|           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 09, 2020, 10:00:35 am
News:
If you are having trouble logging in due to invalid user name / pass:

Consider resetting your account password, as you may have forgotten it over time if using a password manager.

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: Aunty Entity, TJ in Oregon, YE)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 80 Print
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 91513 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.77, S: -2.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: January 02, 2013, 05:32:06 pm »

Overtime got canceled today as we were extremely slow.  IBM required us to have 55 agents staffed from 7:00-11:00 am, but we were steady with 25-35 in available and 5-15 on calls.  There were times when we got down to 2 or 3 on calls.  My supervisor came to me today at 1:45 telling me my overtime has been canceled for today and told me to go on home.  This is what they call IVTO - Involuntary Time Off.  This time I wasn't given a choice.  So, instead of gaining 2 1/2 hours on my check, I ended up losing 45 minutes.  They are normally extremely busy the day after New Year's Day, but we're thinking its because there were so many fires this past summer that nobody could use their vacation and were cramming in their vacations.  Tomorrow could go either way.  It could be extremely slow or it could be extremely busy.  Right now, I'm still scheduled to work until 5:00 tomorrow, but we'll see what happens as tomorrow rolls along.  We've got a sneaking suspicion that Monday could be a nightmare, but then again, nobody knows.  I only took about 8 calls all day today.  I didn't request to leave, my supervisor told me to leave early.  He did that to other agents, as well.

Now don't you wish you hadn't gone home early before?

Indeed, I do wish I hadn't gone home early.  Although, I don't feel bad because every person I talked to said today would be extremely busy with no chance of a slow day based on years past.  Everybody was taken by surprise at how slow it was.  They probably would have sent us home earlier, but they were still unsure if it would stay slow or pick up.

Well, now you know better.  Plus, even if you would've stayed and had overtime, you'd have had even more money!  Remember how you always talked about how you want to donate to the Atlas but don't have money?  If you didn't take TVOs, you wouldn't have that problem. Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1151 on: January 02, 2013, 05:40:03 pm »

Overtime got canceled today as we were extremely slow.  IBM required us to have 55 agents staffed from 7:00-11:00 am, but we were steady with 25-35 in available and 5-15 on calls.  There were times when we got down to 2 or 3 on calls.  My supervisor came to me today at 1:45 telling me my overtime has been canceled for today and told me to go on home.  This is what they call IVTO - Involuntary Time Off.  This time I wasn't given a choice.  So, instead of gaining 2 1/2 hours on my check, I ended up losing 45 minutes.  They are normally extremely busy the day after New Year's Day, but we're thinking its because there were so many fires this past summer that nobody could use their vacation and were cramming in their vacations.  Tomorrow could go either way.  It could be extremely slow or it could be extremely busy.  Right now, I'm still scheduled to work until 5:00 tomorrow, but we'll see what happens as tomorrow rolls along.  We've got a sneaking suspicion that Monday could be a nightmare, but then again, nobody knows.  I only took about 8 calls all day today.  I didn't request to leave, my supervisor told me to leave early.  He did that to other agents, as well.

Now don't you wish you hadn't gone home early before?

Indeed, I do wish I hadn't gone home early.  Although, I don't feel bad because every person I talked to said today would be extremely busy with no chance of a slow day based on years past.  Everybody was taken by surprise at how slow it was.  They probably would have sent us home earlier, but they were still unsure if it would stay slow or pick up.

Well, now you know better.  Plus, even if you would've stayed and had overtime, you'd have had even more money!  Remember how you always talked about how you want to donate to the Atlas but don't have money?  If you didn't take TVOs, you wouldn't have that problem. Wink

I'll remember that next Christmas when it will be a very real possibility again.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Concerned Citizen

« Reply #1152 on: January 02, 2013, 05:44:13 pm »

We need to start bipartisan compromise.  We can't get Bushie to eat healthy, so eating better tasting unhealthy food seems like the next best solution.  At least that way he can enjoy the slow death.

I'd like to start the slow death diet with that burger, my friend.  Tongue

I second that, but add in a good beer, and a cigar.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1153 on: January 02, 2013, 05:45:38 pm »

We need to start bipartisan compromise.  We can't get Bushie to eat healthy, so eating better tasting unhealthy food seems like the next best solution.  At least that way he can enjoy the slow death.

If you add in a hotel room I'll join you for all 3. Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1154 on: January 02, 2013, 06:17:32 pm »

I just received a MAJOR BOMBSHELL in my Facebook Messages...

My ex-fiancee' has a daughter.  Her dad (my ex-fiancee's first ex-husband) has a brother-in-law that is MY COUSIN!!!!  My brother, who is an expert when it comes to genealogy pointed this out.  So, my ex-fiancee's daughter is MY COUSIN, albeit a little distant, but still we're related.  That means, my ex-fiancee' and I happen to be indirectly related.  You talk about a small world!  Its a good thing she and I never got married. Smiley
“Rub a dub dub” - Bob Dylan
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1155 on: January 02, 2013, 06:38:57 pm »

My ex-fiancee' has a daughter.  Her dad (my ex-fiancee's first ex-husband) has a brother-in-law that is MY COUSIN!!!!  My brother, who is an expert when it comes to genealogy pointed this out.  So, my ex-fiancee's daughter is MY COUSIN, albeit a little distant, but still we're related.  That means, my ex-fiancee' and I happen to be indirectly related.  You talk about a small world!  Its a good thing she and I never got married. Smiley
I am confused (or maybe just slow). If the daughter's dad has a brother-in-law that is your cousin, doesn't that just make your ex fiancee your 2nd (?) cousin, or is the father married to another woman is who is a cousin of your cousin?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1156 on: January 02, 2013, 06:50:36 pm »

I am confused (or maybe just slow). If the daughter's dad has a brother-in-law that is your cousin, doesn't that just make your ex fiancee your 2nd (?) cousin, or is the father married to another woman is who is a cousin of your cousin?

I've got a message into my brother to explain it to me, but the brother-in-law is married to the dad's sister.  So, from what I can figure out, I am related to my ex-fiancee'.  I'm not sure the level of relationship.  So, you could say, that unknowingly, my ex-fiancee' and me committed incest, since she took my virginity...  We had no idea at the time, though!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1157 on: January 02, 2013, 07:10:01 pm »

It's official...

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Concerned Citizen

« Reply #1158 on: January 02, 2013, 07:22:11 pm »

I've got a message into my brother to explain it to me, but the brother-in-law is married to the dad's sister.  So, from what I can figure out, I am related to my ex-fiancee'.  I'm not sure the level of relationship.  So, you could say, that unknowingly, my ex-fiancee' and me committed incest, since she took my virginity...  We had no idea at the time, though!

You sir, are a sinner.
Lief 🐋
Lief
Atlas Legend
Dominica

« Reply #1159 on: January 02, 2013, 07:33:53 pm »

I hope Bushie enjoys the eternity of hellfire he has brought upon himself.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -3.04

P

« Reply #1160 on: January 02, 2013, 07:58:11 pm »

I need to go on a diet too now that the holidays are over. Let's start one together, BushKE!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1161 on: January 02, 2013, 07:59:56 pm »

We need to start bipartisan compromise.  We can't get Bushie to eat healthy, so eating better tasting unhealthy food seems like the next best solution.  At least that way he can enjoy the slow death.

And a glass of whiskey or scotch.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1162 on: January 02, 2013, 08:01:32 pm »

Holy f**k.... finally this story has gone somewhere besides talking of overtime and the weather!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Concerned Citizen

« Reply #1163 on: January 02, 2013, 08:17:51 pm »

We need to start bipartisan compromise.  We can't get Bushie to eat healthy, so eating better tasting unhealthy food seems like the next best solution.  At least that way he can enjoy the slow death.

I like where you are going with this.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1164 on: January 02, 2013, 08:32:35 pm »

I always like where you go with things
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1165 on: January 02, 2013, 08:34:19 pm »

I'm not sure about whiskey or scotch, but I might take a little white wine.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1166 on: January 02, 2013, 08:36:36 pm »

Nonsense BushKE. White wine is for little southern sorority girls who want to get white girl wasted before going out to the bars.

We are men, and as men, we will drink whiskey and scotch either up or on the rocks.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1167 on: January 02, 2013, 08:38:12 pm »

Nonsense BushKE. White wine is for little southern sorority girls who want to get white girl wasted before going out to the bars.

We are men, and as men, we will drink whiskey and scotch either up or on the rocks.

Alright, no white wine, then I'll take some amber ale.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1168 on: January 02, 2013, 08:41:25 pm »

Listen man, you committed incest. The least you can do is have some scotch with Andrew and I. Don't get soft on me now!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1169 on: January 02, 2013, 08:42:35 pm »

Listen man, you committed incest. The least you can do is have some scotch with Andrew and I. Don't get soft on me now!

Fine then.  I'll have some Dr. Pepper on the rocks!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Concerned Citizen

« Reply #1170 on: January 02, 2013, 08:50:59 pm »

Come on, the dark side is pretty good. You can't make Andrew and I drink all that scotch by ourselves.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1171 on: January 02, 2013, 08:57:21 pm »

Come on, the dark side is pretty good. You can't make Andrew and I drink all that scotch by ourselves.

Alright, fine, you get some rum, I'll be on over!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1172 on: January 02, 2013, 08:59:15 pm »

Think I should turn up the heat a bit?  It is currently 11 degrees with a wind chill of -4.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1173 on: January 02, 2013, 09:25:00 pm »

Finally, a decent plot twist from the writers of this season.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1174 on: January 02, 2013, 10:17:37 pm »

I believe that my ex-fiancee's daughter is my third cousin once removed.  Her dad's brother-in-law is a grandson of a couple that is my grandfather's first cousin.  That would make the uncle's parent and my mother second cousins and the uncle and myself third cousins.  Since the daughter is a generation removed that adds in the once removed.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 80 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies