The War Room (1992).

(1/1)

Moooooo:
I picked up the DVD at the mall the other day and it is actually a pretty good documentary.  The 1992 race was alot closer and tougher than I thought.  I always assumed Clinton just came in and walked away with it from the beginning.  Have any of you guys seen it?  What do you think?

*I have a kinda' dumb question maybe one of you could answer for me.  Lets say you want to get involved with campaigns and do it for a living.  What college major would fit that field of work the best?  Political Science or some type of management? (I ask because Im a MIS major and its to late to change, lol).  Is it best to just start off as a volunteer and than work your way up to getting paid?  Ill probably never be smart enough to be a lead campaign manager, but to work on a campaign somewhere close to the top seems like it would be an awesome job.

12th Doctor:
As I poli sci major, I have seen The War Room dozens of times, as it is seen as the best teaching tool for showing how a modern campaign is really run.

The answer to your question is that both poli sci and managment are good fields. You can acctually get a masters in Political Managment (not exactly called that, but something like it).

And, yes, the 1992 election was a lot closer than people think.  If Clinton had run an ordinary campaign, like Bush did, he probably would have lost.

P.S. I like The War Room quite a bit.  After I learned to get over the fact that it was Clinton and Co. I learned to enjoy it.

Moooooo:
Quote from: Senator Supersoulty on February 01, 2005, 12:04:46 PM

As I poli sci major, I have seen The War Room dozens of times, as it is seen as the best teaching tool for showing how a modern campaign is really run.

The answer to your question is that both poli sci and managment are good fields. You can acctually get a masters in Political Managment (not exactly called that, but something like it).

And, yes, the 1992 election was a lot closer than people think.  If Clinton had run an ordinary campaign, like Bush did, he probably would have lost.

P.S. I like The War Room quite a bit.  After I learned to get over the fact that it was Clinton and Co. I learned to enjoy it.

Thanks, for the info.  Hey I got a couple other questions that maybe you could answer for me.  Ill be a junior in college next year and I am Management of Information Systems major.  Its to late for me to change majors.  My parents already bitch that Im not going to be a senior next year like I should be.  So, switching majors isnt really an option.  Anyways, will being a Management of Information System major hurt my chances of getting into the field?  Is it best to start out as a volunteer and build a social network and than seek an actual job in the field?  Do you plan on working on campaigns?

12th Doctor:
Quote from: nickshepDEM on February 01, 2005, 12:31:51 PM

Quote from: Senator Supersoulty on February 01, 2005, 12:04:46 PM

Thanx, for the info.  Hey I got a couple other questions that maybe you could answer for me.  Ill be a junior in college next year and I am Management of Information Systems major.  Its to late for me to change majors.  My parents already bitch that Im not going to be a senior nexty year like I should be. Anyways, Will being a Management of Information System major hurt my chances of getting into the field?  Is it best to start out as a volunteer and build a social network and than seek an actual job in the field?  Do you plan on working on campaigns?

You always want to start out as a volunteer.  That is how you come to be a known quantity.  Start out small.  Intern, if you can. 

I plan on interning for Rick Santorum this summer.  Hopefully, I can use that as a springboard to get a good slot for his '06 campaign.  If that doesn't pan out, I will go to Ohio and hunker down until the '08 campaign.

I'm also going to work for one of the Erie mayoral candidates for '05, but I haven't decided which one yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index