Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:34:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54635 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 17, 2015, 11:16:02 AM »

Good luck with your campaign! It really looks very interesting! Smiley
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #376 on: February 17, 2015, 05:17:44 PM »

Thank you for visiting and your words of encouragement Lumine and Chris.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #377 on: February 17, 2015, 05:39:01 PM »

I made a short stop in Lincoln, Maine on my way to New Brunswick. I made comments related to voting booths.

First is how I would like to operate the voting booth if I still have in my duties to open the regional voting booth for federal amendment. After there is notification from the federal government, I would like to wait 48 hours to open the booth. That is in order for voters to have a bit of time to first notice they will be asked to vote on something and give them the time to attempt to ask a question about it or read the debate thread so they can reflect and make their mind before they see a booth is open and the early vote goes clearly one way and they don't even have to bother with it. To help citizens be aware of the amendment, I will post the text in my Governor thread as soon as possible and before the booth is opened. I would not be a problem at all for me to operate the voting booth for federal amendment.

The second issue is voting rules information to new voters. Rules are usually at the top of a ballot but I'm not sure if voters really read it. To help new voters get accustomed to the rules and submit a valid ballot, I was thinking of sending new voters the text of the rules (like mark a ballot, editing rule, period the booth will be open) by private message during the week before the election and give them time to read it and ask questions. For this to be non-partisan I would like the Chief Justice Officer in charge of messaging.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #378 on: February 17, 2015, 11:13:43 PM »

It's now time to present my official campaign song. I wanted a song that would convey what my term as Governor would be. I want to move away from the recent past. I hope my choice reflects a more harmonious feeling and mellow.

I am in the town of Oromocto in New Brunswick. There is also a river with that name. I'm in Oromocto because the name is in the title of - .....
Wait. My assistant corrected me. We are not here because the name is in the title of the song. It's just because it's the closest sounding name we could find located the voting region for the election. Close enough.

With that corrected, let's listen to Enya's Orinoco flow. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTrk4X9ACtw
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #379 on: February 18, 2015, 06:15:06 PM »

I'm in Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Two weeks ago a freight train partially derailed in the area. This train had tank cars carrying crude oil. Thankfully there was no disaster. A few days ago a train  carrying crude oil derailed in West Virginia and caught fire.

Trains carrying oil can be dangerous. I am concerned for the safety of our population and the protection of the environment. As Governor I will instruct the transportation department to make sure safety and work regulations are respected. My administration will inspect the rails to see if they are well maintained, rules about tank cars followed, worked well trained and that they follow work and safety procedures. I will work to avoid a possible disaster.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #380 on: February 18, 2015, 11:02:53 PM »

I'm in New Castle in Delaware continuing my efforts to become the next King of the North.

I wanted to express my preference for voters having the right to choose their representatives when a seat becomes vacant. Within a month of the next election the Governor names the replacement representative. I would like it to be voted by the people. That way there is no question the Governor is trying to favor a friend, or pick someone in favor of a specific issue. It is more democratic and gives everyone a chance. Obviously there would not be in election if the vacancy is within a week of the next election.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #381 on: February 19, 2015, 02:10:49 PM »

This is the last day of the campaign. I haven't talked about my official campaign food yet. This time it's a beverage. I've come to Boston Mass., a city that likes to throw tea parties.

My official food for this campaign is vervain tea. When Governor, I will serve other officeholders vervain tea and have tea parties. It is my effort to calm everyone down. Hopefully during my tenure people will not air their personal conflicts in public and disrupt the governing of our region.   
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2015, 02:24:33 PM »

Is exposing the fact that our former Speaker tried to blackmail me really a disruption of our region?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2015, 10:34:39 PM »

Voters of the Northeast,

This is my last campaign event before the voting booth opens. For the last stop in my Poirot for Gov tour I am in New Britain Connecticut. I have traveled in every state of the region and associated Canadian provinces. After many long trips I am tired but I know it is a small sacrifice to have the honor to represent all of you.

I am seeking the Governor's office. I was a representative in the Northeast assembly and was Speaker for a short time. This would be my first time in an executive position and I am looking to this new experience. I want the next term to be more harmonious, fun, and inclusive.

When you fill your regional ballot, vote Poirot for Gov !

Thank you kindly.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #384 on: February 23, 2015, 10:03:16 PM »

The election result for Northeast Governor has been certified and sadly I did not win. I visited every state and met some voters. I want to thank all those who went to the voting booth on a cold February weekend. I also wish to thank people for the support I have received from outside the region.

It was my first participation in a Governor's race so that was a new experience. This time I have received positive feedback on my campaign banner. That was new too.

I congratulate Sawx and the elected representatives for their victories. Some are returning representatives and some are new. It is encouraging to see new people getting involved in the region.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #385 on: February 24, 2015, 02:40:43 AM »

Much thanks to you. It surely was a good race.

If you've got any ideas for rail development, shoot me a PM.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #386 on: February 24, 2015, 03:23:51 PM »

Congratulations on your first gubernatorial campaign. Keep it up, you deserve a big win! Cheesy
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #387 on: March 04, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »

A Senate seat will soon be vacated and an election will take place soon to fill that office. I have the honor to announce that I will be a candidate in the special election to complete the rest of term.

This will be my seventh participation as a candidate in a Senate At-Large election. I've enjoyed almost all of those. I like the possibility to travel all around the country and to speak to a huge pool of voters. Some people have a negative view of the at-large election but I don't and you should vote for someone who believe in at-large Senate elections.

I'm happy to be in Hope, Arkansas in the South region for my campaign launch. Later I will visit Hot Springs. Hope springs eternal. 

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #388 on: March 05, 2015, 05:57:59 PM »

I'm in the town of Mount Carbon in West Virginia in the Mideast region. In February there was a train derailment here and some rail cars exploded and burned.

I want to make tank cars carrying oil and flamable liquids safer. If elected I will introduce legislation to make tank cars more resistant, requiring a 9/16 inch steel shell for cars by 2018.

Regions will have the power to fix the maximum speed of trains because they are the ones that know the local areas more at risk of accidents. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #389 on: March 06, 2015, 07:58:12 PM »

I'm at Window Rock in Arizona in the Pacific region to unveil my campaign banner for the March 2015 special At-large Senate election.

The image is based on the myth of sisyphus. He keeps rolling a rock to the top of a mountain and then it rolls back down and he has to do it again. It kind of represents me. People use a "p" word when I'm a candidate now. I've tried multiple times being elected to the Senate and my rock keeps rolling back down the mountain.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #390 on: March 08, 2015, 10:59:43 AM »

I'm at Mirror Lake, California in the Pacific region. I'm here to express my opinion on having contracdictory laws on our books or imaginary laws on game related aspects. I will try to avoid that. I have realised this can be a problem because of the Civil rights act. We had already a rule on random selection for jury composition and that new act states jury should reflect racial composition. We have never held statistics on race in the country so it's not possible to conform to the rule. Jury is a real part of the game. It's not purely an abstract notion about policy. We should have rules about game apects of the game that we can apply and not live in two universe at the same time.     

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #391 on: March 08, 2015, 06:26:56 PM »

I'm in Woodstock, New York in the Northeast region for the presentation of my official campaign song. The song I have chosen was performed here in 1969. It is Spinning Wheel by Blood, Sweat & Tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX3aM9ShtXU

The lyrics say What goes up must come down and I find it's a good association with the image in my banner and the myth of sisyphus.

Some people are highly offended by pony and I ask them not to listen to the song because one of the line in the song is Ride a painted pony. They have been warned.   
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #392 on: March 08, 2015, 11:07:13 PM »

These aren't the ponies I was referring to, but I appreciate the trigger warning.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #393 on: March 09, 2015, 07:19:01 PM »

In Missoula, Wonderment (Montana) in the Midwest region I spoke of ways to improve the ratification of federal amendment. An effort should be made to better inform voters and give them a chance to ask questions before they see a text on a ballot.

There should be a thread open with the text on the elections board before the vote opens. The sponsor of the amendment or someone in favor of it should explain the reason it was presented and what are the changes from the current situation. Voters will better understand the goal. They can ask questions. If people are against it they can explain why. It gives an opportunity to voters to make their minds and be better informed before voting. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #394 on: March 09, 2015, 08:32:55 PM »

So... why are you comparing yourself to one of the most heinous mortal figures in Greek mythology?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2015, 09:48:41 PM »

Thank you for your interest.

I told why when I presented the banner. It was on a particular aspect, not the whole life of the character.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2015, 10:05:41 PM »

Orinoco Flow? Really? Ponies, Enya... this just gets more and more interesting.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #397 on: March 10, 2015, 09:37:54 PM »

I'm campaigning in Independence, Missouri in the Mideast region. I'm the only Independent candidate running so far. I don't have the backing of a big party. It means I need all your votes, whatever is your party registration. You probably don't agree with all I say and it's normal. I don't agree with the positions of someone or a party all the time. I pledge to be active, participate in debates and of course vote.

We have confirmation of the election date. It will start Friday the 13th. Zombies will probably come out to vote. I can't rely on zombie voters. I need everyone's vote. If you know a zombie, tell him to vote for me.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #398 on: March 10, 2015, 09:40:04 PM »

I do have to admit, you're goddamn entertaining, even if you want to run against me.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #399 on: March 11, 2015, 03:08:28 PM »

I try to enjoy working on my campaign. If people find it entertaining I guess it is a good thing.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies