Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:31:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 143667 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »

It doesn't need to be at Walgreens or a magazine. Do you having nothing printed at your home? A book?  A newspaper? A frozen burrito wrapper? Walgreens is just convenient because you can try on glasses at the same time and see if they are helpful.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2012, 08:27:34 PM »

I wouldn't worry much about four pounds. Weight fluctuates all the time. Think of it as a margin of error. Going to church in the mornin?  You like the church? Any pretty ladies there?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »

Memphis, looking for girls in church is a terrible and sacrilegious idea.

Church sounds like the perfect place for a religious to find girls.
Church has the respectable girls. If you're new in town, where else you gonna look, craiglist? Note to Bushie, please do NOT actually look for girls on cgaigslist.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 01:15:53 AM »

Memphis, looking for girls in church is a terrible and sacrilegious idea.

Church sounds like the perfect place for a religious to find girls.

But I can tell you, from limited experience, they don't put-...
Depends what you're looking for of course. If you want an easy lay, by all means, go to the local club. If you're looking to settle down with somebody who's worth seeing again, church is an excellent place to start. Especially for a guy who is already going there anyway. Networking is king. Same as it ever was.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »

I don't know how a person can take a brief field trip to Africa and then decide that two children there are suddenly "his." And seeing the kids on the Sally Struthers commercials makes me just as sad as anybody else, but even if I were to join the club, it wouldn't mean that the child belonged to me. It's a completely different sort of relationship. Going to Africa is outside of my list of experiences, so perhaps it is not fair for me to judge, but WTF? Seriously.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2012, 07:57:45 PM »

How hard is it to get let go from a gov't contracting job? Before my dad had his complete breakdown that I discussed on tweed's psychiatric disability thread, he was working for the state of TN at a prison and was also pretty damn worthless. He could not be fired because he showed up for work on time and didn't do anything super crazy. They tried giving him no work to do whatsoever for many months, as that was the most "hostile" thing they could do to try to get rid of him. But he lasted a few more years. And now gets a defined pension for life. I need to get a gov't job!!!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2013, 02:10:28 PM »

Hamburgers are great. Just not the sloppy flat ones on uber refined buns that you get from most fast food places. If this is what your burgers look like, you're doing it wrong.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2013, 12:08:59 AM »

How about something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3BsasVVke0
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »

I hope Bushie enjoys the eternity of hellfire he has brought upon himself.
If heaven and hell are binary and Bushie is now firmly in the latter category, he may as well live it up before facing the inevitable. Blow and hookers for everybody!!!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2013, 06:36:20 PM »

Why would one need to "turn up" or down heat. Don't you guys have automatic thermostats? Extremely standard equipment where I live.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2013, 09:12:29 PM »

I still don't understand why a thermostat would need to be set to a hgher temp just because it's colder outside. We all have an ideal temp, perhaps influenced by a desire to keep heating costs low, but a temp we are shooting for nonetheless. Why does the outside temp matter at all? I don't make my house any cooler on a 95 degree day than I do on an 85 defree day.the machine may have to work harder but I don't have to do anything.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2013, 10:59:21 PM »

Eww. 75 is disgusting! I guess if you're sick, you may need it a little warmer to compensate, but other than that I still say the temperature outside doesn't matter one iota. If you're inside, you're inside. As for drafts, why not do something about them rather than raising the thermostat? I duct tape all my window shut during the winter. I also just happened to have put on some weather stripping to the back door because a lot of heat was getting out in the small gap between the door and the floor. I'm the least handy person ever. This stuff is easy.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2013, 11:46:14 PM »

Eww. 75 is disgusting! I guess if you're sick, you may need it a little warmer to compensate, but other than that I still say the temperature outside doesn't matter one iota. If you're inside, you're inside. As for drafts, why not do something about them rather than raising the thermostat? I duct tape all my window shut during the winter. I also just happened to have put on some weather stripping to the back door because a lot of heat was getting out in the small gap between the door and the floor. I'm the least handy person ever. This stuff is easy.

The problem is, my apartment is brand new, I'm the first resident in the apartment and there are absolutely no drafts in either outside door.  Plus, I'm next to the building's laundry room so its even warmer than usual.  I haven't had to have my heat on a whole lot this fall/winter, yet, but the past few days I have been.  The thing about my heater is its perfectly quiet.  You only know its working because the temperature in the room gets warmer.  The coils under the floor heat up and allow the heat to rise in the room, pushing the cold air to the ceiling.  My heater makes absolutely no noise, whatsoever.
Nothing you said is a problem. A new apartment sounds lovely. And a quiet heater is great. Why would you want a demon furnace? A few years back BRTD mentioned that the heat in his old dumpy building couldn't keep up with the Minnesota cold. That is a problem. I also am not following you on the "pushing the cold air to the ceiling thing." Hot air always rises. But if your utilities are included, by all means, make yourself as cozy as you like. No need to scrimp on somebody else's dime.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »

I enjoyed his hurt feelings when his grandmother's birthday overshadowed his own.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2013, 10:21:17 PM »

I enjoyed his hurt feelings when his grandmother's birthday overshadowed his own.

I so forgot that!
I've got a good head for trivia and stories. Which is why I was a history major. But even I can't keep up with all the jobs (and I use the term very loosely) he's had. OK Gas company. On company. Kirby vacuums. Rainbow vacuums. Ameriscam. Sprint. Dell. Xerox. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Whatever happened to the reverand [sic] subplot? Was he ever preaching the gospel. Or <shudders> giving people advice about their personal situations. So many loose ends. A modest home with a mortgage in OK. Expenses greatly in excess of income. I've had the same steady job for six years now and I live damn frugally just to get by and squirrel away a small bit away each month in case of an unexpected expense, which, of course, hits me every month or two. Gonna need new tires soon. That's gonna be an Inks, but that's why I try so hard to save money whenever possible! No regular meals out, local hotel stays, church membership/tithing, or children, adoptive or otherwise for this very steadily employed cowboy. And I would LOVE to hear more about the calendar rituals. I'm not completely up on the details of those. I do wish the best for Bushie, and I slightly regret that this post is so ugly and judgmental. But I have a very nosey side with a tendancy to know when I'm being served a load of bull. But I can suspend disbelief as well as the next guy. I like a good novel and a good tv show. I'm fairly willing to overlook plot holes so long as the word fiction is printed on the label. Or maybe the jokes on us for not getting what has been so obvious all along. Somewhere out there, there is an art benefactor who would pony up big bucks for this post-postmodern anti-masterpiece. In 100 years, this might just be required reading for all school children. The lessons are quite nicely layered and instructive. It's hard to say what the literary world will latch on to. Shakespeare wasn't considered high art in his day either.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2013, 07:48:19 PM »

I think a coming out of the closet story would be great! There's hasn't been any sincerity in the update since.......ever, I guess. It would make him feel more like a real person. Character development is so critical.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2013, 08:40:34 PM »

"Weighing myself everyday" yet again igoring what EVERY expert on weight loss will tell you ... stop, let me repeat for effect, STOP weighing yourself so frequently. It's a guaranteed way to screw yourself over. If you don't have the self-discipline to say I'm going to keep on track and only weigh myself once a week ... then you've got NO chance of succeeding long-term.

Have you not read Inks advice?  Is your advice somehow more credible than Inks?  One style does NOT fit all.  I will weigh myself everyday mainly because I HAVE to know how I am doing EVERY single day.  I go crazy otherwise and am even more prone to misjudge how I'm doing.
And it's really ok as long as you understand that it just like the polling from before the election. There is a "margin of error" so to speak because of regular fluctuations. Don't get too encouraged by PPP because Rasmussen is coming up next. You need a long term regression. Imagine this thing that I stole from wikipedia only with a negative slope.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2013, 11:21:09 PM »

Yeah, never trust anybody in a suit. Bankers. Lawyers. Politicians. Salesmen. Clergy. The suit is a huge red flag that something is slimy. Door to door vacuum salesman? Jesus! Speaking of clergy, what is your issue with female pastors? Do you find the female form too distracting? Or do you find the male voice more pleasing? What difference does it make, so long as the job is done?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2013, 12:07:10 AM »

SimFan must have a lot of money to blow if he's giving away a free suit. Or more likely he's making the statement for the prestige, knowing the offer will never go through. Which is very silly.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2013, 03:05:03 AM »

SimFan must have a lot of money to blow if he's giving away a free suit. Or more likely he's making the statement for the prestige, knowing the offer will never go through. Which is very silly.

No, but I know Bushie doesn't. He's not going to go for the $2,000 Golden Fleece suit. If he would go, he'd opt for something from the Red Fleece line or something.
I don't ever wear suits. I don't even own one, but just from window shopping, I'm rather unimpressed with Brooks Brothers. Joseph A Bank always seem to have a far better look. Brooks, like Eddie Bauer, always seems to be deliberatly trying to be 10 years out of style. Just for looksies, I also like a local Memphis shop called James Davis, but nobody on here is going to know what the Inks that is anyway.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2013, 04:02:39 PM »

I'll see SimFan's suit and pony up half the cost of a (moderately priced) gym membership, provided that he would go for at least half an hour at least three times per week with no exceptions. I think that would do a lot more good for him than new clothes for the moment. And I believe Inks offered to help with the cost of groceries a while back. Forget a job. He's doing just fine on the kindness of strangers Tongue
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »

Bushie, turn off the tv. There's nothing magical it can teach you. You'd be better off doing anything with your time. And I say that as a total hypocrit who wants to lose weight but wastes far too much time in front of a screen. Do as I say, not as I do. Please.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2013, 09:55:54 PM »

I very strongly prefer lentils to beans. Especially the delicate little red ones, but those can be hard to find. May have to go to whole foods to get them. The green ones next to the rice at WalMart (just labelled "lentils") are pretty good too. Saute some fresh onion and garlic and throw them in to add flavor. Beans are a big pain in the Inks. You have to soak them forever and then cook them for hours and hours after that. I do like black beans a lot though. Excellent with a bit of sour cream.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2013, 11:14:58 AM »

Beans and especially lentils don't give me gas. Dairy is the real culprit in that department. Canned beans don't taste right. The texture holds up a lot better than canned veggies, which are an abomination if ever there were one, but they're still a little off although they're ok in things.  Canned kidney beans work great for chili, for instance. And a can of refried beans can be a part of a dip or go in a tortilla along with other goodies. But I'll still rep the lentil till the day I die. I can enjoy a big bowl of lentils as a meal. They're a comfort food. Def would not say the same thing about beans.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2013, 06:57:14 AM »

Can't think of anywhere that has a salad bar here. Well, the Indian buffet I frequent has a little bit of salad that I skip every time. I'm always much more focused on the Palak Paneer. When I was a kid, my mom would frequently take me to Shoney's and they had a large salad bar with access included with any dinner. Trouble was all the ingrediants had a way of running together and making a mess. But it was a nice way for a kid to keep himself occupied during the insufferable 15 minute wait before the food arrives. Most of the Shoneys have closed but the one we used to go to is still there, though that neighborhood has not aged well. Not terrible, just gritty. I may have to go back one day just for the nostalgia. I even got a teddy bear from there once. Bet it hasn't changed a bit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies