In your mind, which concept is more important?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:49:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  In your mind, which concept is more important?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Assuming the two ever directly conflict, which of the two is more important to you/takes precedent?
Capitalism (D)

Democracy (D)

Capitalism (R)

Democracy (R)

Capitalism (L)

Democracy (L)

Capitalism (I/O)

Democracy (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: In your mind, which concept is more important?  (Read 1984 times)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 05:14:57 AM »

Better? Tongue
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2012, 08:55:38 AM »

i suppose democracy might be useful at times. what iceland did in terms of their recent revolution was admittedly, a good case of democracy in action. on the whole though mass 'democracy' is undesirable in my view. it presumes equality as a virtue, as an end in itself. it does not attempt to elevate the people or encourage them to work towards the nation. at best it panders to their desires. at worst the pretense of 'democracy' gives people a false sense of choice and value.

again as i've said i want a kind of traditionalist model for society.basically a benign aristocracy of sorts based around service to community and achievement. soldiers could get several 'votes' for example. i believe in 'patriarchal social conservatism' in general and strong nationalism. i view these values as incompatible with modern central banking, globalization and neoliberalism in general. capitalism by its nature commodifies people. it ignores values like loyalty to your people, family or much of anything else. it encourages the breakdown of borders and culture in pursuit of cheap labor and profit at all costs. it encourages vices like usury and gluttony, appealing to our most base impulses through advertising and 'public relations.'

unsurprisingly then i support heavy state intervention in the sense of tariffs, nationalization of certain industries (e.g. oil, healthcare, finance) and a ban on at least certain advertising (e.g. child marketing). such things can make nations strong, proud, and independent in my view. welfare is necessary, if not for moral reasons then pragmatic ones as gross disparities in opportunity breed resentment and the threat of marxism or worse taking root. with that said the welfare state's negative effects need to be mitigated in certain ways so as not to make the nation too soft and 'entitled.' perhaps national service coupled with citizens dividend - everyone gets money but those that work still make more - would help.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 01:28:17 PM »

Democracy (D).
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2012, 06:58:32 PM »

I'd like to add a new option: I Have No Idea (R).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies