Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:20:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 143878 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 11:26:53 PM »

Hey, they are my kids and no one can say different.  Maisha considers me their father.

The law, moral right, their grandmother... OH, did you ask them to call you that?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 05:52:24 PM »

Hey, they are my kids and no one can say different.  Maisha considers me their father.

I don't know what entity "Maisha" is, but it's not the Kenyan Government or any subsidiary of it.  Unless of course you want to do some time in a Kenyan hoosegow.

Maisha is the name of the Orphanage where these children are fed and educated.

I believe that you believe that.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »

I don't know what entity "Maisha" is, but it's not the Kenyan Government or any subsidiary of it.  Unless of course you want to do some time in a Kenyan hoosegow.

Maisha is the name of the Orphanage where these children are fed and educated.

I believe that you believe that.

Um... I was there.  I saw it first hand.  Its not a matter whether I believe it or not, it is fact.

Um... not the name of the orphanage.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 08:27:25 PM »

I think the thread needs a flag and that picture is perfect.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 06:49:03 PM »

The thought of Bushie chafing in jeans has completely ruined my mood for lunch........OMG

Mood for anything frankly...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 10:01:45 PM »

One passage of Scripture that brought this sudden change on me today was actually a verse mentioned in passing on Sunday.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
New International Version (NIV)
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Who am I to desecrate God's temple or God's property?

God has convicted me over the past few days especially when this forum, though most are non-believers, have been saying this very same thing...

I think that's more accurate than you realise.

Plus... it's common sense... if you need to think God is telling you to do something, despite all of us 'non-believers' telling you the same thing... go ahead.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 07:38:27 PM »

What the hell is going on? I smell a cataclysmic cock-up...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 01:03:45 AM »

If they would offer $11.04 an hour for the same job at the Salt Lake City International Airport, a western Delta hub, I would jump on it without question.  For now, though, I think I am better off doing what I'm doing now.  I still want to talk to the recruiter, though.

I don't think someone like you should be presented with an alternative... stay away from temptation.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »

Lolz. I got 45 hours this week and this was actually my least worked week since Christmas.
We get it, BRTD...  you are a midget among dwarfs.
He's an overworked one at that. Not that he's alone in this category, but I strongly dislike America's new expectation of Dickensian working hours. Some of us would like to have some time to enjoy the money that we earn at work. My job recently disallowed overtime. I was mad at first, but having time to do things for myself has been rewarding as well.

I agree. Most days I'm in my office by 7:30, and try to bail out by 5. With having a work phone, I'm always on call...but still I'm glad I don't work later than I have to. I spent 2 years working two jobs, working almost 12-14 hours a day.. I'm done with that.

F*%! that... I'm a strict 9-5 person... there are certainly no expectations of running yourself ragged.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 11:01:45 PM »

Sales?!?!? you have to have figured out you're not cut out for that.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 12:31:54 AM »

At least something is happening in this tragedy now. Only 2 days after Bushie turns down another job to "wait and see what they will do," he gets canned. Of course, this is one of the reoccurring themes in this series. I applaud the writers for at least changing the topic off weather and Sizzler's steakhouse.

The thing is I'm not gone, yet.  I still have 6 1/2 weeks before I become a free agent.

Inks, to be honest, I don't believe this guy that there is a year guarantee.  I even have a tough time believing the $14.  That's why I want to get both in writing.  That's also why I am not going to put all my eggs in that basket.  I've got something else I'm going to check out tomorrow after work.

I have two places to go tomorrow, one being the Indian doctor in Utah so I can at least get my Indian health services transferred up here.

I do feel bad for taking off so much VTO, but there's nothing I can do about that now.

Going back to Oklahoma into my parents house is the absolute worst case scenario and last resort.  Moving to Oklahoma is my second-to-the-worst case scenario because I have the ability to pull my house off the market.  The cheapest scenario and the best case scenario and my desire is staying in Utah in this apartment and extending this lease.  I am very confident I'll have a job before February 8 when I need to make arrangements on where I go from here.  I will find something.  I am willing to give sales a shot if there is a manageable base salary attached.  Also, the possibility does exist, albeit very small, that the cut will be canceled.

You were warned... but the thing is... if you don't make a target of sales... won't you get canned anyway?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 05:18:30 AM »

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 05:30:59 PM »

No need to panic, sure. But an opportunity to give yourself a swift kick to the head and realise your constant mistakes, and what leads to them.

1. listening to your parents, who aren't necessarily as cluey as you think
2. Going into a job that you're totally unsuitable for

Maybe ask yourself... not God, not your parents, risk allowing your actual thoughts and feelings to come out... what am I actually good at? what do I enjoy doing? If those two are in conflict, always choose what you're good at. Especially in your situation.

How the hell will you be able to keep up your apartment for three months without work?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 05:47:04 PM »

I love how Bushie uses these sexual innuendoes like "I have a plan in my cooker" and "I have my antenna up, obviously referring to his penis and impregnating a lady. I also imagine him walking around with an antenna on his head and I start to laugh to myself.

Ah, so this is what you and Andrew do in your "video chats" eh?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 06:06:51 PM »

I love how Bushie uses these sexual innuendoes like "I have a plan in my cooker" and "I have my antenna up, obviously referring to his penis and impregnating a lady. I also imagine him walking around with an antenna on his head and I start to laugh to myself.

Ah, so this is what you and Andrew do in your "video chats" eh?

Jealous?

No! I mean.... Just...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 06:33:35 AM »

March 1 is the eve of my son's 9th birthday.  Felix will be 9 years old on March 2.

You have children?  When did you get married? 

Bushie thinks sending Kenyan children $30 a month makes him their father.

When I am their ONLY source of financial support.  Maisha Orphanage calls me their father.

This is just another thing you need help on. I sponsor a child, I don't think I'm his fricking father. I know you need a life, and you're reaching for something... but leave them alone. Your money is the most important thing you can give them.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 04:21:37 PM »

At least we're going back to the plot arc where he starts referring to himself as an African and that he's about to "go home to Africa."

He won't have a job waiting here, so he might as well go "home".

Well, to be fair, it's absurd that you apparently have to fear losing your job for taking a 10 day vacation in the States.

But that's the way it is, and it seems like he's going to need a new job every year if he insists on taking all this time off.

I agree... here, there chase people to make sure they take their leave and don't store it up. Largely because it becomes a large liability for companies if people don't.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 01:30:46 AM »

Poor thing, he desperately needs a life and a family... so he's trying to steal someone else's...
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies