Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:22:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 53668 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: June 16, 2020, 10:22:51 PM »

Someone has to do it. I am running for Lincoln Senate. The election will be held June 19-21. If you are afraid to go out because of the virus, mail in your ballot.

A few weeks ago I was at a party convention in Stowe, Vermont. We we surrounded by mountains. It was like this race, all uphill. To win you need to be backed by the dominant party.

I'm running for diversity and inclusiveness in the game. To have people who are not in the dominant party have a seat in the Senate. To let people who are not part of big parties play a legislative role in Nyman. To show the way for people who choose a different route than joining a big group of numbers.

Our country is full of different people and it's time we stop excluding them. Let's open the doors of the Senate to different parties or Independents. It will be good for democracy.

The sky is the limit.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #601 on: June 17, 2020, 06:22:03 AM »

Welcome to the race Poirot! It is always nice to face you Smiley

And indeed I agree that there should be more contested elections and that the sky is the limit.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #602 on: June 17, 2020, 02:10:42 PM »

Poirot for Senate!
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #603 on: June 18, 2020, 03:17:01 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2020, 03:21:35 AM by Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN »

(for a high preference)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #604 on: June 19, 2020, 08:06:44 PM »

Thank you for the messages of support.

The voting booth is open. Don't forget to cast a ballot even if it is dangerous for your health. What is the worst that can happen? You could die but that is not a problem. You will join the large group of zombie voters.

When I looked at the board this morning there was a vote tally and my opponent was already declared winner. I don't know if it's trying to suppress voting or demoralize people thinking of voting for me. I am not conceding. I continue to fight.

I am in shortage of votes. Maybe I will have to ask tack to lend me some votes. It's like going to the neigbhor and ask for sugar but it would be lending votes.

Thank you kindly.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #605 on: June 22, 2020, 06:24:29 PM »

Thank you to the courageous people who went publicly vote. I especially feel honored to have received votes of people in the region who realised I was the good choice! But as most probably forecasted, there were not enough of them to win. I congratulate tack on his victory and hopes he  will represent the entire population of our region.

Thank you kindly.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #606 on: June 23, 2020, 12:11:37 AM »

Thank you for running, Poirot. It’s been a great campaign.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #607 on: August 16, 2020, 09:44:50 PM »

I'm announcing my candidacy for the federal House of Representatives in August 2020. I guess I have heard the call for more people running in elections. Well it has more to do with NPC local elections. I doubt I can get near the number of votes needed to win a seat but I do it hoping getting a few votes could help the party's NPC candidates. One factor of the results for NPC elections seems to be voting history. If the party doesn't compete in regular elections it doesn't have result and worse if I vote for another party maybe I am helping that party against my candidates in NPC elections. So to be safe I am voting for myself and hope others do. I have already been traveling across the country for NPC elections so I will benefit from economies of scale in campaigning.

I have a bit of experience since I served for one term in the House. I try to contribute to debates. One thing I would do differently is not wait so much to propose amendments. Sometimes I was waiting for others to give opinion or let them time to participate and then someone would ask for cloture and adopt it even if I had not finished.

This is my camapign logo. I did not chose blue to not confuse NPC elections and this race. The colours are diffcult to miss, it brings attention. Let me explain the symbols. The first is because I am in an infinite loop. I need to campaign to get votes for NPC elections and I need to campaign to get party votes to help NPC candidates who get elected every month. The second is I always need to feed the news cycle and be visible. The third represents the proverb If you run after two hares you will catch neither. I risk chasing too many things at the same time. (or it could represent the Energizer bunny who keeps going and going).

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #608 on: August 16, 2020, 09:45:57 PM »

Endorsed for a high preference!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #609 on: August 16, 2020, 09:57:55 PM »

Endorsed!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #610 on: August 17, 2020, 05:53:17 AM »

Endorsed for highish pref.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #611 on: August 17, 2020, 11:03:04 AM »

Endorsed for 2nd highest pref after me. Success, my friend!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #612 on: August 17, 2020, 04:58:23 PM »

Thank you for the messages of support.

I take some time off the NPC elections to speak on my behalf in the House race and present my official camapign song. It's Never Surrender by Corey Hart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4pg6Jh94Lo

Reading the lyrics I can see some Atlasia parrallels.

So if you're lost and on your own, You can never surrender:
I'm not well connected so sometimes I don't know what is going on outside the public eye and often it feels like I'm on my own.

'Cause no one can take away your right, To fight and to never surrender:
your right could be the right to vote or the right to run for office, I'm still here and did not surrender

With a little perseverance
You can get things done
Without the blind adherence
That has conquered some

the blind adherence that has conquered some is a reference to zombie voters obviously!
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #613 on: August 18, 2020, 09:54:47 PM »

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #614 on: August 18, 2020, 10:10:27 PM »

Thank you for the endorsement.

I want to say that if elected I will be on the side of regions, to respect their role and let them have power. For example I think it should be regions that decide about schools. I thought that education was a topic we agreed should be left to regions. I read the federal government decides high schools must be kept closed because of covid or the conditions for primary schools to reopen, like how many students, how many days per week in the classroom. This should be decided more at the regional/local level if they are in charge of education. Local situations can vary greatly from one part of the country to another. I don't know if it's the difference between being in a unitary state or a federation but in North American federation provinces/states set those rules and I think in Atlasia it should be regions.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #615 on: August 21, 2020, 02:27:48 PM »

It's election weekend. I have already received a few votes. Keep them coming! People who vote Poirot feel great pleasure and a deep sense of satisfaction. Try it. Even if you don't like me you can do it for the party. It could help our local elections candidates if the party build a voting history in different states.

On the House ballot I'm the only candidate from Lincoln east of Illinois. So all Lincoln citizens east of Illinois, consider voting for me to help better regional representation.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #616 on: August 24, 2020, 04:13:41 PM »

I haven't seen any vote totals but I probably received the least votes of the declared candidates. I want to very thank people who gave me a first preference and who still believe in me. I want to thank those of gave me a hight preference like a second and a third, it could have been very useful if I survived the first round.

I congratulate all the winners and I hope they have fun. New members, don't wait to long to propose legislation because depending on the queue it can take some time to have your bill discussed and two months goes by quickly.

I try to do my thing, not personally attack people or parties, have my fun. Maybe it doesn't give great result but that's it.

Thank you kindly.
Poirot
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #617 on: August 24, 2020, 04:22:28 PM »

For what is worth, by my calculations you got 5 votes, accounting for 3.1% of the popular vote. For a candidate with 0 party supports (the Liberal party is a very small party) that is a rather decent result.

You also did fairly well in 2nd preferences but because you finished last those will not matter
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #618 on: August 25, 2020, 08:10:40 AM »

some 3rd prefs too. You're a good person Poirot. We all greatly appreciate your dedication to the game.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #619 on: October 11, 2020, 10:10:06 PM »

I'm in Burlington in Vermont. People of Lincoln, if you follow the news you know I have filed the paperwork to be a candidate in October 2020 for the office of Lincoln Senator. Over the past months I have traveled in many states in the region to help the Liberal candidates in local elections. Many people I have met have suggested to run to represent the region. I am touched by such outpouring of support.

I have lived in the region for many years. I have served in the regional assembly, last year I served in the federal House, the next logical step is to serve in the Senate. It's not the first time I try. I think one needs more than two hands and one foot to count the number of times I have been candidate for Senate, regional or at-large when there were two ways to get elected.

I think I have proven that when elected I take my job seriously and I am active. I hope to earn your trust and your vote on election weekend.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #620 on: October 11, 2020, 10:32:43 PM »

I'm in Burlington, Vermont. After talking about my personal run for Lincoln Senate office, I also have a message to support all Liberal party candidates.

The Liberal party has a long tradition, it's been a party located between two major parties. We can work with other parties in trying to find common ground. We are a welcoming party. I want everyone to find a place. If the party were trousers I would like them to be comfortable, with a stretching elastic band you don't feel much on the waist, kind of a one size fits all. (With the overweight problems it is practical).

We want to bring people together. The pandemic has shown us that as a society we are all in this together. We need to work together to find solutions. Together we can improve society.

That is why I ask you to vote for your local Liberal party candidates in local elections, council, House or Senate in the next election.   
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #621 on: October 11, 2020, 10:42:20 PM »

Endorsed! I'd recommend that you give a vote to Poirot because if you do, you will have a active voice in the Senate respected by all sides.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #622 on: October 12, 2020, 08:44:35 PM »

I'm in Pittsburgh. I believe the party has great support in Pittsburgh. I am here to share my banner for the Lincoln Senate election. 

The group of people represent the concept of bringing people together. There are many hats because I have to wear and change hats in this campaign. I have to run for myself and at the same time run for local candidates. On the left, it represents my chair party hat. There is a sombrero that makes the dot on the I. And it can help get the vote of people of Mexican origin. On the right there is the construction hard hat. I'm going to work all for all people and the goal is to build together a better society.

The official song is Together Forever by Rick Astley.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPYZpwSpKmA

The message is to people disappointed by other politicians. I will have their best interest at heart.

If they ever get you down
There's always something I can do
Because I wouldn't ever wanna see you frown
I'll always do what's best for you

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #623 on: October 14, 2020, 09:59:02 PM »

I was in Vermont to support local party candidates. The same principle of helping business be innovative and develop can apply to many industries in the region. If elected I will help get a more prosperous region.

I'm in Island Pond in Vermont at the Maple Guild. Vermont produces almost half of maple syrup in the country. There is an ooportunity to develop value added products and target niche markets to benefit our producers. An opening exists in products for the health benefit of maple as substitute for sugar in the health awareness trend, and because it contains antioxydants. We will support the research and development of new products and support the commercializing. There is so much you can do with maple. You can develop flavored water, vinegar, mustard, you name it using maple. This can create more jobs than simply selling a raw product. We will stand behind our producers who are innovative and show the versatility of maple. We will help to maybe develop the next big success story in business in Vermont.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #624 on: October 15, 2020, 09:45:40 PM »

I've just declared for House in October and arrived in time to participate in the House debate. I have experience in House, I completed one term a year ago. It looks like there is a lack of candidates for House. I think there are more seats to fill than candidates on the ballot with one week left. I Guess it is good news for our party supporters and friends who reside outside Lincoln and don't have Liberal party candidates in their region.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies