Poirot for Senate(s) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:43:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54353 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« on: August 17, 2020, 11:03:04 AM »

Endorsed for 2nd highest pref after me. Success, my friend!
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 08:10:40 AM »

some 3rd prefs too. You're a good person Poirot. We all greatly appreciate your dedication to the game.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 05:44:24 PM »

Endorsed.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 02:32:12 AM »

Thank you Poirot for running. I'm sorry that there was no win. I think there were simply too many candidates, while the draft Poirot campaign for Lincoln has failed due to the late entry of another candidate.

I wish you the best of luck.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 05:46:55 PM »

Good luck with your campaign. You're right in that the race should be contested.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2023, 09:16:44 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2023, 09:20:30 PM by Laki 🇧🇪❤️🇸🇪 »

In Nyman

The Senate wants to build a new capitol district. I think that is a bad allocation of a big amount of money. It will benefit engineering firms, construction companies and building firms. It will not help the average citizen. It will not help families having to deal with inflation, it will not help the homeless, it will not help improve the living conditions of the elderly or fight children's poverty. Think about all the helpful things we could do with the money allocated to build a new capitol district. And it's not good for the region of Nyman. There could be job losses, less economic activity and taxes collected in the region.

Vote for better priorities. People before buildings. Vote Poirot.

One word: "jobs".

It isn't like that gnomes will be hired to do all the work during nighttime. And creating jobs is a good way of lifting people out of poverty and make them less reliant on a government with a strained budget.

Secondly, for safety reasons this move is the best. Also this will massively help the dairy states their development, and help rural communities in Atlasia flourish due to the (central) location. We cannot neglect our infrastructure. The new location is a great location that fits for the game, adds to worldbuilding and I really believe all of Atlasia will benefit massively from this.

A part of the investment will pay itself out. Creating new jobs is a good way of helping the homeless and improving living conditions, in particular since you don't need a college degree to work in several sectors of the construction business.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies