|           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 08, 2020, 09:32:09 pm
News:
If you are having trouble logging in due to invalid user name / pass:

Consider resetting your account password, as you may have forgotten it over time if using a password manager.

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: Aunty Entity, TJ in Oregon, YE)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 80 Print
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 91472 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: December 30, 2012, 03:22:45 pm »

Guys, what part of I will be working 5 hours Overtime Wednesday and Thursday do you not understand?
Kung Flu Grumps
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
China
« Reply #1051 on: December 30, 2012, 03:25:13 pm »

Guys, what part of I will be working 5 hours Overtime Wednesday and Thursday do you not understand?

What part of at 30 years old you're working less hours than most in their mid-50s and 60s?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1052 on: December 30, 2012, 03:30:30 pm »

Forty hours per week is a travesty anyway.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1053 on: December 30, 2012, 03:39:05 pm »

What part of at 30 years old you're working less hours than most in their mid-50s and 60s?

Its a slow holiday.  I haven't completely decided about tomorrow, and probably won't until I get there in the morning.  After tomorrow, there likely will not be any VTO offered again until Thanksgiving.  Plus, I'll be working a lot of overtime in January to make up for the time I've missed.  I plan to put in at least 43-45 hours a week starting January 7 until at least sometime in February.  They don't frown on VTO, but they also don't frown on OT, either.  Pretty much their policy, if you want overtime, you've got it, you just have to work the hours you commit to.  Wednesday is the only day that is mandatory 2 hours overtime for everybody who comes in before 7:00 am.  Thursday will likely just be like a busy Monday, but overtime is not mandatory, but is highly encouraged.  They hardly ever turn down overtime requests, except on Holidays or Thanksgiving Weekend or the last 2 weeks of December.  I plan to make good use of that overtime offer the next few weeks, possibly longer.  I'm also not going to overdo it because I do burn out and get very tired faster than most people.  I also have a tendency to faint when I get going too hard for too long.  That's been happening since High School when I was at a normal weight.  This is why I refuse to work a second job because I need my rest.  I may only be 30, but medically I need my rest, otherwise bad things can happen.  I can work overtime at the same job, I just can't work a ton of it and I can't work a second job.  I can do 45 hours a week, but 50 is pushing it, and  55+ hours is dangerous territory for me.
АverroŽs 🦉
AverroŽs Nix
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -2.10, S: 1.20

P P P
« Reply #1054 on: December 30, 2012, 03:50:27 pm »

The term 'zero marginal product worker' comes to mind.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.77, S: -2.09

« Reply #1055 on: December 30, 2012, 04:16:19 pm »

What does that have to do with you would be working 5 hours overtime, but you could've had more money had you not taken the VTO?  You voluntarily gave up money.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1056 on: December 30, 2012, 05:32:41 pm »

What does that have to do with you would be working 5 hours overtime, but you could've had more money had you not taken the VTO?  You voluntarily gave up money.

He doesn't see it that way, he's thinking he's working a regular week when he could have made regular pay plus 10 hours of OT which probably means hell be earnin less money.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

P

« Reply #1057 on: December 30, 2012, 05:37:21 pm »

Mmm I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, what's the chance they're just diverting calls from Bushie at this point? MasterJedi or BRTD, is this something is that done in call centres?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1058 on: December 30, 2012, 05:40:55 pm »

Mmm I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, what's the chance they're just diverting calls from Bushie at this point? MasterJedi or BRTD, is this something is that done in call centres?

It can be done, but when my coworkers don't get any calls (just 1 call spread over 20 agents between 6:00 and 8:15 am Friday), and they take VTO just as readily, if not even more so than I do, then its probably not that they're diverting calls from me.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1059 on: December 30, 2012, 05:41:36 pm »

Would depend on how his is run. In mine they can take you out of a queue to lower ones only but you can also tell which ones you are actually in.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1060 on: December 30, 2012, 05:43:31 pm »

It can be done, but when my coworkers don't get any calls (just 1 call spread over 20 agents between 6:00 and 8:15 am Friday), and they take VTO just as readily, if not even more so than I do, then its probably not that they're diverting calls from me.

Damn you're lazy. 1 call in 2.25 hours? I've been averaging about 80 calls a day the last few months.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

P

« Reply #1061 on: December 30, 2012, 05:47:13 pm »

Well then it means the whole office is fated to be chopped pretty soon. Or maybe it's the whole Christmas thing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1062 on: December 30, 2012, 05:55:51 pm »

Well then it means the whole office is fated to be chopped pretty soon. Or maybe it's the whole Christmas thing.

The US Forest Service was closed the last two weeks of the year.  We've gotten a few calls, but not many.  As slow as it was Thursday and Friday it will be that busy on Wednesday.  Not only are they requiring everyone who comes in at 7 or earlier to put in 2 hours overtime, but everyone who has Wednesday's off are required to come in from 7:00-11:00 am including graveyard shift workers.  Everybody will be there from 7:00-11:00 am Wednesday and woe to that soul who dares to call in sick.  They might as well be looking for another job.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1063 on: December 30, 2012, 05:57:59 pm »

woe to that soul who dares to call in sick.  They might as well be looking for another job.

Odds that Bushie calls in sick: 1.1:1.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1064 on: December 30, 2012, 06:02:57 pm »

woe to that soul who dares to call in sick.  They might as well be looking for another job.

What is the difference between fat chance and slim chance?

I am not calling in sick that day. Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1065 on: December 30, 2012, 06:10:23 pm »

What if it snows?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1066 on: December 30, 2012, 06:13:21 pm »

What if it snows?

If it snows, I'll get to work somehow.  Thankfully, there is no chance of snow this week.  Its just supposed to be cold and hazy.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1067 on: December 30, 2012, 06:17:33 pm »

What if it snows?

If it snows, I'll get to work somehow.  Thankfully, there is no chance of snow this week.  Its just supposed to be cold and hazy.

There is always a chance of snow. A popular saying in Wisconsin is "if you don't like the weather wait 5 min" which is really applicable.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1068 on: December 30, 2012, 06:23:30 pm »

What if it snows?

There is always a chance of snow. A popular saying in Wisconsin is "if you don't like the weather wait 5 min" which is really applicable.

That's the saying in most of the country, except in Oklahoma, we don't give it 5 minutes.  More like 5 seconds.

The weather forecast shows just cold and hazy conditions all week.
Kung Flu Grumps
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
China
« Reply #1069 on: December 30, 2012, 07:19:25 pm »

July 1st? If he's still there on Feb. 1st, I'll be surprised.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1070 on: December 30, 2012, 07:27:47 pm »

O ye of little faith...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1071 on: December 30, 2012, 07:57:45 pm »

How hard is it to get let go from a gov't contracting job? Before my dad had his complete breakdown that I discussed on tweed's psychiatric disability thread, he was working for the state of TN at a prison and was also pretty damn worthless. He could not be fired because he showed up for work on time and didn't do anything super crazy. They tried giving him no work to do whatsoever for many months, as that was the most "hostile" thing they could do to try to get rid of him. But he lasted a few more years. And now gets a defined pension for life. I need to get a gov't job!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1072 on: December 30, 2012, 08:12:53 pm »

How hard is it to get let go from a gov't contracting job? Before my dad had his complete breakdown that I discussed on tweed's psychiatric disability thread, he was working for the state of TN at a prison and was also pretty damn worthless. He could not be fired because he showed up for work on time and didn't do anything super crazy. They tried giving him no work to do whatsoever for many months, as that was the most "hostile" thing they could do to try to get rid of him. But he lasted a few more years. And now gets a defined pension for life. I need to get a gov't job!!!

Well, considering I'll be using my security clearance that I had at Dell...  It's not impossible, but its not real easy.  I prefer not to "test" it!
giving birth to thunder
BRTD
Atlas Institution
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

« Reply #1073 on: December 30, 2012, 09:11:43 pm »

Bushie if you're going to work OT it makes even less sense to take days off. That'll take you below 40 hours, and thus you lose 1.5x hours of pay for every hour you take off, not just one hour. I take days off all the time with my work's loophole-ridden attendance policies, but never when I'm working OT. That's why I called in last Friday (on the supposed Mayan apocalypse day) to use up my last remaining free off day (since they reset at the end of the year) instead of Saturday which would've given me a normal weekend and then Christmas off. Saturday is the first day of our work week, so it would've cost me in OT (I could backfill the pay since I still have PTO hours, but it wouldn't count toward OT.) As it is my week went Friday off, Saturday work, Sunday off, Monday work, Tuesday off, work four days. Weird, but it worked in terms of what I got paid. If I took Saturday off it wouldn't have been as good.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1074 on: December 31, 2012, 06:43:27 am »

I have decided I will still volunteer for VTO.  I have a few things here at the apartment I want to do before the New Year.  I hope to be back home before Noon.  Even if I do have to work all day, though, I'll still be home by 2:45, so I'll ask for VTO, but I won't be disappointed if I don't get it.  I should get it, though.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 80 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies