Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:12:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54317 times)
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: October 17, 2020, 08:48:24 PM »

Endorsed!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #626 on: October 17, 2020, 10:04:05 PM »

This is my October 2020 House logo. It has the same three hats as the Senate logo but in different order. One is the party chair hat, the other two are for Senate and House but don't know which yet. Also contains the obligatory house.

The campaign song is Burning down the house by Talking Heads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eC35LoF4U

I'm in contact with many people for NPC elections all across the country and when I campaign for other candidates I remind voters from all regions I am running for House.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #627 on: October 20, 2020, 07:11:26 PM »

I was in Montana for a speech. It applies to me as a Liberal candidate. You get the best of both worlds, between the two big parties, left and right. You can vote for me for both worlds, House and Senate.

I'm in Helena, Montana. That's why the official song is from Helena Montana...., oh it's from Hannah Montana, close enough. The song is The best of both worlds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjRe8QXFHY&list=PLhOfS6eHVkncZSbJtSWdFelJi9IqOUN

Montana has mountains in the west and plains in the east, the best of both worlds. The Liberal party is the best of both worlds. Some people want you to choose one of two caricatural ideological poles. I'm telling you voters, you don't have to. There are more nuances, different opinions on different topics. The Liberal party is open to a diversity of opinions, it's not a tool of ideological purity. As voters, I invite you to consider the candidates of our party, big tent party. I am sure you will be pleased. The Liberal party is the best of both worlds.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #628 on: October 22, 2020, 09:33:43 PM »

I was in Vermont to campaign for state party candidates and myself. Lincoln Senate and House elections are October 23-24-25. Don't forget to vote. Here is today's speech:

I'm in Plymouth Notch in Vermont at the Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site. Here is Coolidge childhood's home and where he took the oath of office. There is something a biographer wrote: "He embodied the spirit and hopes of the middle class, could interpret their longings and express their opinions. That he did represent the genius of the average is the most convincing proof of his strength"

I guess this is the same for Liberal party candidates. They are champions of the hopes of the middle class. They want to take actions to help the average person. They want to represent the middle class in the circles of power where others think of helping their friends, powerful people or special interests. Our candidates are the voice of the average person. So vote for the Liberals in Senate, regional council, state Governor, state legislators and House. Most of our candidates are average persons and they are there for you. Together we can improve society. Together we can do this.

Thank you and don't forget you can consult the LibApp, the party's application to know the dates of the different elections, your local candidates, where to vote, and all kinds of party information.
charlottegaze
Rookie
United States

« Reply #629 on: October 22, 2020, 09:59:54 PM »

Good luck
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #630 on: October 22, 2020, 10:26:03 PM »

Thank you for the endorsement and good luck wishes.
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #631 on: October 22, 2020, 10:39:55 PM »

Endorsed!!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #632 on: October 23, 2020, 08:02:47 PM »

hey oh, vote Poirot!

This is a special call to -o ending states to vote for Poirot for House.
Colorado vote Poirot!
Idaho vote Poirot!
New Mexico vote Poirot!
Idaho vote Poirot!

It rhymes. It is a natural fit.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #633 on: October 24, 2020, 11:38:24 AM »

According to unofficial count, there are two regional ballot invalid. Those two ballots had Poirot first preference for Senate. If not for that I could be leading right now on second round. I think this sort of thing happened last Senate election. It looks like there is voter suppression, pushing people to modify their ballot after it was posted. I encourage my supporters to continue fighting. If some people make moves that result in voter's ballot being invalidated, please stop it.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #634 on: October 25, 2020, 01:37:03 PM »

I'm spending the last hours of vote in Vermont and will watch result late night at two hotels with the two camapign teams for the two races.

I'm in South Burlington in Vermont. I participate in visibility and get out the vote efforts. We have four group of volunteers who will walk on the sidewalk with different signs and attract attention of motorists. They are walking along Dorset Street near University mall and on Wiiliston road on the same side of the highway, where it's commercial area.

The first group is joined by the candidate for Governor and they show the Vermont Liberal party sign with leaves. A second group with the same sign is joined by local candidates for the state legislature. They encourage people to vote in advance voting and next week in the general election for Liberal candidates.

The third group has the green banner Poirot for House and the fourth the teal banner Poirot for Senate. I switch from the two groups and wave to people so voters go vote for me. We move on the two streets for a few hours in the afternoon.

In late afternoon I go to two campaign team location. The Senate team is at the Delta Hotel and the House team is at the Anchorage Inn. I stayed at the Anchorage Inn many years ago and I don't know if they have indicated a Poirot room like some hotel do a John Lennon room where he stayed. I make some phone calls to spotted undecided voters for myself and for Vermont Liberal candidates.

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #635 on: October 26, 2020, 12:33:56 AM »

My deepest congratulations on a well-ran race in the Senate and on your likely election to the House!
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #636 on: October 27, 2020, 12:28:45 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2020, 12:33:04 AM by Defund the Troops »

Congratulations Poirot!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #637 on: October 27, 2020, 04:11:34 PM »

Poirot for Senate

The official result is published. Tack50 received 35 votes, Cao 14 votes and Poirot 12 votes. It was fun because there was a race within the race, the race to finish second and possibly move to a second count. The other candidates are nice persons so all choices were good. I probably thought I could get more than 12 but there were maybe 2 votes invalid. I thank all voters who gave me a first preference and also those who gave me a second. I thank my campaign team, volunteers who worked to make this result possible.

Poirot for House

I have not seen the final result but from the comments it seems I won, so I will go with that. Thanks for the congratulations message. My voters are procrastinators. I was stuck in low count for a long time. There were a few votes I didn't expect so I'm not sure if it was for me or more against another party. I don't know what was the margin, if it made the difference. That makes me uncomfortable because the two candidates who felt short and the write in candidate made a good effort in public campaign and debate participation and feel sorry for them. I hope they don't give up on trying to run again.

In speaking with voters I got some feedback of people not caring. This worries me for the engagement in the game. Thank you for my House camapign team without whom I could not get this result and the voters who made this possible. I hope to live up to your expectations.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #638 on: October 29, 2020, 11:02:02 PM »

Congratulations on the apparent victory!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #639 on: November 02, 2020, 09:23:38 PM »

Congratulations on your victory!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #640 on: December 06, 2020, 10:42:48 PM »

Hello,

A month ago, on November 6, I took the oath for office of Representative in the House. It took many days to elect a Speaker so about a week to be fully functioning. In December the election takes place earlier in the month. With about a month in office I am asking you the voters for an extension of the mandate you have given me. I am running for re-election for House in December.

You put your trust in me at the end of October and I hope you are satisfied with my work. Time flies. I would like to have more time. It's already time for another election. There is much work still to do. It is never easy for me to win. I don't expect it to be easy this time. I will need many first preference votes, so every voter reading this, your vote counts. Let's try to accomplish something that has never been done, re-elect Poirot to an office in two consecutive regular elections.

Thank you.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #641 on: December 07, 2020, 08:12:58 AM »

Endorsed!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #642 on: December 07, 2020, 03:22:43 PM »

I'm in Hartford in Connecticut. A few days ago I noticed that my name was green in the users online section. It took almost a month to have the green privilege. I would like another term to get the normal full time of green privilege. I like green and I know this city likes it too. It was the color of the Hartford Whalers when it was a team in the NHL.

The campaign song is I met an angel on Christmas Day by Céline Dion. It's December and the holiday season is coming. It has been a difficult year and this song is joyful and gets people in a happy mood. I also need the help of guardian angels to win the election, to protect me but unfortunately the eelction is before Christmas so I hope angels are there before Christmas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6F9uWuIpeo
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #643 on: December 07, 2020, 06:52:46 PM »

I'm in Los Angeles, the city of angels and I proudly present my official campaign banner:

It's full packed so where to start. In the upper corners we have angels. They will try their best to protect me but what angels can do has limits. Voters are the key. On the left side there are house keys. It is voters who can give me the keys to enter the House. In the background there are snow flakes. You don't get many of those here but it's a national campaign and it goes with the December and Holidays theme. There are many Christmas ornaments, lights, a star, a Christmas tree and even a Santa Claus sleigh ride. I ask people all over the country to make me a gift, vote for me so Santa Clause can deliver me the House keys as present. Happy Holidays!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #644 on: December 11, 2020, 09:20:56 PM »

It's the first day of voting. I have already received many votes. Thank you to early voters. There is still a lot of time to go to the voting booth but don't wait to long, the window of opportunity to vote for Poirot will slowly close. Charlie had his angels, Poirot needs guardian angels. Citizens of all stripes, go to the voting booth and send me the keys to the House.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #645 on: December 13, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »

Last evening for voting. I am counting 13 votes so far. I could be on track to have the same number of votes than last election. If the total of votes is smaller it could mean I could get elected again. Maybe this election I will not get as many late votes. Still a few hours of work, it's not time to give up. Be generous, share the holiday spirit, give your vote to Poirot!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #646 on: December 13, 2020, 10:51:29 PM »

Last call to voters. As more votes come in the quota rises which means I need more votes if I don't want to be in the position of fighting for the last seat available. It's better to make quota and be safe.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #647 on: December 13, 2020, 11:59:20 PM »

There are now more votes than last election. In that case I don't think I will reach quota so the result could depend on preference flows.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #648 on: December 15, 2020, 09:38:20 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2020, 10:13:27 PM by Poirot »

Introduction music playing is Underneath the tree from Kelly Clarkson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfF10ow4YEo

Christmas has come early! Under the tree there is a present, a key to the House offered to me by the voters. (I made a double of the current key and would have tried it if I lost in case they don't change locks and it still works). It means I have been re-elected to the House! What a historical moment for me to be elected in two consecutive general elections. This one feel more satisfying because I feel I earned the votes and maybe did not get elected because of a last hour strategy by other people. It is also satisfying because competing in the election is like being a small shop facing competition of big multinationals with more means.

I will continue to work for the people and benefit from the green privilege (having the username in green in the online users). It would not have been possible without all my guardian angels, the people who voted for me, who protected me and my future. I am very touched by your support. This time instead of having late voters I had early voters. At one point a vote count showed me in the lead. I could not believe it. It made me feel warm, feel loved, feel appreciated. It was a great feeling. When you often hear you won't get many votes or you're just a perennial candidate you start to believe it. I increased my total of votes from 15 and a fraction last election to 17 this time. I am very proud. It was a transparty victory. I received votes from members of four of the five biggest political parties, independents and non-official small party.

2020 is said to be a year to forget but for me in Atlasia it will be a year of unexpected electoral success. I don't know maybe hard work finally paid off, maybe I had a good banner, maybe I was a little lucky. Thank you to the voters who have confidence in me, some of them for years, and to the people who helped me get elected. I couldn't have achieved this without you.

Thank you kindly and Happy Holidays to all.
Poirot
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #649 on: December 15, 2020, 11:30:06 PM »

Congrats on your re-election!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28