Poirot for Senate(s) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:40:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54741 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2013, 09:27:18 PM »

Northeast citizens,

It's me again, Poirot. This time I am running in the coming special election for Northeast assembly. I am happy to present my platform.

Last summer in a territory affiliated to our region, New Brunswick, two little boys were killed by a python while sleeping in a home. Snakes can be dangerous animals and they are not all good pets. I am proposing stricter rules to keep snakes at home: no snake longer than four feet should be owned by individuals and no venemous snakes at all. 

There is a long list of acts introduced for repeal in the legislative thread. One Act I would vote to keep is the Official Ballot Language Act. There is no need for a voter to translate a ballot. It can be more work for the election officer and it is no transparent for the general public.

The Northeast is our beloved region. When people try to touch my regions I feel violated. I don't want people touching my region so I will propose a resolution in the assembly affirming the sanctity of the region's territory so our great region can stay as it is.

I am not a fan of fantasy names for the region's political positions. If I am elected I choose to be called Representative.

Thank you kindly.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2013, 08:31:43 PM »

Thank you Flo!

I am unveiling my campaing banner.

My campaign food is the pumpkin pie. I don't know if it's good but it's in season.

And my song is the theme of The Addams family.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6QzbvH-ZNo
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »

Thank you Napoleon.

Maybe I am gaining momentum.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »

I am reminding Northeast citizens of the special election on Novemeber 1,2,3. I am a candidate for assembly, so if you want:

- No long snake
- Keep Official Language Ballot Act
- Don't touch my regions

Vote for me!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »

I didn't win the special election at the beginning of November. I didn't win the special election of November 29, 30 and December 1 either. I still served as interim representative in the northeast assembly for three weeks. I accepted the nomination of then Governor Dr Cynic. I also had the role of speaker for about two weeks. It was my first time having that function. I enjoyed experiencing this because it's not often I have this opportunity.

I had time to introduce the two bills I talked about in my campaign. My statement on the survival of the Northeast was not passed. Whatever happens to the pet snake restrictions law, I have tried to make the region more safe and I will have a clear conscience next time a child is killed by a snake.

I want to thank the voters who gave me a first preference in the November 1 special election and those who gave me a top two preference in the November 29 special election. It's with sadness I leave the assembly. The region could be modified within a few months if the regions map overhaul plan goes ahead, so this could have been my last presence in the Northeast assembly. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2013, 07:44:04 PM »

I've regularly been seeking office so in case my hordes of fans expect me to run for office, I just want to make it public that I will not hold any office in the short term, meaning I will reevaluate my decision for the February elections at the earliest.

(except for something like a space board)

I will still be watching and commenting if I feel like it, like the old people who attend city council meetings.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2014, 07:43:26 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines!

I'm here today at Dover International speedway in Delaware to announce I'm running for the office of Northeast Senator. I will be traveling our region in my campaign bus and I invite people to follow my stops and my plans for the road ahead of us. The ultimate goal is obviously to finish first at the end of voting, Sunday February 23rd and receive the checkered flag. That will also be the day of the Daytona 500 and explains my campaign launch here.

I consider this federal election the worst contested I have witnessed. There is almost no competition. Very few choices for voters at this time. There could be only one ticket for the presidency on the ballot. I think there was only one regional race with competition for regional senate. That means for a majority of citizens in this country there could be no more than one choice on the ballot. Talk about dull and uninteresting. A new low for Atlasia. A past senatorial campaign involved an alarm clock. People chose to hit the snooze button and I was not elected. Now it looks like citizens will go sleepwalking to the voting booth in a boring election.

That is an appalling situation for an elections game. I considered not going to the federal booth and boycott that election. If others don't entertain me I have chosen to run and entertain myself. The Northeast will have a choice.

Northeast citizens, let's take the road ahead with Poirot
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2014, 04:50:46 PM »

Thank you for attending my campaign launch event and for your endorsements.

Since road is a theme this time, as souvenir I am giving visitors and supporters toy cars.

Now I need to go make my candidacy official.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2014, 11:12:52 PM »

Campaign event from Montpelier in Vermont tonight.

On the road to regional diversity

I find important for the well being of our country to let the regional governments have enough leeway to adopt their own policies. The Senate has a tendency to adopt laws that settles issues for the country and there is not much margin for regions to decide on policies on the same topic. The Senate should let regions handle more issues or try to adopt a basic minimum law that still leaves enough decisions to the regions.

An example is letting regions decide if they want to ban homeschooling. Some might want to, others not. If the Senate rules on this it can stop future political debate to happen in five regions.

I will try to be attentive to regional concerns and give room to regional legislatures to debate and vote laws that reflect their point of view. I want local governments that can express their regional diversity. That should enhance the role and importance of regional officeholders.

I also like the autonomy of regions and I am a little disturbed when I see federal powers very strongly push for a region to adopt a tax structure or modify some of its laws. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2014, 02:40:21 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2014, 10:56:29 PM by Poirot »

On the road to stricter drug laws

If you have been following the news lately, you are aware there has been some tension between Atlasia and Canada and the cause of that was drugs. Canada even closed some border crossings. It is important for the economy of our two countries to have an easy flow of goods between both sides of the border. That is why I have chosen to be here near the customs of Houlton in Maine at the Canadian border.

We probably have too lax laws on hard drugs. Not only it can create diplomatic problems for Atlasia, we are seeing signs of a growing drug problem in parts of our region. I have seen many media reports about the heroin epidemic in Vermont. It's starting to even be talked about outside our country. It's time to take a tougher stand against hard drugs.

I'm at the Atlasian-Canadian border in Maine on interstate 95. My campaign bus will follow that road, crossing many states down to New Jersey. If you live near that road you might see me. And don't worry about my safety in winter driving, my bus has good winter tires.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2014, 10:14:21 PM »

On the road to citizen equality

In the evening I was in Augusta in Maine. I shook hands with ordinary people going to the supermarket to do their shopping.

In front of a display of no name generic products I stated I am against renaming location or landmarks to give them the name of Atlasians. I think giving names is very subjective and it can be partisan. The names chosen could be because they are friends with the right people. They could have done something people appreciate but some other people do not. I prefer if we don't rename things or places with Atlasian citizens names. Renaming makes it look like some are important and others are not. I prefer to think all citizens are equal.   

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »

On the road to newbie asylum

I start my day in Greenland, New Hampshire. I am at a playground.

I feel citizens running for office for the first time should get the opportunity to introduce themselves and their ideas without being attacked by bullies and their campaign being side tracked. I am proposing a four day no touch time period for fist time candidates, after they start a campaign thread. No negative attacks are permitted during this time in the thread to give new candidate a chance to expose their ideas and given a chance to feel welcomes and not attacked. This is to try to be nicer to new people. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2014, 10:54:01 PM »

On the road to healthy democracy

I'm at the New England Aquarium in Boston Massachusetts.

I know it's not near interstate 95, the highway goes around the city but I'm making a side stop in my campaign to talk about some concerns about the state of democracy in our country. I'm quite disturbed by the lack of people wanting to be on the ballot. Thankfully we avoided disaster when in the last hours some people stepped up and made presidential tickets. Those people have all my respect. We were hours away from an unopposed election.

It is very strange in an elections game that there is a lack of candidates. Maybe we have become a benevolent dictatorship. Usually political parties try to have candidates and this time it seemed painful for them to run, like nobody wanted to offer an alternative and were ready to hand the office to another party. I think there is a middle ground for parties between nasty negative partisanship and not even compete.

I've been reading international intelligence reports about an organization that infiltrates political powers and governments for its benefit. It's named Octopus. It may have started to activate in Atlasia. Octopus has many arms and tries to asphyxiate democracy in a country. Perhaps it is satisfied with the status quo in Atlasia and with its arms in all political parties it tries to make them not contest elections. Other tactics they use is contaminate water to make people sleepy and apathic, and use magnetic waves to affect the brain and make people think the same thing. When they do this is because they are in control of a country and want things to continue that way so they don't want many political choices on a ballot and want to choke democracy.

We need to fight the octopus!

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2014, 01:55:20 PM »

On the road to sign presentation

During my campaign event in Foxborough Massachusetts, I proudly present my official campaign sign for the 2014 February Northeast regional Senate seat election. The road theme is illustrated by a road and cars with the On the road slogan. The checkered flags show the goal to finish first.   

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2014, 10:54:03 PM »

Thank you for your support SomebodyWhoExists and Lumine. Don't forget you can have a toy car and also you can have the official food after it is announced. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2014, 11:09:58 PM »

On the road to freedom of moving

My opinion on the deregistration issue is to let citizens the option of deregistering. It can be sad to see citizens moving out, maybe they could stay even if they are not that active. However I feel the option to deregister should be there. Some in the past were annoyed at receiving private messages about Atlasia elections when they are not interested anymore. There should be a way for people like that to get their name off the voters list and not have to wait months for it to happen by not participating in elections. Atlasia is not a jail, the doors shouldn't be all locked. This is why I'm here at the Travisono jail in Cranston, Rhode Island near interstate 95.   

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2014, 05:50:39 PM »

On the road to a lean Senate

I'm at a gym in Stratford, Connecticut to speak on ways to have a lean and efficient Senate. The first thing is trying to focus. Focus on things that can't be delegated to the regions and focus on fewer bills so senators can participate and not have to juggle with so many issues at the same time. To speed up the procedures, the VP should use his powers to move forward debate and vote on a bill should last a maximum of three days.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2014, 09:15:57 PM »

On the road to calories

After being at a gym earlier today, now it's time for the official campaign food. It is the donut.

I chose the donut not only because it can be a guilty pleasure but donut is also the name of what some race car drivers do after they won a race. The official campaign food presentation is done at Dunkin Donuts in Stamford Connecticut, on Elm street just by interstate 95.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2014, 10:34:07 PM »

Why do you feel like you deserve a seat in the Senate?

I'm an ctive citizen and I have the ability to hold the office of senator and contribute to the nation but I'm not sure if an election is about deserving the job. It's up to the citizens to decide if I deserve it or not to represent them based on my views, my opinions, my qualities.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2014, 10:51:43 PM »

On the road to better informed voters

The federal amendment ratification process can be improved with better coordination with the regions. Besides the process, one aspect I would like to improve is when an amendment is sent to voters there should be an explanation to voters about the specific changes it contains and the rationale for it. Before the voting starts there should be some time available for citizens to ask questions if they want to better understand the amendment they are asked to approve. Informed voters are smarter voters.

This campaign stop in East Brunswick New Jersey is my last stop along Interstate 95.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »

On the yellow brick road

I'm in Chittenango, New York for the presentation of my campaign song. This is the birthplace of L. Frank Baum, author of The Wonderful wizard of Oz, so the song is Follow the yellow brick road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cwCIkKFFR4

I've driven on a lot of roads in the campaign but never a yellow brick one. I think we need to go by foot on this road. It is better for the Oztlasia environment I guess. I invite the voters of the Northeast to follow me on the yellow brick road to prosperity and happiness. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2014, 06:05:51 PM »

Sorry! Yes, the three days is for voting only. Debate is not limited. I should have put a period. Not try to make long sentences.

To recap. VP uses his powers to move the process of bills and not always wait for PPT to do everything. The 3 day was for voting period. I think now it can last seven days. Regional assemblies have votes that last a fews days usually so why not require senators to be as active in voting. This should reduce waiting periods and speed up things.

I hope I'm more clear now.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2014, 07:47:09 PM »

Thank you Rep. Deus!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2014, 08:01:03 PM »

On the road to the voting booth

It is almost time to take the road to the voting booth. My last campaign stop for this Northeast Senate election is in North East in Pennsylvania. It is the location of the Lake Erie Speedway. I end my campaign at a race track, like I started it at a race track. Between those events I have taken the roads in our region. The highlight was a long journey taking interstate 95. I have visited every state of the region. Now the citizens will make their voice heard by voting. I ask for your support.

Thank you kindly.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2014, 11:55:44 PM »

On the road to concession

Dear Northeast,

We are in the last minutes of voting. It's time to concede. I congratulate bore for being chosen again to represent our region.

A heartfelt thank you to all who voted for me (yes you, you, and you, and you over there). It means a lot that you choose to put your trust in me. You could have stayed home and watch television but you took time from your schedule to drive or walk to the voting booth to freely cast a ballot. You are a diverse group, registered in three big parties and independents, some loyal for a long time and some new. For those who were candidates in regional elections I'm very sorry I couldn't return the favor in giving all of you a first preference like you did to me. I also want to thank the people outside the region who expressed their support.

It was a short campaign and I provided the essential trio of official logo, music and food. I had a fun planning my campaign stops, finding locations. I hope you enjoyed the road trip with me.

I think my vote total will be the highest I have ever received in an election. I even took the lead after the halfway of voting period but my engine overheated and I had trouble moving forward after that.

To those who ran for office but didn't win, I feel your pain. But at least you had the courage to run and give a choice to citizens. I respect your efforts. Without you there would be no reason to be here.

Thank you kindly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies