Poirot for Senate(s) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:14:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54721 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2014, 08:51:07 PM »

Tonight I am speaking to Atlasians at large. My engine is still warm from a regional seat election so I might as well carry on and run for the special senate at large election. Voters from all parts of the country will have the chance to vote for me. Last time that happened was many months ago so jump on the opportunity!

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2014, 11:45:32 PM »

It's a bit unusual for me to venture out of the Northeast but I'm glad to be here in Akron Ohio in the Mideast region. I'm at Garden Pie Company because the official food for my camapign is pie.

Yes, pies are good but the pie was also chosen to represent the economic pie. It is important to grow the economic pie so everyone can have a bigger slice. We need a growing economy to redistribute wealth. In this campaign I will try to talk about some economic propositions. I am proud to unveil my official campaign sign. 

Last, my official song is Money makes the world go around from Cabaret.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIbUT6u7Q
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2014, 01:11:33 PM »

I'm not seeking the nomination of a party. I am running as Independent. I am not pursuing the endorsement of parties if I have to ask for it but some parties vote on all candidates declared. I sort of prefer to not know in advance who is (not) supporting me so I can have hope.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »

I'm in Memphis Tennessee, capital of the Imperial Dominion of the South.

I want to say I'm against the Glorious airport renaming act. My main reason is it's very subjective to honour some citizens. Some will feel left out. Some choices can be very questionable. The choice ends up being more who is connected with the ruling political elite. Another reason is renaming things can cause friction with regions. I prefer regions don't rename things with citizens' names either but since I'm running for Senate you can count on me to be against the Senate renaming the airports.

Now about my campaign theme, making the economy grow. To make the economy grow you need some good soil foundation. That is a good business climate and a sound budget situation of the government. It's important to not overspend in good times and run big deficits because at one time times will be harder and the governement won't be able to help much if it is already in debt and run big deficits.

Sometimes a good soil is not enough and we need some vitamins and fertilizers to help growth. I will present two vitamins.

Vitamin R is for research. I want to support research so there are more discoveries and science advances. The future is in the knowledge based economy and it provides good paying jobs. I want Atlasia to be the world leader in research. In the science fields in which there are a lack of private funding we could provide investment. In exchange for investment we need a return to get at least some of our money back, so we sign agreements for the projects funded. We will get a share of the revenues obtained by the projects funded in receiving royalty on patents or licenses resulting of the research.       

Vitamin C is for crowdfunding. I want to encourage crowdfunding in a safe way to help entrepreneurs. This will help people with projects or small business to have easier access to funds, reaching the general public. This will cut middle man and could lead to cheaper financing for start ups. I don't want the investor public to be duped by fraudulent offers. To help make it more secure I propose crowdfunding portals must be government approved. It doesn't guarantee the investment is safe; people must know there is risk involved. The goal is to have serious portals with good reputation and hopefully all efforts will be made to have serious requests for funds and reduce fraud risk.

With a good soil and some vitamins our economy will prosper. We will all benefit from a good economy.

Vote Poirot - Making the economy grow 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2014, 09:45:51 PM »

The Poirot for At Large Senate special election committee has hired the firm North Star Polls to conduct a poll on favorite pie. The pie is the official food of my campaign. I invite all the population of Atlasia to answer this poll and get their voice heard. I want to have the pulse of the population. 

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=188242.0
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »

Thank you for the endorsement.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2014, 07:53:16 PM »

Today I'm in Denver, Mirth (aka Colorado) in the Midwest region. This region has a lot of hard workers. Workers who are not rich and can find it hard to save money. When they have savings they get taxed on the income it produces. How frustrating for them. I am proposing to make available a national tax free savings and investment account like one in the Northeast region.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Northeast_No_Tax_Accounts_Act

There is a maximum contribution in those accounts. The income generated in the account is tax free so you get the entire income from your savings. This should help people put money aside.

We have international trade agreements with many countries and I support signing free trade deals with more countries. We and our trading partners will benefit from less barriers to international commerce.

I am not a fan of backroom deals. If I'm elected I will set up an office and those in the administration or Senate who wish to discuss some things will have to go there. I will be transparent with the citizens and if people try to influence my votes it will be public. 

Finally I want to remind people to vote for favorite pie in the poll. Results will be known tomorrow.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=188242.0

Thank you kindly.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2014, 07:59:12 PM »

I end my camapign in the Pacific region, more precisely Sacramento California. The Pacific was basically told to adopt some policies by the federal government. I would prefer a more cooperative approach. I will give an example of what could be interesting to do to get regions involved in some policies. The Senate could vote money available to regions for international exhange of students. Each region interested can set up it's own program and decides the rule for it. It could decide to exchange with a specific country, choose a field like sports, arts or languages, target a group like bright kids or disadvantaged areas. That way the federal level is being a locomotive for regional activity. The regions could be consulted before the Senate acts to gauge interest.

Thank you to the citizens who took part in the favorite pie poll. The nation is divided. There is a three way tie for apple, chocolate and key lime with pumpkin just behind. Quite a diverse country.

I am asking for your support and vote in the election. If I am elected I will try to come visit each region since it's an at-large seat. Whatever your political affiliation or non-affiliation, join me in making a more prosperous country.

Poirot - making the economy grow

Thank you kindly. 

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2014, 12:30:02 AM »

The voting booth is now open. We had more candidates on the ballot a few days ago but with withdrawals there are now three. I'm asking people who supported candidates who are no longer running to join me and my team.

I think after 9 votes cast it was tied with 3 votes each.

Don't forget to go vote.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2014, 11:06:29 PM »

Many people have already voted after the first day of voting. If you are a voter who still hasn't made a decision, I believe Poirot would be a smart choice.

Make the economy grow. Vote Poirot.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2014, 08:57:51 PM »

The election results have been certified. I received 23 votes for a third place finish. I am very proud of my performance. I thank all voters.

I'm happy to get votes from all of the five regions. I'm especially proud of the number of votes I got considering I think I got only one vote coming from citizens registered with the three biggest parties.

It was interesting to get out of the Northeast and travel to the other regions to campaign and discover the country. I met new people.

It was an honor to be part of an historic election for the number of votes cast. I want to congratulate Lumine and Adam Griffin for their great efforts and wish Lumine success in his new job of Senator at-large in Nyman.

I still provided the trio of official sign, song and food. I like my sign very much. I also had my first ever campaign poll, asking about favorite pie. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed their pie because only crumbs are left. 

Thank you all kindly. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2014, 07:13:43 PM »

Hello all

I am a candidate in the special election to fill a vacancy for an at-large senate seat. The election starts March 28th. It was only a few weeks ago that I was a candidate to fill a vacancy for an at-large senate seat. I'm using the same campaign logo. I didn't even remove my sign. My platform will be generally the same.

I will support research and crowdfunding. I want to encourage savings with No tax investment accounts. I would like to give regions the means to expand international student trips and exchanges.

And for some new things, given the recent aliens scare, I support our space program and study of possible other life in the universe. I will also consider reducing the term of senators to three months to give people more flexibility to run and get out without causing special elections.

Thank you kindly.

Vote Poirot.
Still running. Still making the economy grow.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2014, 10:58:59 AM »

I support your support for research and space program funding, though I'm not sure why a reduction in Senators' terms would be needed - for one, it shakes up our every-two-month system.

A shorter term is to make it easier for those elected to serve a full term being active. With a term not as long it can be easier for someone to commit to the game, easier to see in the short term if you have the time (real life schedule and events), not lose interest. If somethings happens that makes a senator less active or want to give up, the senator has only a few weeks to wait and exit instead of resigning. It also gives more people a chance to become a senator with more elections (could be a higher rotation). 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2014, 11:05:01 AM »

My name does not appear on the ballot but I declared for this special election at-large. To vote for me you need to write in my name. It is difficult to get votes when on the ballot, with no name it's like being invisible. Maybe it doesn't matter because with many people running I would not have gotten votes anyway, but I hope voters are aware I'm a candidate.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2014, 10:27:18 PM »

Voting is still open and you can still vote for me but it's obvious I will get eliminated after the first count so I can safely concede. My name was not written on the ballot so voters had to take the extra step of writing my name. They had to be aware of my candidacy and decide it was worth adding a name on the official ballot. I appreciate the gesture from the people who write in my name. Thanks to them and even more to the ones giving me a high preference. Good luck to the other candidates and congratulations for your efforts. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2014, 10:08:31 PM »

Mes amis, I have declared my candidacy for the special Senate at-large election being held August 1 to 3, 2014. I have been candidate for Senate many times. I am again. My official campaign song is Oops I did it again by Britney Spears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow

Since the campaign lasts a few days, I will not have a campaign banner. Désolé. I hope the at-large population consider me when they make the choice later this week.

Merci.       
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2014, 10:53:12 PM »

If elected, I will have two policy priorities.

I want to increase the safety of rail transport. There have been accidents with rail tank cars. They can spill or explode. We need to get rid of older type of tank cars and only accept transport by newer and more solid tank cars.

I also want to protect ordinary people who participate in crowdfunding: Surveillance of crowdfunding websites and limit the amount of money someone can give to one project to limit individual risk. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2014, 10:57:01 PM »

I don't know if voter turnout will be low because it's a special election in middle of summer or high because there are many candidates, but if there are people out there thinking of voting for me, please don't forget to vote.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2014, 09:23:35 PM »

I am going to send out different sized thanks to voters according to preference vote in upper half: mega thanks for first preference, super thanks for second, big thanks for third and thanks for fourth.

I want to say good job to the numerous candidates. Voters had many possibilities in an election with only one winner. Congratulations to Spiral for winning this race.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2014, 07:22:34 PM »

People of Atlasia, I am here this evening in Little Rock, Arkansas (Imperial Dominion of the South) to announce my candidacy for the position of At-Large Senator. It is called Little Rock but it's not that little and that didn't stop this city of growing and developing.

I plan on making campaign stops in the different regions of the country over the next two weeks. There are already candidates representing the different big parties and I'm running as Independent. Independents can have very different ideas, so I want to avoid being ideological and will try to propose little things to make little people's lives better. I hope to get your vote in the August Senate At-Large electon.   

Thank you kindly.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2014, 07:55:35 PM »

Thank you to people leaving a message welcoming me to the race. The nation must be excited I joined the race. The silent majority at home must be doing the wave right now.

I will try to attend the debate but my focus is on my campaign/travel and my handlers are scared I will deviate from the campaign strategy of avoiding controversy and being wishy washy to appeal to a greater number of voters. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2014, 08:12:56 PM »

I'm in Littleton, New Hampshire in my home region of the Northeast. This region has the most voters registered as Independents. I want to appeal mostly to Independents and marginal party members. I think it's important to have someone not in big parties in the Senate that can be there to defend our interest.

For example, there was a discussion on using a system of party list for some election. I'm afraid that would not be good for candidates outside the major parties. Some people questioned the party list and I thank them but we have to rely on some people in big parties to think about the impact on us.     

Independent and marginal party candidate could have been put all in the same list, even if we can vary greatly in opinions. We could all have been put in the same box.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2014, 09:10:21 PM »

For the presentation of my campaign logo I'm at Disneyland (Anaheim, California) in the Pacific region.

The theme is For the little people. Little people can be anyone, ordinary citizens but I was thinking on people not in big political parties or less politicized citizens who are not necessarily looking for big political debates. That is why I want to propose a few little concrete policies that have a chance to pass in the Senate. Try to find policies that can get the agreement of a vast majority.

To represent the little people I have chosen an image of the seven dwarfs. I have put pictograms at the top. It looks like a superhero flying. This represents Poirot (maybe a slimmer version) coming to the rescue of citizens by being in the Senate.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2014, 09:54:14 PM »

Today, I'm in Chicago in the Mideast region, more precisely in Little Village neighborhood. It is like Mexico of the Midwest.

My topic is the International Youth Exchange Program. I would like the federal government to make available to regions funds dedicated to youth to give an international experience. This will give our youth a chance to live new experiences, learn about foreign culture, develop international friendship and hopefully a better understanding of the world.

There is not much restrictions for regions to get the money. The age group target should be high schoolers. Regions can decide of the country/countries as long as the destination is considered safe to travel by the Department of External Affairs. Regions can choose a domain of interest for the exhange (like sports or arts or language) if they wish. Regions can probably choose more than one country and more than one interest, it's up to them to design their  exchange program.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2014, 07:29:10 PM »

Are you hungry? It's time to announce the official food of this campaign. It is pizza!

Pizza will be provided by Little Caesars. That is why I'm still in the Mideast, in Garden City Michigan, the location of the first Little Caesars restaurant. All volunteers and visitors can grab a pice of pizza. Bon appétit mes amis.   

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies