.  This is no lie.

I've gone from 270-264.  I know what I saw on the scale this morning, and it really doesn't matter if anyone here believes me or not.

I'll probably resurface just a bit by morning, probably back to 4 or 5 pounds because I fell off the wagon today, but I will be hopping back on it tomorrow.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #556 on: December 01, 2012, 11:36:49 PM »

Might be taking the Clarence Darrow routine a bit far, Inks.

Someone stretched the truth or lied on the internet. The HORROR....
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #557 on: December 01, 2012, 11:45:07 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #558 on: December 01, 2012, 11:49:34 PM »

I'll defend Inks here.  He has the right to believe what he wants to believe.  I can do nothing about what he believes, especially given my history.  All I can do is state what has happened and its up to him whether to believe it or not.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #559 on: December 02, 2012, 12:47:05 AM »

Jeff, did you really lose 6 pounds?  Because the last time the forum convinced you to diet, you magically started losing weight really easily, but then we found out that you lied about the weight loss.

Yes, I have lost 6 pounds.  This is no lie.

I've gone from 270-264.  I know what I saw on the scale this morning, and it really doesn't matter if anyone here believes me or not.

I'll probably resurface just a bit by morning, probably back to 4 or 5 pounds because I fell off the wagon today, but I will be hopping back on it tomorrow.

Was the 270 also measured in the morning?  Weight an fluctuate several pounds during the same day and you are typically at your lowest in the morning, that is generally because you tend to lose more water weight when you sleep but losing water weight doesn't actually mean you lost any weight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #560 on: December 02, 2012, 12:53:40 AM »

I've gone from 270-264.  I know what I saw on the scale this morning, and it really doesn't matter if anyone here believes me or not.

Was the 270 also measured in the morning?  Weight an fluctuate several pounds during the same day and you are typically at your lowest in the morning, that is generally because you tend to lose more water weight when you sleep but losing water weight doesn't actually mean you lost any weight.

Yes, it is all measured in the morning before I get dressed.  I also occasionally weigh myself before bed time to see what the morning may look like.  I don't record the evening measurements.  My typical procedure in the mornings is go to the bathroom, weigh, then shower and get dressed.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #561 on: December 02, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »

LIES LIES LIES YEAH!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #562 on: December 02, 2012, 12:26:48 PM »

Just as I thought, I did gain 2 pounds this morning thanks to overdoing it yesterday.  I allowed myself to eat foods I enjoy, and that was my mistake.  Back to it, today.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #563 on: December 02, 2012, 01:07:13 PM »

Just as I thought, I did gain 2 pounds this morning thanks to overdoing it yesterday.  I allowed myself to eat foods I enjoy, and that was my mistake.  Back to it, today.

Unless you consumed 7,000 calories more than maintenence, you haven't actually gained 2 pounds.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #564 on: December 02, 2012, 01:17:45 PM »

Unless you consumed 7,000 calories more than maintenence, you haven't actually gained 2 pounds.

Water weight?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #565 on: December 02, 2012, 01:34:43 PM »

Water weight?

Yes. He "gained" 2 pounds now just as he "lost" 6 pounds in 1 week (in other words, virtually impossible)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #566 on: December 02, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »

Water weight?

Likely, probably also explains a good portion of the six pound loss.  Many people don't really understand natural fluctuations in weight
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #567 on: December 02, 2012, 04:50:14 PM »

The reason I don't think the 6 pounds is water weight, is I've been down this road before.  When I started losing the 25 pounds 13 months ago, I went down pretty rapidly, and I believe I had lost 6-7 pounds in the first week.  Some of it could be water weight, but I think a good portion of it is legitimate weight loss.  The 2 pound weight gain this morning could be either water weight or legitimate weight game.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #568 on: December 02, 2012, 04:52:58 PM »

The reason I don't think the 6 pounds is water weight, is I've been down this road before.  When I started losing the 25 pounds 13 months ago, I went down pretty rapidly, and I believe I had lost 6-7 pounds in the first week.  Some of it could be water weight, but I think a good portion of it is legitimate weight loss.  The 2 pound weight gain this morning could be either water weight or legitimate weight game.

Calories matter. The 3,500 per pound are not just an estimate.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #569 on: December 02, 2012, 04:54:14 PM »

How do you play that?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #570 on: December 02, 2012, 04:57:23 PM »

Bushie, if you were reading this thread at all this was already explained to you- ad nauseum almost.

To lose an actual lb of fat you need to burn off about 3500 calories in excess of weight maintenance caloric levels. The way you were doing it you might have been running a deficit of 500 or so on food side. If you didnt increase your activity, you were on pace for a 1lb a week actual weight loss. 7x500

My first month I lost a lb a day of actual weight but I was exercising 3 hours a day and eating 1800 calories. Running 3500 calorie deficits a day. This isnt typically recommended but neither is better super fat.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #571 on: December 02, 2012, 04:58:29 PM »

Most days this past week, I stuck with the 2,400-2,600 vicinity (hence, the weight loss).  Yesterday, I know I probably came closer to 4,000 if not a little more.  I had a big breakfast and a big dinner yesterday.  My weight maintenance is 3,240 according to Inks formula, and I probably exceeded that by at least 750, if not 1,000 yesterday.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #572 on: December 02, 2012, 04:58:35 PM »

Loses weight ==> legitimate.
Gains weight ==> ehh, who knows?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #573 on: December 02, 2012, 04:59:57 PM »

Oops.  Sorry, I'm not feeling good right now. Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #574 on: December 02, 2012, 05:01:14 PM »

Most days this past week, I stuck with the 2,400-2,600 vicinity (hence, the weight loss).  Yesterday, I know I probably came closer to 4,000 if not a little more.  I had a big breakfast and a big dinner yesterday.  My weight maintenance is 3,240 according to Inks formula, and I probably exceeded that by at least 750, if not 1,000 yesterday.

Then it's impossible that you gained 2 pounds of fat overnight. Just as it's impossible you lost 6 pounds of fat...

These are just basic nuttitional facts.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies