Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:55:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141612 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: January 15, 2013, 05:19:53 PM »

I'm still at work, about to get off in 30 minutes.  Things are still very fluid and have a tendency to change.  They're still planning on beginning the layoffs on March 1, but the news today is that there is debate as to where the draw the line on cuts.  Right now, as of yesterday, my class which came in November 6 is on the line and they don't know if the cuts will reach my class or stop with the class that came in December 3.  Right now, nobody knows if my class will be cut or not.  We're pretty sure the September 24 class (the class preceding mine) is safe.  We're also pretty sure the December 3 (the class succeeding mine) is in jeopardy.  What happens, though, with my class, is the big question mark in the room.  I'm going to act as if my class will be cut, because I don't want to get to March 1 and become a free agent with nothing to fall back on.  On the other hand, I don't want to start over unnecessarily.  I'm already well established at Xerox and was on track to become permanent anytime between February and May where I might get a raise.  The calls the past two days indicate the pace is starting to pick up.  We're still slow, but the open slots for VTO are not as numerous.  Most days there have been 7-8 slots open for VTO.  Yesterday, there was no VTO.  Today, there were only 4 slots for VTO and nothing forced.  Things seem to be picking up which makes me think the March 1 cuts may be canceled altogether, because the last thing the company wants to do is cut half the staff on March 1 and then find themselves in a pickle and missing SLA and have to turn right around and hire more staff before April 1.  That's one reason why my class may or may not be safe.  They may not make that decision for a while until they can forecast March, April, and May traffic.  So, I'll talk to my parents, but there is a possibility I may be staying at Xerox long past March 1.  If I can, that would be the most ideal scenario.  I was going to go seek out another sales opportunity this afternoon, but I may go on home instead.

Giving up on the job hunt already? Yeah, this is going to end well...

I'm not giving up on the job hunt at all.  I'm still looking out here and have my antenna up.

I just talked to my parents again and I am going to look as hard as I can for anything out here through February 15.  I may still extend this apartment lease for another 3 months (April, May, June) even if I don't find a job.  They are not giving up on me in Utah right away.  There are contingency plans in place in case I do have to move back home, but right now, I've got 2 things in the cooker, plus the possibility that Xerox may be extended.  I am still very confident that I will be here in Utah for the long term, but I've got a safety net just in case.  I am going to keep looking for a job each afternoon and evening after work, and if one comes along that is a better opportunity than Xerox, I am going to jump on that, because the last thing I can afford is to reach March 1 and still get cut without a job to go to on March 4.  I'm really hoping for this job in Draper that I sought out last night, because that would give me $14 an hour after training with the potential to make $17-$18 an hour with commission.  The best thing I can do right now is not panic.  There is no reason to panic as I still have six weeks until the potential cut happens.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1551 on: January 15, 2013, 05:27:42 PM »

Bushie Takes Brooklyn - COMING THIS SUMMER
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1552 on: January 15, 2013, 05:30:59 PM »

No need to panic, sure. But an opportunity to give yourself a swift kick to the head and realise your constant mistakes, and what leads to them.

1. listening to your parents, who aren't necessarily as cluey as you think
2. Going into a job that you're totally unsuitable for

Maybe ask yourself... not God, not your parents, risk allowing your actual thoughts and feelings to come out... what am I actually good at? what do I enjoy doing? If those two are in conflict, always choose what you're good at. Especially in your situation.

How the hell will you be able to keep up your apartment for three months without work?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1553 on: January 15, 2013, 05:39:25 PM »

No need to panic, sure. But an opportunity to give yourself a swift kick to the head and realise your constant mistakes, and what leads to them.

Maybe ask yourself... not God, not your parents, risk allowing your actual thoughts and feelings to come out... what am I actually good at? what do I enjoy doing? If those two are in conflict, always choose what you're good at. Especially in your situation.

How the hell will you be able to keep up your apartment for three months without work?

Obviously that statement I made about keeping the apartment without a job is a little misleading.  That's assuming I can get rid of my house in Oklahoma by then so I'm not dealing with $850 in mortgage + utilities and $600 in rent.  That's hard enough to do as it is.  I wouldn't be able to keep my apartment up for three months without a job.  That's why I'm searching now for a job before March 1 gets here so I am not without a job.  My desire is to stay here in Utah and that is my parents desire for me, as well.  That statement about keeping the apartment is just a scenario and nothing more than a scenario.  It is not a plan by any stretch of the imagination.  It could turn into a plan, but its doubtful it will come to that, because I plan to have another job within the next 4 weeks.  I have to let my apartment know by February 15 if I plan to extend beyond the March 31 lease expiration.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1554 on: January 15, 2013, 05:43:54 PM »

I love how Bushie uses these sexual innuendoes like "I have a plan in my cooker" and "I have my antenna up, obviously referring to his penis and impregnating a lady. I also imagine him walking around with an antenna on his head and I start to laugh to myself.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1555 on: January 15, 2013, 05:47:04 PM »

I love how Bushie uses these sexual innuendoes like "I have a plan in my cooker" and "I have my antenna up, obviously referring to his penis and impregnating a lady. I also imagine him walking around with an antenna on his head and I start to laugh to myself.

Ah, so this is what you and Andrew do in your "video chats" eh?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1556 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »

Jealous?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1557 on: January 15, 2013, 06:06:05 PM »

Obviously that statement I made about keeping the apartment without a job is a little misleading.  That's assuming I can get rid of my house in Oklahoma by then so I'm not dealing with $850 in mortgage + utilities and $600 in rent.  That's hard enough to do as it is.  I wouldn't be able to keep my apartment up for three months without a job.  That's why I'm searching now for a job before March 1 gets here so I am not without a job.  My desire is to stay here in Utah and that is my parents desire for me, as well.  That statement about keeping the apartment is just a scenario and nothing more than a scenario.  It is not a plan by any stretch of the imagination.  It could turn into a plan, but its doubtful it will come to that, because I plan to have another job within the next 4 weeks.  I have to let my apartment know by February 15 if I plan to extend beyond the March 31 lease expiration.

Jeff, were you still at work when you posted this?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1558 on: January 15, 2013, 06:06:51 PM »

Jealous?

No! I mean.... Just...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1559 on: January 15, 2013, 06:26:38 PM »

What Andrew and I do on our Facetime chats are our business only. Please stay out of our private lives, Polnut. If you want in on it, just say so. Don't be so coy. Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1560 on: January 15, 2013, 06:32:03 PM »

Jeff, were you still at work when you posted this?

No, I get off work at 13:30, so I was home long before I posted this.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1561 on: January 15, 2013, 07:16:13 PM »

And this was posted from your work computer, correct?

I'm still at work, about to get off in 30 minutes.  Things are still very fluid and have a tendency to change.  They're still planning on beginning the layoffs on March 1, but the news today is that there is debate as to where the draw the line on cuts.  Right now, as of yesterday, my class which came in November 6 is on the line and they don't know if the cuts will reach my class or stop with the class that came in December 3.  Right now, nobody knows if my class will be cut or not.  We're pretty sure the September 24 class (the class preceding mine) is safe.  We're also pretty sure the December 3 (the class succeeding mine) is in jeopardy.  What happens, though, with my class, is the big question mark in the room.  I'm going to act as if my class will be cut, because I don't want to get to March 1 and become a free agent with nothing to fall back on.  On the other hand, I don't want to start over unnecessarily.  I'm already well established at Xerox and was on track to become permanent anytime between February and May where I might get a raise.  The calls the past two days indicate the pace is starting to pick up.  We're still slow, but the open slots for VTO are not as numerous.  Most days there have been 7-8 slots open for VTO.  Yesterday, there was no VTO.  Today, there were only 4 slots for VTO and nothing forced.  Things seem to be picking up which makes me think the March 1 cuts may be canceled altogether, because the last thing the company wants to do is cut half the staff on March 1 and then find themselves in a pickle and missing SLA and have to turn right around and hire more staff before April 1.  That's one reason why my class may or may not be safe.  They may not make that decision for a while until they can forecast March, April, and May traffic.  So, I'll talk to my parents, but there is a possibility I may be staying at Xerox long past March 1.  If I can, that would be the most ideal scenario.  I was going to go seek out another sales opportunity this afternoon, but I may go on home instead.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1562 on: January 15, 2013, 07:19:30 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2013, 07:24:06 PM by Schweitzer 2016 »

Correct

EDIT:  It was posted from work, but on my home/work laptop.  I occasionally take my personal laptop to work and use it as my work computer.  In case you are curious about the IP address postings of both posts, that is what happened.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1563 on: January 15, 2013, 07:21:16 PM »

Jeff.... you know I can see your IP address, right?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1564 on: January 15, 2013, 07:24:51 PM »

Yes, I Just realized that, that's why I edited my last comment.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1565 on: January 15, 2013, 07:27:34 PM »

Your IP address would still change...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1566 on: January 15, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »

WHOMP WHOMP!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1567 on: January 15, 2013, 07:34:13 PM »

Alright, alright, you caught me red handed.  I took off an hour early at 12:30 today for involuntary VTO as one of those 4 slots that were offered.  Since my shift ends at 1:30, I am usually the first to get let go during the day.  So, I was home at the 13:08 mark.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1568 on: January 15, 2013, 07:51:53 PM »

Anytime a job offers "potential" pay, an "opportunity" or is at a call center, Just Say No. Everytime.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1569 on: January 15, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »

I like that this show has picked up again. Bushie is losing his job, getting caught red handed in lies, sticking his antenna up...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1570 on: January 15, 2013, 08:09:12 PM »

Alright, folks, the job search is OVER!!!!!!  I just got a call from my boss about 10 minutes ago and I have been selected to cross train on another account.  What that means is my job at Xerox is SAFE!!!!!!!!  March 1 is just another day now.  I will be in training for the next 3 weeks from 8:00-4:30 beginning tomorrow.  What this will also do is eliminate VTO and get me back to a full 40 hours each week!!!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1571 on: January 15, 2013, 08:10:51 PM »

Alright, alright, you caught me red handed.  I took off an hour early at 12:30 today for involuntary VTO as one of those 4 slots that were offered.  Since my shift ends at 1:30, I am usually the first to get let go during the day.  So, I was home at the 13:08 mark.

I don't believe that someone who was at risk of having no income would voluntarily take a cut in his paycheck.  I don't think I caught you red handed taking a VTO.  I think I caught you red handed being unemployed.  Sorry, Jeff... I just don't buy that you actually still have a job.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1572 on: January 15, 2013, 08:13:52 PM »

I don't believe that someone who was at risk of having no income would voluntarily take a cut in his paycheck.  I don't think I caught you red handed taking a VTO.  I think I caught you red handed being unemployed.  Sorry, Jeff... I just don't buy that you actually still have a job.

It may seem that way, but after the call from my boss just 12 minutes ago, I not only have a job, but I have the same job and a secure job.  He said a few other people are also going to cross train and a few have been already cut of varying seniority.  Doubt all you want, but I will be going in at 8:00 am tomorrow morning!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1573 on: January 15, 2013, 08:15:02 PM »

Things should settle back down pretty quickly.  March 1 is just another day on the calendar now.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1574 on: January 15, 2013, 09:03:19 PM »

So why did you randomly lie about being at work, even without being asked about it?
And do your parents know you took a VTO today?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies