Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:35:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54162 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: February 03, 2019, 09:08:07 PM »

Thank you for the out of region endorsements.

Tonight I'm in Detroit in Michigan. I believe in the role of government to help people in need. I would like to work to protect consumers from corporation practices and protect people's privacy by limiting the use of data collected on people.

I used to illustrate my campaign posts with pictures but something must have changed with google  images because I have not found how to see all the same image in different sizes like before (maybe something has changed). I tried to post small pics that don't take too much space. I know some people look at campign posts for the images and not the articles so readership will probably decrease.     
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #526 on: February 04, 2019, 12:39:01 AM »

ENDORSED!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #527 on: February 04, 2019, 05:31:49 PM »

Thank you Winfield!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #528 on: February 04, 2019, 05:45:22 PM »

I'm in Middleton Wisonsin at a primary school. If elected in the Senate I would like to bring to debate measures that exist somewhere in the world and see opinions of other people in Congress.

One such measure is a ban of advertising towards children 12 years of age and younger. Why let advertisers play in the mind of children, try to push for products, create needs or influence values. Children that age can influence purchases by asking for something but they are not that ones making the purchases. It is also believed a ban of advertising could lower children obesity rate if children are not exposed to ads for bad food and beverages.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #529 on: February 06, 2019, 02:57:05 PM »

Holding an event in Norwalk Connecticut

Security experts have warned world governments of China's Huawei products being used to spy and there are allegations steals intellectual property from other companies.

It was reported in the GM's officila publication on December 16th 2018 that Chinese hackers leaked Atlasian documents on the internet. Our vulnerability in cybersecurity and data protection is not new.

Like other countries have done in light of possible security holes the Atlasian government should prohibit Huawei from providing equipment for the 5G network. I would like to hear more about the security risk from our National Security experts but our country shouldn't be vulnerable to foreign cyber security threats.     
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #530 on: February 07, 2019, 06:21:02 PM »

I'm in Atlantic City in New Jersey to talk about protection of consumers using hotel booking websites. In the UK it was found some hotel booking websites were not being truthful in some sales practices and we should act to get stricter regulations so Atlasians are not mislead by this type of website.

We need to set clear rules. Websites will have to be more transparent on the ranking system to make it clearer how hotels are graded, including whether hotels paying the ranking sites more have received a position higher up the list

They can't create a false impression on a hotel popularity to push the customer to act quickly. When saying other customers are looking at the same hotel, it should be made clear it they are searching for different dates. Some websites were also placing sold-out hotels within search results to put pressure on people to book more quickly.

They can't make false discount claims like when a website compares a sale price to a regular price that isn't relevant, such as being on different dates, or a different room type.

To avoid hidden fees when comparing prices, websites will have to put booking or resort fees in the price.

Travel booking websites have becoming a popular way to book and they need to be fair and truthful in their sales practices.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #531 on: February 07, 2019, 06:24:32 PM »

endorsed
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #532 on: February 07, 2019, 06:27:14 PM »

Thank you kindly
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #533 on: February 08, 2019, 07:08:05 PM »

Tonight I am in the Poconos in Pennyslvania (more specifically in the honeymoon suite of a hotel containing a heart shaped bathbub of course).

It is with excitement that I present my campaign banner. My final campaign rally will be held on February 14th the last day before the election so I went with a Valentine inspired theme. The slogan is "From Atlasia with love", the dominant color is red and there are two hearts. (this should be popular with the romantics and more the women demographics and generally everyone because of the human need to be loved). So here it is!

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #534 on: February 10, 2019, 01:22:33 PM »

Endorsed for 2nd preference! It's great to see such a nice theme in your campaign.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #535 on: February 10, 2019, 05:02:24 PM »

I'm in front of a gym in Dayton, Ohio.

If you want a Senator who is active vote for Poirot! I believe the role of Senator is not to show up to vote when someone informs you a vote is open. If the Senate needs a system to regurlarly get its members to show up to vote, there is something wrong. A Senator should be attentive to debates, voice opinions, propose amendments to improve a bill. The Senator should know when it's time to vote on something. I won't be put on some notification system to vote. I will show up to vote on my own. I have posted in Congress thread or Supreme court thread even when I'm an ordinary citizen so you can be sure I will post in Senate threads if elected.

My philosophy on legislation is steady flow. My preference is to deal with smaller number of bills, give members to read and examine so there is more contribution rather than go for a big number of bills passed with speed and little contribution. Not a fan of the quickie school of legislation. 

Activity boosts energy and it's good for the heart.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #536 on: February 10, 2019, 11:21:50 PM »

I'm getting out of my bus to make a quick announcement in Moscow, Indiana.

The theme music for my campaign is from a film. It uses another country's name but it's close to my theme: From Russia with love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srlL0izZ-mY
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #537 on: February 11, 2019, 01:17:40 PM »

Great campaign banner! We need a more loving attitude in this game.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #538 on: February 11, 2019, 06:44:23 PM »

Nice aesthetic! I wish you luck in your campaign!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #539 on: February 11, 2019, 06:45:29 PM »

I'm getting out of my bus to make a quick announcement in Moscow, Indiana.

The theme music for my campaign is from a film. It uses another country's name but it's close to my theme: From Russia with love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srlL0izZ-mY

Appropriate music since you are visiting Moscow.  Very imaginative of you.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #540 on: February 11, 2019, 06:46:18 PM »

Nice aesthetic! I wish you luck in your campaign!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #541 on: February 11, 2019, 11:14:11 PM »

I'm in Peoria, Illinois. Good news to report. Volunteers on the ground are reporting positive feedback about our campaign material.

My topic tonight is classified information. There is (or maybe not since it's difficult to verify a secret) classified information on foreign policy that only a select few in government have access to. Even if it would happen in real life, I don't like it exists in this game. If you want to get more citizens interested in foreign policy, it's not good to keep some aspects hidden from the public. How can citizens make a judgement on actions and decisions made by officeholders in charge of foreign policy if they are not aware of all the information. If an officeholder is challenged on some action it it easy to reply, you don't know all the information or you don't understand. Classified information lead to private meetings which doesn't give visible activity. I prefer information for all to see and citizens interested in an issue can follow.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #542 on: February 12, 2019, 06:41:09 PM »

This afternoon I was in front of Sacred Heart school in East Providence, Rhode Island to say that the official campaign food/snack is little cinnamon hearts candy. You can taste it when you visit one of our campaign offices anywhere in the region. (it also gives our volunteers fresh breath which is important when they speak to potential voters)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #543 on: February 12, 2019, 11:06:20 PM »

I'm in Oxford in Maine tonight. It's getting scary, it's dark and there are tales of bad things happening, so it's just a short stop in Oxford. The destination was Castle Rock but the bus driver can't find the place.

There is a tendency to throw rocks at people for being inactive. Sometimes we could use more understanding, like in the case of new people. Perhaps they couldusthate some guidance, explanation, help and support rather than directly get out the rocks and pitchfork and act in a way that will only push them out of the country.

People in Maine are big proponent of loving yourself. I agree with them, it is important to feel good about yourself and love yourself. I now wear a pin like many others in the state. That is an empowering message full of self confidence.

I lpve me and you should too!
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #544 on: February 13, 2019, 06:03:11 AM »

endorsed for 2nd preference!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #545 on: February 13, 2019, 04:32:53 PM »

Thank you for the high preference
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #546 on: February 13, 2019, 04:52:10 PM »

From Middlebury in Vermont.

Companies are collecting data from individuals and often individuals are not aware of it. The use of personal data raises privacy concerns. It's time to give people more power over data collection.

First, people need to know their personal data is being collected. Businesses will have to disclose it. They will have to disclose what type of personal information is being collected, why they are collecting it and if they share the information with other businesses or organizations.

Cnsumers will have the right to ask a business what personal information it has on them, ask the business to delete the personal information collected abouth them and have the option to stop the data from being shared with third parties.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #547 on: February 13, 2019, 11:18:36 PM »

I'm in Concord, New Hampshire to talk about Discord.

It will be quick because I've never used it and seeing the drama that comes out of it it's better to stay away. I have a little experience years ago with I think it was mibbit at the time. There was some chat rule back then that discussion was not made public. When people are in a group they will talk against others, it's like a discussion so more unfiltered. I have a problem with taking logs to hurt someone, or to make someone look bad. Some things said in a small group are not said to be repeated to the whole world. I prefer blissful ignorance.     
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #548 on: February 14, 2019, 12:52:06 PM »

I started the last day before the vote early this morning. I was in Glasgow in Scotland to talk about independence. No, not Scotland independence, the State Department probably wishes we avoid the topic to keep good diplomatic relations with everyone. For voters who don't know I am registered as Independent. I can work with other elected officials without having to take in consideration the wishes of a party. 

Happy Valentine's Day to all.
From Atlasia with love
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #549 on: February 14, 2019, 06:47:08 PM »

It's great to be in New York City, New York for my final rally.

I have visited every state in the region during my campaign. My policy focus on consumer protection was met with interest.

I have decided to run for regional Senate because I believe I would do good work. My first run at regional Senate was in February six years ago. I know the region and prepared to represent you in the Senate. I realise I probably missed an opportunity for office and it motivated me to try again.

I'm happy to see so many people in the crowd on Valentine's Day. I see many famous people from various background and thank them for their support:
Bobby Valentine (former baseball coach), Phil Valentine (radio host), Valentine Warner (chef), Don Valentine (venture capitalist), Valentina Terechkova (first woman in space), Kym Valentine (actress neigbours), James Valentine (member Maroon 5), Jean Valentine (did decryption at Bletchley Park), Valentine Holmes (former rugby player) and Kathryn Valentine (member of the Go-Go's).

The voting booth opens in a few hours. My name will be on the ballot for Senate in the Lincoln region. Please first preference Poirot. I hope I have earned your vote.   

From Atlasia with love,
Poirot
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies