Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:59:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54462 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: August 17, 2019, 01:21:39 PM »

I like your logo. I'm not sure where I'll preference you but it would be good if you are elected, and good luck with your campaign.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #576 on: August 17, 2019, 05:31:32 PM »

#Poirot4House! Endorsed for a high preference Smiley
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #577 on: August 17, 2019, 06:00:38 PM »

I like your logo. I'm not sure where I'll preference you but it would be good if you are elected, and good luck with your campaign.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #578 on: August 18, 2019, 03:47:09 PM »

I am in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in Lincoln region for the announcement of the official campaign song. It is On My own by Patti LaBelle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsH63qJlIMM

This was chosen to reflect that I'm not backed by a big party or associated with one. The event took place on Patti LaBelle way (Broad street).
(imagine picture of the street sign with the name)

In a few hours I will be in Pemberton in New Jersey for the announcement of the official campaign food. It is blueberry. The reason obviously is I'm in a blue period and I've eaten that lately.. The event will take place at a blueberry farm.
(imagine picture of bowl of blueberries)   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #579 on: August 19, 2019, 05:18:39 PM »

I'm in Fremont, In San Francisco (California),
(picture of store signs in Chinese on street in Chinatown)

I think we should support more the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong. We shouldn't let basic rights removed by authoritarian regime.

I say this as a victim of brief emprisonment for political activity. In August 2014 I was detained by the then Pacific region for an action in a political campaign. I had used an image of a pony and was arrested on frivolous charges of pony-ism related to health grounds.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #580 on: August 19, 2019, 05:30:46 PM »

Wonderful to have you in Frémont, sir!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #581 on: August 21, 2019, 05:07:45 PM »

Hello! Nice to be at Wrigley Field, Chicago. Thank you for almost filling the stadium on such a short notice of this event. I was in Fremont and had to flew back to Lincoln quickly  to publicly announce I am also running for Lincoln Senate. There was a lack of candidates for the Senate race so I didn't want to pass the opportunity to run for that office. I am running for federal legislature already so it's the same person but different chamber. I have ran for regional Senate or At-Large Senate countless times in the past so this is not new to me.

Citizens of Lincoln, you will see my name twice on your ballot. It's not a mistake and you don't have to apply to the Glasses are good to see program.   

The official song for the Senate race is Double Vision by Foreigner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxKCPjcvbys

You can vote for me twice. That's right. You can double your pleaure. You can double your fun. It's the right one.

The official food of the Senate campaign is Wrigley Doublemint.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sefHatyheE

oh, people in the stadium, that is a nice wave. Let's do a regional virtual wave. It starts in Wisconson and goes to Maine (with a little blip in Scotland). Go!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #582 on: August 21, 2019, 06:03:10 PM »

To be honest the fact that all 3 Senate races were about to get uncontested was a disgrace. Good luck in your Senate race!

Also, in the (admittedly very unlikely) event that you get elected to both House and Senate, where do you plan on serving?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #583 on: August 21, 2019, 09:05:41 PM »

Also, in the (admittedly very unlikely) event that you get elected to both House and Senate, where do you plan on serving?

I haven't made a decision on choosing one office over the other. I haven't really thought about it. Accidents can happen (I hope the accident is not the plane to my next destination). Maybe the Senate because the term is longer but it's not a final answer.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #584 on: August 22, 2019, 05:22:11 PM »

I return to Fremont to end my campaign(s). The voting booths open in a few hours. You have time left to make your decision(s).

I started running only for House. I ask the people of all regions to vote for me. Especially citizens of small parties and Independents who have no influence when big parties decide to change game rules.

I also am a candidate for Lincoln Senate. Citizens of that region can get excited at the thought of voting for me twice during the same election! I hope they do. I feel ubiquitous.

This is the final stop in the double campaign, from the Twin cities of Minneapolis St. Paul.

Thank you kindly.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #585 on: August 22, 2019, 05:40:09 PM »

Welcome to Minnesota Mr Poirot, I hope you have enjoyed your stay here!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #586 on: August 22, 2019, 10:55:05 PM »

Endorsed for Senate!!!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #587 on: August 23, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »

Strong start for the House election. I am in third place. For the Lincoln Senate I am behind, I need more votes.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #588 on: August 23, 2019, 11:39:04 PM »

Watching the returns with bated breath!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #589 on: August 25, 2019, 04:00:54 PM »

Hello

I want to thank all the people who gave me a vote. I have about the same number for House and Senate. The three amazing people who first preferenced me in both received a double ballot golden pin. I like to think that most of the votes I earned myself but last time I had such success in a multi ccandidates race I learned afterwards someone was helping me.

With the House success so far I started to think of the future. And it was not positive at all. I jumped into the House race to be an alternative to having to choose between two alliances and defend the interest of small parties and Independents. If I'm inside or outside the House won't matter. There is only one Representative who expressed reservation on the plan to increase the level of membership required to be an official party. I have failed to change the mind of the Senate and the bill is moving forward in the House with no sign of change. It could even be adopted before the next session for all I know. I will have failed in trying to help the smallest parties keeping their status. I imagined I could make an influence but I can't. I'm sorry for letting people down.

I have not been good at convincing people share my point of view. I wanted to helppolitical alternatives by joining a small party. I know I won't be able to keep it official. I don't have the ability to make it grow from 3 to 6. It would requite someone with more plan than making ads, trying to be fun and crossing fingers that people join.

That will be a failure of keeping a party official and trying to give an alternative to the duopoly alliances. There is the wokl on legislation. I doubt most people pay attention. You could try to do your best but next election is Presidential. Turnout will get higher, quota higher and I will be swept away if I decide to run again.

I've not been enjoying the political environment for months. I'm not even sure if it's a duopoly or we are moving to monoply. There is a high number of citizens but I don't see them on the boards. Perhaps the majority like the current situation.

I don't see a positive future for myself. I imagined that I could change things. I'm realising I dont have the ability. It makes me sad and frustrated. So I've decided to forfeit the House position if I'm elected..Better to let the place to someone who enjoys the system.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #590 on: February 20, 2020, 01:50:36 PM »

2019 was a successful year for me. I won a House seat in the August election and served for the September/ October term.

I'm thinking of buying a tuxedo because the rental is costing me. In summer I received the Order of Atlasia. In December I won the Oscar for biggest Surprise for getting elected to the House in August. And in February 2020 I have just received the Cross of the Northern Star. This is awarded to citizens and officers who have made substantive contributions of benefit to the region of Lincoln. So, many ceremonies to attend.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #591 on: February 20, 2020, 02:25:53 PM »

Hello

I am running for the office of Lincoln Senate and asking for your vote. This was not planned so there won't be a tour of multiple states or a logo. I declared my candidacy just before the deadline because it didn't seem like there was competition for the office. I sort of understand it considering more than half of citizens in the region are registered with one party. It makes it hard to have hopes of winning if you are not endorsed by the big party.

My first try for a regional Senate seat was in February seven years ago. I surprisingly won a House seat in August 2019 so maybe another miracle could happen but for this one I need more than a dozen vote. But this game needs more electoral competition and if I am the sacrificial lamb, well I have lost so many times before that I lost count and it won't be a schock.

My official campaign song is Mary had a little lamb. Why? Because I just wrote lamb and I remembered this music I had to learn playing the flute when I was little.

The region can count on me. I have just received Cross of the Northern Star. This is awarded to citizens and officers who have made substantive contributions of benefit to the region of Lincoln.       I am looking forward to working with other Senators and improve our country. I will try to work as much as possible with the others, and will propose changes to legislation about the points that would make me vote against a bill to make it more acceptable.

Please go vote tomorrow.
Thank you kindly.

Poirot, ONS (Order of the Northern Star)     
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #592 on: February 20, 2020, 02:43:10 PM »

Endorsed!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #593 on: February 20, 2020, 02:50:13 PM »

Quite late, but welcome to the race Poirot! Smiley
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #594 on: February 20, 2020, 06:25:41 PM »

Endorsed! Good luck!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #595 on: February 20, 2020, 06:52:25 PM »

Thank you for the endorsements but sadly you are former Lincoln citizens.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #596 on: February 20, 2020, 06:59:39 PM »

Poirot, do you condemn the theft of the people’s mandate by the defection of WEst Midlander to the Federalists?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #597 on: February 21, 2020, 06:37:13 PM »

Poirot, do you condemn the theft of the people’s mandate by the defection of WEst Midlander to the Federalists?

I'm not familiar with the situation in the South but in general I think it is better to sit as Independent and run in the next election under a new party banner so some voters don't feel betrayed if they voted party line. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #598 on: February 24, 2020, 11:21:11 PM »

The official result shows I did not win. It was an uphill battle but I tried. I want to thank the citizens who voted for me and those who came to the voting booth. I congratulate tack for his victory and wish him the best in his work.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #599 on: February 25, 2020, 09:53:11 AM »

You kept us on our toes at least.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies