Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:50:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 53670 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: June 13, 2017, 11:53:55 PM »

I like it, that's something I could work on you with
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2017, 03:00:02 AM »

Your commitment to Atlasia over the years and steadfast advocacy for sensible policy is inspiring to me and very commendable.  I usually don't like to give endorsements, but I'm proud to endorse your campaign!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #502 on: June 14, 2017, 05:32:14 AM »

Oh it means so much to me that you visited my hometown and made an effort to make children's lives better overall. As Siren mentioned, it seems that you're pretty darn committed and I have to admit that I wholeheartedly appreciate that.

I wish you the best of luck in this upcoming election. You have my endorsement! Smiley
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #503 on: June 14, 2017, 08:27:11 PM »

Thank you for the nice words and endorsements.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #504 on: June 14, 2017, 08:31:54 PM »

I'm in Rapid City, South Dakota. I'm glad to be back in Fremont for June 14th and participate in local activities of Bear Flag Day. It is a pleasure to share this important day with Fremonters.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #505 on: June 14, 2017, 09:22:07 PM »

Lovely to have you in Fremont, Mr. Poirot! You'll definitely get a preference from me, and I wish you best of luck with your campaign.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #506 on: June 15, 2017, 07:58:07 PM »

Evening stop in Norfolk, Virginia in the south region

With the common use of technology it is more easy for children to be subject of sexual crimes by adults. Adults can hide their true identity and age for such things as getting naked picture, setting up a meet, sextorsion or just sexual talk. I will stand for harsher sentences for adults taking advantage of children even if it's only on computers. I will also stand for giving money to regions so their schools or law enforcement officials to set up programs to inform children of predatory adults and how to protect themselves.       
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #507 on: June 16, 2017, 08:06:11 PM »

I'm in Asheville North Carolina in the South region.

The official campaign song is Our House by Madness because I'm running for House.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXA6CLTDekw

and the official campaign food is cabbage because that's where babies come from.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #508 on: June 18, 2017, 06:51:01 PM »

Happy Father's Day from Cleveland, Ohio in the northern region.

Parents want to protect their children. I propose a policy to protect children from corporation and consumerism. Children don't earn and spend money so they should not be targeted by advertising.

I will propose that no merchant or advertiser can use commercial advertising directed to children under 13 years of age using all types of media. To determine if an advertisement is directed at children, criterias like the nature and intended purpose of the goods advertised, the manner in which the advertisement is presented, and the time and place where it is shown will be used.   

There will be exemptions for store windows, packaging, labels and displays. They can be designed for children but not directly incite a child to buy a good or encourage the child to urge another person to buy a good. Another exemption will be advertising for a children's entertainment event. 

Let's treat kids as kids and not consumers.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #509 on: June 19, 2017, 10:25:59 PM »

I'm in Waco, Texas in the Southern region to speak about drugs. Not the prescribed medicine drugs but the "recreational" drugs. The federal government is getting softer and softer on drugs to the point where we could even see a hard drug like cocaine be legalized.

I find this unacceptable. We are sending the message that using drugs is normal, it's not risky, there is no problem, it's your choice. Drugs have effects on health, behavior, family. It creates all kinds of problems. We should not be minimizing the effects of drugs, making it more accessible. That is not good for our children. I will oppose proposals to legalize drugs.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #510 on: June 19, 2017, 10:30:55 PM »

I'm in Waco, Texas in the Southern region to speak about drugs. Not the prescribed medicine drugs but the "recreational" drugs. The federal government is getting softer and softer on drugs to the point where we could even see a hard drug like cocaine be legalized.

I find this unacceptable. We are sending the message that using drugs is normal, it's not risky, there is no problem, it's your choice. Drugs have effects on health, behavior, family. It creates all kinds of problems. We should not be minimizing the effects of drugs, making it more accessible. That is not good for our children. I will oppose proposals to legalize drugs.

Alcohol destroys families, too. Do you oppose keeping alcohol as accessible as it is?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #511 on: June 19, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »

I'm not gonna legalize cocaine and stuff like that, just decriminalizing it.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #512 on: June 20, 2017, 09:33:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am not proposing stricter rules about alcohol. I don't know what is the best word for cocaine, heroin etc. I use the word recreational drugs but for me alcohol is not in it.

I am against decriminalizing cocaine and other hard drugs. It send a message it's not that harmful or not that dangerous to our youth and I think of the children.

For marijuana canadian provinces need to determine how it will be sold. The New Brunswick medical society said marijuana should not be sold to people under 25 but it's probably unrealistic so suggested 21. The brain is still actively developing until the age of 25, especially in men.

In Quebec emergency room doctors suggest 21 years of age and are worried about an increase in problems they already see from use of cannabis such as psychosis and worsen asthma.

I imagine bad effects from harder drugs are worse so relaxing laws on drugs can't bring healthier people.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #513 on: June 20, 2017, 09:59:37 PM »

I'm in Detroit, Michigan in the northern region. Last summer the President of the time spoke about the Atlasia-Canada common market and even had talks with the Canadian government. I don't recall being some action or follow up after that. It's been ten months so we should debate the previous deal under the previous constitution and make a decision, and if Atlasian living in Canada have the right to vote in elections. I would like this issue to be settled.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #514 on: June 21, 2017, 09:41:09 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2017, 09:44:52 PM by Poirot »

I'm in Chicago, Illinois in the northern region.

Recently the absentee Voting Act was signed and became law. The first problem I see with this is it covers a topic that is already in our legislation (the federal electoral act) and there is no indication of what words, lines or section of current laws should be repealed or replaced. This could create legal confusion on the active law of the country. It is important to explicitly mention in a new act what is repealed in an old act so people updating the wiki can keep a clear and accurante portrait of our legislation. We owe it to future generations to keep our records in order. One year ago there was a legislative reset so we must avoid starting to have confusing records. I will always demand we specify the text of old acts to be repealed when we want to replace it with a new act.

The absentee voting act keeps the old cumbersome way of voting before the regular election. A voter has to demand permission for it after the declaration period, the election officer has to approve and all the steps take time and for a House election the declaration period is very close to the election so the window of opportunity is very small.

I have not seen an explanation or presentation of the clauses in this act but from what I read it will be possible for a voter using absentee ballot to replace the ballot later in the regular election. That means an absentee ballot voter could change his or her vote. Other than the 20 minute edit rule in this game we can't change our vote later by submitting another ballot. This is creating two classes of voters. Absentee ballot should be for giving the chance of voting for special circumstances, not for giving special privileges regular voters don't have.

Vote early Vote often should not be a reality in the game.  
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #515 on: June 22, 2017, 04:53:21 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2017, 05:06:09 PM by Poirot »

I'm in Salem, Mass. in the northern region. There is a major group of voters I need to reach: the zombie voters. A majority of the voters this weekend probably don't spend much time looking at every candidate on the election board. I will have a seance to try reach their spirit and influence their vote.

For voters who are reading this, the voting booth will soon open and I hope I have convinced you to vote for me for federal House. Don't forget: Think of the children. Vote Poirot!

Thank you kindly.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #516 on: June 22, 2017, 05:12:49 PM »

Props for cleverness, glad there are Still those who put creativity into these campaigns
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #517 on: June 26, 2017, 10:54:42 PM »

A huge thank you to the people who gave me a first preference in the House election. Also thank you to the people who gave me a high preference, or even a 6th after the five of your party's slate, or write-in for another office.

I congratulate all the winners in the weekend elections. I'm sorry for Clyde and Siren who have given a lot to Atlasia over the years and come up with policy proposals and deserved a better result. I'm happy for Goldwater who was a colleague in the Northeast assembly when I started.

To all the candidates who did not win, if you feel disappointed try to focus not on the result but on you can be proud of: your effort, your campaign or the courage it took when taking the risk of getting your name on a ballot.

Finally I would like to mention the work of wiki editing. I don't know excatly who does it but thank you. It's a bit an invisible task but an important one when looking for information. Your job is appreciated.     
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #518 on: June 26, 2017, 11:00:17 PM »

I am very saddened that Poirot, a great Atlasian patriot, was not able to make the mark to be in the House. He will be sorely missed as a true advocate of fixing the problems that plague the game.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #519 on: November 18, 2017, 10:06:24 PM »

It was a great surprise party. I did not expect it. We celebrated the fifth anniversary of my first win as a candidate for political office. It was a special election for the Northeast region assembly and I became a Representative November 19 in 2012.

Thanks to the organizers and to all who attended. It was fantastic to meet all of you, many old faces I haven't seen in a while  and many who made the trip from out of the country. It was fun to remember good times. It made me feel nostalgic. Thank you to all my friends over these years.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #520 on: November 18, 2017, 10:14:19 PM »

Politcal career

Elected Northeast representative November 19 2012 - February 2013 (lost in the regular February 2015 election)

Appointed interim Northeast representative April 25 2013 - May 19 2013

Appointed interim Northeast representative November 8 2013 - December 2 2013
and served as Speaker November 20 2013 - December 2 2013 (lost in the double special election November 29 2013)

Elected Northeast representative February 1 2016 - February 25 2016 and served as Speaker February 14 - February 25 2016

Appointed Member of the three person Northeast Election Codification Commission, November 2015 to February 2016

Awarded in July 2016 the Griffin founding fathers Bronze star award for dedication to policy matters within the deliberatitive bodies and tireless advocacy of being allowed to hold federal office

A list of the elections I contested as a candidate. (result is a loss unless otherwise indicated.)

October 4 2012 Northeast assembly special
November 16 2012 Northeast assembly special WIN
December 21 2012 Northeast assembly WIN

February 15 2013 Northeast assembly
February 2013 Northeast Senate
April 2013 Senate At-Large
June 2013 Northeast Senate
July 2013 Northeast Senate special
October 2013 Northeast Senate
November 1 2013 Northeast assembly special
November 29 2013 Northeast assembly special (for 2 seats)

February 2014 Northeast Senate
February-March 2014 Senate At-Large special
March 2014 Senate At-Large special (declared write-in)
Augusr 2014 Senate At-Large special
August 2014 Senate At-Large
November 2014 Senate At-Large special
October 2014 President

February 2015 Northeast Governor
March 2015 At-Large Senate special
April 2015 Senate At-Large
July 2015 Senate At-Large
December 2015 Northeast assembly (declared only to get all the other candidates elected)

February 2016 special Northeast assembly write-in candidate WIN
February 2016 Vice-President

February 2017 Vice-President
June 2017 House of Representatives
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #521 on: February 02, 2019, 04:19:40 PM »

Thank you all for being here today.

I have declared as a candidate for the Senate election in the northern region that will take place February 15-16-17 2019.  I hope I can count on your support.

I have deep roots in the region. I probably have spent at least 5 years of the 6 years I have been a citizen of Atlasia. I have visited many parts of the region over the years during past political campaigns. It's great to be among you in Plymouth, Massachusetts today. I have held differenct functions such as Representative in the Northeast assembly, Speaker in the Northeast, Member of the Northeast Election Codification Commission and briefly Attorney General of the northern region.

I am ready to represent the region in Nyman. Vote Poirot!

Thank you kindly.     
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #522 on: February 02, 2019, 05:04:39 PM »

Endorsed!
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #523 on: February 02, 2019, 05:29:00 PM »

Not from Lincoln, but endorsed!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #524 on: February 02, 2019, 05:31:20 PM »

I am interested in your candidacy, could you elaborate on some of your policy positions?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies