OH-PPP: Obama 51%, Romney 46%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:00:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OH-PPP: Obama 51%, Romney 46%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: OH-PPP: Obama 51%, Romney 46%  (Read 5799 times)
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2012, 12:48:58 AM »

Looks like we're in store for some gems from this new idiot poster!
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2012, 01:04:43 AM »

I guess I might as well make it a point to point out all of the irregularities I can forward, see it's crap like this that irritates me.  I'm an idiot?  Nice, can't discuss the metrics of the polls, or methodology, or any other points I brought up, so you let your insecurity get the best of you and act like youre a child?

Pathetic.  
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 01:25:54 AM »

PPP is run by Democrats. They don't try to hide that fact. They're employed to conduct private polls by many Democratic campaigns and left-leaning organizations. But their polls are historically reliable and accurate. And asking questions like you're objecting to after they've asked all the horse race and favorability questions doesn't impact the quality of the poll at all. PPP has always put funny questions on the end of their polls. They often ask which sports team the respondent supports and stuff like that. But as long as all of that is after the main questions, it does not impact the quality of the poll at all.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2012, 04:37:45 AM »

This poll is positively lethal to the Republican narrative this week, so the Republican pundits are in full push-back mode. I'm hoping this is too arcane an issue to lead to death threats against PPP staffers.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2012, 05:47:14 AM »

Slight Democratic lean.  I think it is closer. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2012, 06:10:42 AM »

Milton Friedman is spending his afterlife trolling the Atlas forum? Sad How the mighty have fallen.

Nah, Friedman was always a cock.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2012, 06:12:11 AM »

Not even.  I cruised this board last election

kinky
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2012, 07:05:27 AM »

And the OHIO firewall kicks in.  Can't believe I just typed that for a Democratic candidate.  Good luck in Wisconsin, Mitt. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »

But what percentage of the 'early vote' is African American?
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2012, 09:33:55 AM »

Whichever adviser told BHO to throw everything + the kitchen sink at Ohio over the summer will be rewarded after the re-inauguration, i'm sure.
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2012, 09:45:49 AM »

Only in posting.  I've been reading for quite awhile this year and last election, just sick of the incredible biase in some of these lib polls.  Yes there are conservative polls and *Gasp* there are liberal polls.  You guys act like the liberal polls are less skewed or biased than the conservatives this time around and they most certainly are not.  I've read all your arguments and most of them don't hold water.  You guys poo poo anyone who questions samples or points out incredible biase and then if a poll comes out that contradicts these heavily enriched ones you say their not credible blah blah blah....

Before the debate you guys thought the election was over, when in reality it was probably obama +1 at best  not counting for enthusiasm.  How on earth you libs can think 2010 turnout doesn't matter and 2008 turnout will be closer to 2012 turnout fries my brain.  It's like you guys are living in an alternate universe where the economy is great, the majority of american actually wants obamacare, the middle east isn't on fire and the president doesn't have multiple scandals going on (F&F, Benghazi)...... I mean you really can't see what's going on.  Amazing.     

It is hilarious. Most of those with red avatars must not remember their old posts or can't find how to look up histories of posts. Polls can't be junk one day for over sampling and then great the next no complaints at all and then  argued as being junk the next day for a slightly different breakdown that doesn't net the numbers you want. Couple that with the overwhelming majority of posters on this board that are dem leaning and you have an echo chamber in the making. All polls regardless of polling outfit are more art than fact.

Take them all with a grain (or box) of salt. Earlier this year an election was held in my home province: polls consistently showed one party ahead by large margins, on election day the polls were off by huge margins and the predicted winner instead of getting the 40-some seats the polls showed they only got 17. It's junk, nobody knows exactly what the electorate will be on nov 6 and everything until then is just a guess.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2012, 10:03:40 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2012, 10:27:09 AM by Cliffy »

As far as push poll, I get what you're saying.  I should have been more clear and misspoke, PPP is not pushing to get a poll result necessarily but they are pushing a liberal narrative on people almost trying to indoctrinate, it's like a mini democratic infommercial inside there.

You guys crack me up, it's pointed out how erroneous this poll is with the early voting piece and you accept it as gospel that woohoo we're safe in Ohio.

This has Obama increasing his lead, while losing blacks by 10%,  the party defections are way off, more Dems will turn out than in 08???  PPP found Ohio 10% more liberal than the rest of the nation or right on track with NY, right... Since the debate Romney has become less popular, Gop enthusiam has fallen (yeah...look at the rallies) and a higher % of Democrats are going to vote than republicans....

It took 3 skewed liberal polls to show a 1.7 RCP, wow what a success you guys are winning!!!!

This poll is so full of fail.  In 08 PPP was pretty decent, what's hapened since, how did he do in 2010 or Wisconsin??? Oh yeah in 08 they weren't a KOS kids poll, enjoy kids.  

Lol, we'll see.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »

PPP is run by Democrats. They don't try to hide that fact. They're employed to conduct private polls by many Democratic campaigns and left-leaning organizations. But their polls are historically reliable and accurate. And asking questions like you're objecting to after they've asked all the horse race and favorability questions doesn't impact the quality of the poll at all. PPP has always put funny questions on the end of their polls. They often ask which sports team the respondent supports and stuff like that. But as long as all of that is after the main questions, it does not impact the quality of the poll at all.

Yes -- and even the funky questions such as sports allegiance have their intended purposes. If some politician or public figure has an approval rating in the teens, then maybe one can calibrate the level of contempt by asking what people think of ... let's say flies or Fidel Castro. Significantly the questions of sports allegiance say much about the origins of voters. People in North Carolina who are fans of the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, Detroit Tigers, Philadelphia Phillies, or San Francisco Giants almost certainly did not grow up in North Carolina. Such people would be from "d@mnyankee" country and likely to carry other cultural values with them. In 2008 I found it shocking that North Carolina, home of the trogdolytic pol Jesse Helms  could vote for Barack Obama while other firm Southern States were rejecting President Obama by huge numbers. But as in Florida and Virginia, many of the voters were d@mnyankees who have comparatively liberal attitudes on religion, sex, and economics.       
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2012, 11:01:53 AM »

Welp, this Cliffy guy has potential.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2012, 07:04:28 PM »

Like after the debate how PPP was asking about PBS and Big Bird questions? They consistently ask questions that are liberally biased, go back and read their polls.  They are a liberal ragster.

here's another where PPP goes on and on about his 47 remark explaining it in detail, they've also consistently pushed about his taxes.  They are a joke.

Q10 Mitt Romney recently said, “There are 47
percent of the people who will vote for the
president no matter what. All right? There are
47 percent who are with him, who are
dependent upon government, who believe that
they are victims, who believe the government
has a responsibility to care for them, who
believe that they are entitled to health care, to
food, to housing, to you-name-it, that that's an
entitlement. And the government should give it
to them. And they will vote for this president no
matter what.... These are people who pay no
income tax." Do you think Romney’s

You don't understand what a push poll is. It these questions are asked before the question asking how they are voting, then that is considered a push poll.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2012, 07:06:51 PM »

No I get it.  That's why I corrected myself, it pushes propaganda, wasn't saying it in the literal sense of pushing to drive a result in this poll, they are pushing their liberal agenda to drive a result in the election though. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2012, 07:42:58 PM »

This state will be like mccains Pennsylvania. Romney will dump all he has into it and still lose it most likely.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2012, 10:29:55 PM »

More info to discredit this poll, 4.4% early voting in reality according to GMU.

http://elections.gmu.edu/early_vote_2012.html
ajb
United States

« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2012, 10:39:41 PM »

More info to discredit this poll, 4.4% early voting in reality according to GMU.

In reality, that webpage at GMU does not say that 4.4% has voted early in OH. Follow the asterix.

* Ohio total 2012 early vote is a combination of available county reports listed here plus a Ohio Secretary of State report of in-person early voting only as of Friday, Oct. 5. Many county reports are not current. (Note that as of Sunday afternoon I am shy of updating nine counties because I no longer can connect to the data servers. I will try again later). The true number of voters is therefore higher than what I can verify through available data.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2012, 12:44:17 AM »

2004 Ohio Exit Polls
Liberal 19%
Moderate 47%
Conservative 34%

2008 Ohio Exit Polls
Liberal 20%
Moderate 45%
Conservative 35%

This Poll
Liberal 29%
Moderate 29%
Conservative 42%

srry dis poll is wrong.  too Many conservatives and libruls  here are my numbers thank you pls scrubscribe to my blog

Obama 51.25
Romney 46.32

oh wait My numbers are the Same as the fake numbers neverrmind

still pls add Me On Facebook and join mailing lists
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2012, 01:57:07 AM »

In reality, that webpage at GMU does not say that 4.4% has voted early in OH. Follow the asterix.

* Ohio total 2012 early vote is a combination of available county reports listed here plus a Ohio Secretary of State report of in-person early voting only as of Friday, Oct. 5. Many county reports are not current. (Note that as of Sunday afternoon I am shy of updating nine counties because I no longer can connect to the data servers. I will try again later). The true number of voters is therefore higher than what I can verify through available data.
You know that he stopped reading as soon as he got those two words into your point, right?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2012, 07:48:55 AM »

2004 Ohio Exit Polls
Liberal 19%
Moderate 47%
Conservative 34%

2008 Ohio Exit Polls
Liberal 20%
Moderate 45%
Conservative 35%

This Poll
Liberal 29%
Moderate 29%
Conservative 42%

srry dis poll is wrong.  too Many conservatives and libruls  here are my numbers thank you pls scrubscribe to my blog

Obama 51.25
Romney 46.32

Are you for real ? Or on meth ?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2012, 08:40:35 AM »

The numbers of Cuyahoga County are correct per the county website. Absentee ballots returned as of 10/12 is 25442 out of 667299 votes cast in 2008.

http://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_boe/en-US/2012/AbsenteeVoterbyCityReport11062012.pdf
ajb
United States

« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2012, 09:34:21 AM »

The numbers of Cuyahoga County are correct per the county website. Absentee ballots returned as of 10/12 is 25442 out of 667299 votes cast in 2008.

http://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_boe/en-US/2012/AbsenteeVoterbyCityReport11062012.pdf
Plus 11 278 early votes. That's up from 9643 by this point in 2008, although at this point there had been 13 days of early voting, and this year there have been only 8.

http://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_boe/en-US/2012/2008_2012InHouseVotingDailyComparison.pdf

If somebody wants to go through every county website in Ohio, to check to see whether the numbers listed at that GMU page are for absentee ballots only, or for both absentee and early voting, and can confirm how up-to-date those numbers are, be my guest. Until someone does that, we have a pretty hazy sense of how many people have already voted in Ohio...
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2012, 03:14:21 PM »

2004 Ohio Exit Polls
Liberal 19%
Moderate 47%
Conservative 34%

2008 Ohio Exit Polls
Liberal 20%
Moderate 45%
Conservative 35%

This Poll
Liberal 29%
Moderate 29%
Conservative 42%

Obama 51.25
Romney 46.32

Are you for real ? Or on meth ?
He does weirdly seem to fade in and out. Sometimes it all makes sense. Sometimes...it's.....this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies