Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:54:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 143837 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »

I hope you're looking for a new job. Six hours worth of work on a check is pathetic.

As Franzl noted, WalMart would pay far more.....
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »

In all fairness to Bushie (can't believe I'm saying that), the "VTO" that he refers to is a common call center thing and not something that one is looked down upon for doing. If they don't need as many people as are staffed and say you can leave, then what are you to blame for? And quite common when call centers are overstaffed before an upcoming rush. Of course working only SIX HOURS a paycheck is downright absurd. The VTO is as the V says, "voluntary", you can opt to stay, quite frankly not taking calls for two hours is all the more reason to stay for me, you're still getting paid. I rarely have taken VTO even when offered in the past (with my new position I probably won't be offered it anymore, they'll always have work for me to do.) At least go to a temp agency or something, sheesh.

I'll probably still ask for the VTO tomorrow if and when its offered, if nothing more than so I can rest up for the 10 1/2 hours I'll be putting in both Wednesday and Thursday.

Sorry dude, you're a young person with nothing else to do BUT work.......to be candid, you're a lazy.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 03:17:02 PM »

Jeff, you're lazy.  How can you expect to adopt 2 kids if you don't have the discipline to stay at work a whole day?

How does he expect to even pay ALL of his own bills?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »

Guys, what part of I will be working 5 hours Overtime Wednesday and Thursday do you not understand?

What part of at 30 years old you're working less hours than most in their mid-50s and 60s?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 07:19:25 PM »

July 1st? If he's still there on Feb. 1st, I'll be surprised.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2012, 10:55:39 AM »

How hard is it to get let go from a gov't contracting job? Before my dad had his complete breakdown that I discussed on tweed's psychiatric disability thread, he was working for the state of TN at a prison and was also pretty damn worthless. He could not be fired because he showed up for work on time and didn't do anything super crazy. They tried giving him no work to do whatsoever for many months, as that was the most "hostile" thing they could do to try to get rid of him. But he lasted a few more years. And now gets a defined pension for life. I need to get a gov't job!!!

That's right memphis - the only hope for the working class is 1) the government job, and 2) the unionized job for a public utility (as in the power company or water company).  If a person is working for the 'private sector' he might as well throw in the towel (and by that I do mean american-style).

He lost both of those types of jobs.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »

Jesus christ, he's treating working the same way he treats his diets!

He's lost more jobs than weight......
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 07:37:59 PM »

You are aware that weighing yourself day by day won't do you any good? Right?

Start measuring yourself once a week and maybe weigh yourself once a fortnight. Yet again, your capacity for self-sabotage is easily visible.

He of all people needs to do it daily.  Once he slips out of that routine, he'll never get back into it.  He needs to weigh himself and write it down but not obsess over it... it's a conundrum considering he can't do something without obsessing over it, yet he won't do something unless it's part of a consistent pattern (and based on his past, I don't think weekly is enough to be good for a pattern).

I will be weighing every day and tracking it.  I'm the type of person that HAS to know every day otherwise I get very antsy and am very liable to quit.

____

I have to clock in 12 1/2 hours from now at 6:00 am. I want to be at work by 5:20 so I can get things ready and make sure I'm ready to go at 6:00 am. This means I want to be awake by 4:00. I will definitely need my sleep tonight as I will be embarking on two 11-hour days. I've done it before, but not since last Spring. So, with that said, I'm going to go to bed no later than 8:00 pm tonight - 2 1/2 hours from now. I really am looking forward to the next three days. 11 hour days tomorrow and Thursday and a normal 8 1/2 hour day on Friday.

Jesus, dude man the fyck up......you're not going to die working real-life hours
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »

Personally, Gramps, I am ready to get back to 8 hour plus work days.  The holidays were fun and all, but now its time to get down to serious business.  No, 11 hour days are not extraordinarily long.  Remember, I work 6-5 at Dell in OKC for 4 months from the beginning October 2011 to beginning February 2012.  I also worked 8-7 shortly after I got hired on permanent.  I have no doubt I will be able to handle it.  8 hours sleep is not an enormous amount of sleep and is really only a half hour to an hour more than what I get on most work nights anyway.  I'm not dreading the 11 hour days, at all, in fact I'm looking forward to them.  It will be extremely busy both days (Wednesday busier than Thursday) so the time will go by really fast.  Next week, I'll work some overtime, as well.  Monday is supposed to be another busy day, so I'll probably work 6-4 Monday-Thursday and work the normal 6:00-2:30 on Friday.  That would give me 6 hours overtime, the equivalent of 9 normal hours.  That is an extra $100 on my paycheck.  If I can do that both weeks, that's an extra $200.

Ok ok, perhaps I was harsh, sorry, but as Inks mentioned your postings make this schedule seem dramatic when it's not....do you see that?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2013, 04:33:43 PM »

Damn you, King...just damn.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »

We need to start bipartisan compromise.  We can't get Bushie to eat healthy, so eating better tasting unhealthy food seems like the next best solution.  At least that way he can enjoy the slow death.

I'd like to start the slow death diet with that burger, my friend.  Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2013, 08:47:42 AM »

Nothing makes a snoozer of a story more interesting than incest.  Way to go, Bushie!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2013, 09:13:52 AM »

Goddamn buzzkill you are, Mr. Morden. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »

Of course, we are really in love though.

Hmmmmm.  Marokai wants to talk to you about Dukey Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2013, 01:23:33 PM »

Of course, we are really in love though.

Hmmmmm.  Marokai wants to talk to you about Dukey Wink

He can't have him. I've already asked for his hand, and he said yes.

You might have his hand, but Marokai Hokey Pokey has some other part of him Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2013, 02:37:20 PM »

Say "No" to "VTO"
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »

Look at Dr. J's signature.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I like my apartment on 70.

70 degrees is a treat. I only leave mine that high when I have a party or special guests. Normally my thermostat is at 62 degrees, and it's lower when I'm sleeping or out of the house.

Damn Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  70 here, but I'm an old, you see Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2013, 11:36:19 AM »

Wait, when was Kenya March 2013 even mentioned?  You'd lose your job taking that much time off this early.  Were you going to quit before you went to Kenya?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2013, 08:18:23 PM »

I've never understood how he manages to get so much time off.

He loses the job, that's how,  you see.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:16 PM »

I really don't want to wait 2 years to see the kids,

Roll Eyes
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2013, 02:47:21 PM »

Hey, they are my kids and no one can say different.  Maisha considers me their father.

I don't know what entity "Maisha" is, but it's not the Kenyan Government or any subsidiary of it.  Unless of course you want to do some time in a Kenyan hoosegow.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »

The thought of Bushie chafing in jeans has completely ruined my mood for lunch........OMG
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2013, 01:12:14 PM »

The thought of Bushie chafing in jeans has completely ruined my mood for lunch........OMG

10 points is not enough for this post... Wink

I hear ya.....banishment is the only punishment. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2013, 02:45:30 PM »

Oh, and today at work, I've started drinking more water.  I drank 40 oz. of water today and only 20 oz of soda while at work.  I know 40 oz (5 glasses) is not the 6-8 glasses of water I should be at, but its roughly about 4 1/2 glasses (36 oz) more than I would have in an average day.

Read this on diet soda....keep up the water.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies