Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:13:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141661 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2012, 05:23:45 PM »

Bushie, how much do you actually make an hour/month pre-tax? It still seems you're being below market value for your job? I know I'm lucky enough that my company pays over market value (at least in the Milwaukee area) so we basically get around $18.31 an hour and get $3,000 a month pre-tax. Then again we also are expected to know and learn a LOT about insurance policies.

Before taxes, I make $12 an hour and $2,016 a month before taxes based on a 21 day month.

IDK about Utah but that is definitly low for here. I think the average is about $15 an hour for most of the calls centers in the Milwaukee area.

It is low for here, as well, and I could probably make more, but I don't exactly feel like starting over and over again.

Weren't you just talking about the fact that you don't regret quitting like 7 jobs right in a row?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »

Bushie, how much do you actually make an hour/month pre-tax? It still seems you're being below market value for your job? I know I'm lucky enough that my company pays over market value (at least in the Milwaukee area) so we basically get around $18.31 an hour and get $3,000 a month pre-tax. Then again we also are expected to know and learn a LOT about insurance policies.

Before taxes, I make $12 an hour and $2,016 a month before taxes based on a 21 day month.

IDK about Utah but that is definitly low for here. I think the average is about $15 an hour for most of the calls centers in the Milwaukee area.

It is low for here, as well, and I could probably make more, but I don't exactly feel like starting over and over again.

Weren't you just talking about the fact that you don't regret quitting like 7 jobs right in a row?

Regretting something and not wanting to repeat the same mistakes are two different things.

OK, but you HAVE repeated that mistake.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »

Alright, Jeff, I'll bet you $20 that you don't have this job by July 1st.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2012, 05:45:41 PM »

Alright, Jeff, I'll bet you $20 that you don't have this job by July 1st.

I don't bet money.

If you have this job on July 1st, I will send you $20.  And I truly hope you do keep the job.  You can't keep hopping from job to job.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2012, 06:03:11 PM »

It's the best I can do to offer a positive incentive (since negative incentives clearly didn't work before).  If I could send him more, I would, because I genuinely want to see him do well.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »

How's the weight loss coming?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2012, 03:16:01 PM »

We'll often ask people to go home early, and after 4 hours, we can send them home if we don't need them.  In my 7 years, I have asked to go home early once (I had a big paper due the next day).

Jeff, you're lazy.  How can you expect to adopt 2 kids if you don't have the discipline to stay at work a whole day?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2012, 04:16:19 PM »

Guys, what part of I will be working 5 hours Overtime Wednesday and Thursday do you not understand?

What does that have to do with you would be working 5 hours overtime, but you could've had more money had you not taken the VTO?  You voluntarily gave up money.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2012, 05:04:51 PM »

I've gotta agree with Bushie on this one. Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2012, 05:43:57 PM »

Someone posted this on Facebook, and it instantly reminded me of Bushie:

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2013, 07:21:06 PM »

You are aware that weighing yourself day by day won't do you any good? Right?

Start measuring yourself once a week and maybe weigh yourself once a fortnight. Yet again, your capacity for self-sabotage is easily visible.

He of all people needs to do it daily.  Once he slips out of that routine, he'll never get back into it.  He needs to weigh himself and write it down but not obsess over it... it's a conundrum considering he can't do something without obsessing over it, yet he won't do something unless it's part of a consistent pattern (and based on his past, I don't think weekly is enough to be good for a pattern).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »

I know only one other person who gets to work 40 minutes early, and she drives us all nuts...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2013, 07:52:38 PM »

You are aware that weighing yourself day by day won't do you any good? Right?

Start measuring yourself once a week and maybe weigh yourself once a fortnight. Yet again, your capacity for self-sabotage is easily visible.

He of all people needs to do it daily.  Once he slips out of that routine, he'll never get back into it.  He needs to weigh himself and write it down but not obsess over it... it's a conundrum considering he can't do something without obsessing over it, yet he won't do something unless it's part of a consistent pattern (and based on his past, I don't think weekly is enough to be good for a pattern).

I will be weighing every day and tracking it.  I'm the type of person that HAS to know every day otherwise I get very antsy and am very liable to quit.

____

I have to clock in 12 1/2 hours from now at 6:00 am. I want to be at work by 5:20 so I can get things ready and make sure I'm ready to go at 6:00 am. This means I want to be awake by 4:00. I will definitely need my sleep tonight as I will be embarking on two 11-hour days. I've done it before, but not since last Spring. So, with that said, I'm going to go to bed no later than 8:00 pm tonight - 2 1/2 hours from now. I really am looking forward to the next three days. 11 hour days tomorrow and Thursday and a normal 8 1/2 hour day on Friday.

Jesus, dude man the fyck up......you're not going to die working real-life hours

How am I being childish?  I'm just saying what I'm going to do.  You must have missed the part where I've said "I've done it before".  Give me a break.  Stop criticizing me at every turn.

You're acting like you have to prepare for an 11-hour day.  11-hour days are not hard.  I've worked 22 days straight, with at least 4 of those being over 12-hour days and I survived.  You're talking about getting to work 40 minutes early, and " I will definitely need my sleep tonight".  You're making it sound overly dramatic.  How do you have to get up 2 hours early for work?  I wake up an hour before I work, and it takes 20 minutes to drive there plus 15 minutes to walk from the parking lot to the office, so what's taking up this 2 hours of time?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2013, 07:54:44 PM »

I know only one other person who gets to work 40 minutes early, and she drives us all nuts...

How so? Where do you work?

She's overly obsessive, orders way too much product in order to not run out (and I mean WAY too much), posts on Facebook about how hard she works, when she really doesn't work that hard, and tends to complain a lot.  She also gets there insanely early and none of us understand why.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2013, 07:55:33 PM »

Normally, I wouldn't get there until 5:45, but they are giving me my permanent desk tomorrow, as well, and I want to get that and get my computer set up before I clock in at 6:00.  Our systems are not the fastest in the west.  We run Windows XP on old Dell computers, which is what the Forest Service runs, as well.

How long have you been there?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »

Employers don't like when you come in that early. You make yourself a liability if anything happens and you could also try and claim you were working and deserve pay. So they're not going to be happy when you show up tomorrow.

They know we have slow systems and it takes time to get all our systems up and running.  Plus, getting a brand new desk might take some time, as well.  40 minutes early is not extremely early by any stretch of the imagination.

So you don't normally come in earlier than 15 minutes early?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »

Employers don't like when you come in that early. You make yourself a liability if anything happens and you could also try and claim you were working and deserve pay. So they're not going to be happy when you show up tomorrow.

They know we have slow systems and it takes time to get all our systems up and running.  Plus, getting a brand new desk might take some time, as well.  40 minutes early is not extremely early by any stretch of the imagination.

So you don't normally come in earlier than 15 minutes early?

15-20 minutes early 4 days a week.  Its the slowest when I shut the computer down over night, and I do that every Friday night.  So, Monday mornings I would normally go in 30 minutes early, and the next 4 days maybe 20 minutes early.

So, it changed from 15 minutes to 15-20 minutes to 30 minutes on Mondays and 20 minutes on every other day.  So the 15 minutes was a lie?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2013, 08:20:31 PM »

It really takes your computer 30 minutes to start up after shut down over the weekend?  How on earth could you use it to provide tech support if it's that slow?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2013, 08:27:02 PM »

It really takes your computer 30 minutes to start up after shut down over the weekend?  How on earth could you use it to provide tech support if it's that slow?

Part of that 30 is spent going to the restroom and getting a Diet Dr. Pepper first thing to lubricate my throat.  So, maybe 20 minutes is spent getting the computer ready on Monday's, and about 5-8 minutes is spent the rest of the week.

It takes you 10 minutes to pee and get a pop?  Pee at home and bring a drink from home... it'd save money.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »

How so? Where do you work?

She's overly obsessive, orders way too much product in order to not run out (and I mean WAY too much), posts on Facebook about how hard she works, when she really doesn't work that hard, and tends to complain a lot.  She also gets there insanely early and none of us understand why.

Sounds like Bushie. What is your field?

Food service management.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2013, 12:58:23 AM »

Hey, I've got a routine and it works.  There is a saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!".  My routine isn't broken, so there's no need to fix it!

400 pages of threads begs to differ with your premise.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2013, 01:00:23 AM »

Its not health food, but it is better than regular, calorie-laden pop.  Plus, just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean I should totally shun pop.  I refuse to drink only water.  I need to increase my water intake, but I refuse to switch totally to water.

Jeff, I was one of the worst with pop, but I've been pop-free since June.  I had switched to lemonade, but then with exams, I didn't go out and get more - I just stayed in and studied, and I've been drinking water for the past month+ (plus, the medication I'm on makes me thirsty, so I've been drinking a lot of water).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »

Overtime got canceled today as we were extremely slow.  IBM required us to have 55 agents staffed from 7:00-11:00 am, but we were steady with 25-35 in available and 5-15 on calls.  There were times when we got down to 2 or 3 on calls.  My supervisor came to me today at 1:45 telling me my overtime has been canceled for today and told me to go on home.  This is what they call IVTO - Involuntary Time Off.  This time I wasn't given a choice.  So, instead of gaining 2 1/2 hours on my check, I ended up losing 45 minutes.  They are normally extremely busy the day after New Year's Day, but we're thinking its because there were so many fires this past summer that nobody could use their vacation and were cramming in their vacations.  Tomorrow could go either way.  It could be extremely slow or it could be extremely busy.  Right now, I'm still scheduled to work until 5:00 tomorrow, but we'll see what happens as tomorrow rolls along.  We've got a sneaking suspicion that Monday could be a nightmare, but then again, nobody knows.  I only took about 8 calls all day today.  I didn't request to leave, my supervisor told me to leave early.  He did that to other agents, as well.

Now don't you wish you hadn't gone home early before?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2013, 05:32:06 PM »

Overtime got canceled today as we were extremely slow.  IBM required us to have 55 agents staffed from 7:00-11:00 am, but we were steady with 25-35 in available and 5-15 on calls.  There were times when we got down to 2 or 3 on calls.  My supervisor came to me today at 1:45 telling me my overtime has been canceled for today and told me to go on home.  This is what they call IVTO - Involuntary Time Off.  This time I wasn't given a choice.  So, instead of gaining 2 1/2 hours on my check, I ended up losing 45 minutes.  They are normally extremely busy the day after New Year's Day, but we're thinking its because there were so many fires this past summer that nobody could use their vacation and were cramming in their vacations.  Tomorrow could go either way.  It could be extremely slow or it could be extremely busy.  Right now, I'm still scheduled to work until 5:00 tomorrow, but we'll see what happens as tomorrow rolls along.  We've got a sneaking suspicion that Monday could be a nightmare, but then again, nobody knows.  I only took about 8 calls all day today.  I didn't request to leave, my supervisor told me to leave early.  He did that to other agents, as well.

Now don't you wish you hadn't gone home early before?

Indeed, I do wish I hadn't gone home early.  Although, I don't feel bad because every person I talked to said today would be extremely busy with no chance of a slow day based on years past.  Everybody was taken by surprise at how slow it was.  They probably would have sent us home earlier, but they were still unsure if it would stay slow or pick up.

Well, now you know better.  Plus, even if you would've stayed and had overtime, you'd have had even more money!  Remember how you always talked about how you want to donate to the Atlas but don't have money?  If you didn't take TVOs, you wouldn't have that problem. Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2013, 05:45:38 PM »

We need to start bipartisan compromise.  We can't get Bushie to eat healthy, so eating better tasting unhealthy food seems like the next best solution.  At least that way he can enjoy the slow death.

I'd like to start the slow death diet with that burger, my friend.  Tongue

I second that, but add in a good beer, and a cigar.

If you add in a hotel room I'll join you for all 3. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies