The Atlasian Post.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:24:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Post.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: The Atlasian Post.  (Read 12378 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2013, 08:26:43 PM »

I have been in contact with a few dedicated individuals about the GM position. I have yet to make a choice and haven't told anyone else who I have contacted. The decision has yet to be made.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2013, 10:07:07 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2013, 09:52:56 PM by Simfan34 »

The Atlasian Post Exclusive
INTERVIEW WITH PRESIDENT NAPOLEON

Mr. President, many people feel you have taken a fairly hands-off approach to the Presidency, which has been criticised from some corners. How would you respond to such critics, and what particular initiatives or achievements would you point to?

Critics will be critics. I was once voted the worst Senator by 45% of the polled Atlasians. I was reelected to the Senate with the highest total in a regular Senate election in Altasian history, according to the SoFE at the time. I was criticized in my first term for being too involved in the Senate. Now I am going to be criticized for being hands off? Some people are impossible to please. All I need to do is work hard, put in my best effort, learn from my mistakes, and fulfill my obligation of service to the Atlasian people who have bestowed upon the honor of serving as Northeast Representative, Northeast Speaker, Northeast Senator, Northeast Governor, President, and now hopefully as Senator At-Large. They haven't rejected me yet- I hope this record keeps.

As for my accomplishments- I should be offended at the very question!! Equal rights regardless of gender or sexual orientation. Restricting the ability of the government to conscript our young. Expanding our education network at the federal and regional level, with higher education and vocational education funding. Reaching out to Iran and establishing relations that could help build a bridge. Reforming military pensions so that veterans get what they deserve. Balancing the budget. Rewarding federal agencies for saving money to help balance the budget in the future. Protecting regions from unlawful federal activity. Protecting investors from corporate corruption. Enacting comprehensive employment reforms. Should I keep going? My administration's accomplishments are beyond any other President's in my time here, and I think we ought to remember that.

A very common criticism of your presidency has been that you have taken a "combative" or "hostile" approach to the Senate. Certainly, many Senators would say that relations between the White House and the Capitol are chilly at best. Could you explain what your approach to the Senate has been throughout your presidency, and perhaps why relations are so strained.

Certainly, the Senate was equally hostile and combative with me, if you buy into such a thing as a collective Senate. I'm not sure I do. In my first term, the Senate and I got along just fine. I do regret ending what seemed to be a successful approach- reaching out to each Senator before the session begins. I recommend it to my successor. When certain individuals I wanted nothing to do with were elected to the Senate, I elected not to for personal reasons. Perhaps this was a mistake but you do reach a point where you feel certain individuals aren't worth a second of your time and as unfortunate as it may be, that was my feeling. With regards to legislation, I have always put the interests of the people first. Unlike some people, I don't believe in using my position to try and "teach someone a lesson". That's pathetic and immature.

And if "many Senators" are saying that, I would like to know what those Senators have done to try and improve relations. If you get the chance to ask them, please do so because I am curious.

On that note, many have accused you specifically of "intransigence" or "obstructionism" in dealing with legislation- signing few bills, delaying vetos, and proposing an unprecedented amount of redrafts (as opposed to, I would imagine, commentary during the debate process). Would you say this is a fair assessment, and if not, why have you taken the approach you have in regards to legislation?

No, I would not say that is fair. Why should I bear the blame for taking the time allotted to me by our governing document to make a decision of incredible importance, and yet we continue to ignore that the Senate cannot stick to a reasonable schedule or follow the rules that the Senate set for itself in its own OSPR. Let's talk about that instead.

I want to zero in on one specific piece of legislation. While most bills passed by the Senate have had fairly broad support, the Freedom to Eat Act divided the Senate and the nation. It passed narrowly, but earned your veto; at this time it seems unlikely the Senate will attempt an override. How did you react to the proposal of this bill?

I found it disgusting. I worked extensively on the original bill. I was the first Senator to comment on the Canine Protection Act.

This should be considered non-controversial, no?

And I still believe those provisions should be considered non-controversial. At some point, you start to question whether or not you recognize your country anymore. Dogs are friends, not food.

In December, Mr. President, your disapproval rating hit an unprecedented low of 88%. You're now down to 60% disapproval, but still you remain a polarising figure at best. Why do you think you have been the target of such ferocious criticism? Would you deem it valid?

I've always been a target for criticism, usually for the most misguided of reasons. I've always accepted responsibility for my mistakes but sometimes people can be downright juvenile. I remember in my first Senate campaign (June 2011), I raised the possibility of allowing the SoFE and RG to be the same person. To me, it made sense to combine them because the elections administrator would have to be completely familiar with the Census. Certain figures used it to tar and feather me, claiming that they had tried it before and it was a disaster. I actually got my proposal passed by the Senate but it was vetoed by President Polnut. Luckily, we were smart enough to come up with the Cabinet Flexibility Amendment (amendments cannot be vetoed). SoFE/RG Homelycooking has been excellent at his job, but if the Napoleon haters had their way back then, his work would not even be possible today. I remember people getting upset at one point because I motioned to table a couple bills as a young Senator. It must have been the end of the world. It couldn't have had anything to do with how things were when I entered the Senate. For example, on my very first bill, Senator Antonio V decided it was worthy of an "LOL motion to table" instead of actually debating the End to Imperialism Act. But I persevered, got it passed with a veto-proof majority and brought our troops home safely and timely. If wanting to do the right thing can make one polarizing, I wish more Atlasians could"grow a pair" figuratively speaking.

In the latest PMRC poll on the special Senate election, you polled last, at 14%. Do you feel confident about your political prospects?

Other polling suggests otherwise. I tend not to enter any election "expecting" to win. I do hope to win. My first election I won entirely by accident. I wrote myself in! Whoops! That's how my political career here begun. So, I'd like to say anything could happen. I haven't lost an election but this race has given me some good opponents. It's been fun.

Erm, breaking news. Governor Scott and Senator X have both just left the Liberal Party. What are your thoughts?

That is their choice. I'm happy to work with anyone regardless of their party. The rest of it can be dealt with by party leadership. I don't want to get involved in stuff like that. I have enough on my plate as it is.

I want to quite simply end the interview by asking one more question- would you deem your presidency a success? Why or why not?

Of course my presidency has been a success. Some things could have been better. I wish there was less Cabinet turnover. I wish I could have gotten more cooperation from the Senate at some points. I wish I had been more active earlier in my second term, but things were beyond my control then. If you look at my accomplishments, some of which we've talked about already, it's hard to deny my presidency has been a success. It isn't over though- I'm hoping this last pursuit pans out and we can really change the world for the better.

Thank you, Mr. President.

Thank you and good luck in your elections.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2013, 01:23:39 AM »

Also, both in PMs and in interviews, you seem to always be trying to smear me by using other people's words..."who wish to remain anonymous." It's getting a little old. I'm getting really sick of this undercover, PM-driven smear campaign that has been going on against me ever since I vetoed the abortion bill. I'm tired of it.

Don't worry - your wishes may be coming true real soon.

I'm not smearing anyone and I'm not going to tell you who the Atlasians who I've talked to are because when someone trusts me not to make their PM public, I don't violate that trust, even when it might be convenient for me to do so.  I came forward and put myself out there because this needed to be said.  I'd encourage others to come forward, but that's there choice not mine.  If they don't want to, I understand and will not violate the trust that was placed.  There's a principle involved there!  I am aware that this may make it harder for me to make my case, but I said I wouldn't make the names public and so I won't.  

And again, I'm not smearing you, if I wanted to do that we both know that I could have talked about a lot more.  But I don't want to smear you, I don't deal in smears.  I was fair, but I was also honest and blunt.  I still maintain that you were a phenomenal Governor prior to the TPP-Liberal-Labor coalition getting a supermajority and I'll defend your record during that period against anyone who says otherwise.  I always acknowledged that the far-left in the supermajority also bares some of the blame.  But I am also accurately describing what happened after they got the supermajority and it doesn't reflect well on you.  The saddest part of this whole mess for me remains the fact that for a while I considered you to be my best forum friend.  I still don't think your a bad guy.  But I'd simply be lying if I didn't say that there is a real dark side to you in Atlasia.  What I said in the interview needed to be said and if I didn't have the courage to come forward, why should anyone else?  Btw, I held out hope that you would revert back to the pre-supermajority Tmth and voted to reelect you, but things didn't change Sad  And eventually, one has to face facts.  
Are you trying to blame Labor? I don't think there is a far-left in Mideast though, almost all the radical Labour members and other far left independents/members of minor far-left parties are spread out through IDS/NE/Pacific.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »

Also, both in PMs and in interviews, you seem to always be trying to smear me by using other people's words..."who wish to remain anonymous." It's getting a little old. I'm getting really sick of this undercover, PM-driven smear campaign that has been going on against me ever since I vetoed the abortion bill. I'm tired of it.

I'm not smearing anyone and I'm not going to tell you who the Atlasians who I've talked to are because when someone trusts me not to make their PM public, I don't violate that trust, even when it might be convenient for me to do so.  I came forward and put myself out there because this needed to be said.  I'd encourage others to come forward, but that's there choice not mine.  If they don't want to, I understand and will not violate the trust that was placed.  There's a principle involved there!  I am aware that this may make it harder for me to make my case, but I said I wouldn't make the names public and so I won't.  

And again, I'm not smearing you, if I wanted to do that we both know that I could have talked about a lot more.  But I don't want to smear you, I don't deal in smears.  I was fair, but I was also honest and blunt.  I still maintain that you were a phenomenal Governor prior to the TPP-Liberal-Labor coalition getting a supermajority and I'll defend your record during that period against anyone who says otherwise.  I always acknowledged that the far-left in the supermajority also bares some of the blame.  But I am also accurately describing what happened after they got the supermajority and it doesn't reflect well on you.  The saddest part of this whole mess for me remains the fact that for a while I considered you to be my best forum friend.  I still don't think your a bad guy.  But I'd simply be lying if I didn't say that there is a real dark side to you in Atlasia.  What I said in the interview needed to be said and if I didn't have the courage to come forward, why should anyone else?  Btw, I held out hope that you would revert back to the pre-supermajority Tmth and voted to reelect you, but things didn't change Sad  And eventually, one has to face facts.  
Are you trying to blame Labor? I don't think there is a far-left in Mideast though, almost all the radical Labour members and other far left independents/members of minor far-left parties are spread out through IDS/NE/Pacific.

As I said, the Governor bares a good majority of the blame.  However, that doesn't mean the more radical elements of the supermajority don't bare some of it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2013, 01:36:43 PM »

As I said, the Governor bares a good majority of the blame.  However, that doesn't mean the more radical elements of the supermajority don't bare some of it.
Roll Eyes Yes, I probably do bare a majority of the blame for constantly insisting on compromise and representing the interests of all Mideasterners rather than just succumbing to the super-majority. I would do it all over again if I could. After all, how fun would it have really been if Inks and I just sat back and let you guys pass loads of left-wing legislation? Wink

Someone must be preparing for a Presidential run in the future...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2013, 01:47:47 PM »

Roll Eyes Yes, I probably do bare a majority of the blame for constantly insisting on compromise and representing the interests of all Mideasterners rather than just succumbing to the super-majority. I would do it all over again if I could. After all, how fun would it have really been if Inks and I just sat back and let you guys pass loads of left-wing legislation? Wink

You really don't take criticism well, do you? Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2013, 02:05:54 PM »

I take constructive criticism very well - it's something I've always desired in this. What I don't take well are two-faced opportunists who continue to distort the facts about my record.

Good luck on your future Presidential run - from my experiences with Marokai, I would bet he doesn't seek re-election, so you'll have an opportunity coming up pretty soon.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2013, 02:17:37 PM »

I take constructive criticism very well - it's something I've always desired in this. What I don't take well are two-faced opportunists who continue to distort the facts about my record.

Good luck on your future Presidential run - from my experiences with Marokai, I would bet he doesn't seek re-election, so you'll have an opportunity coming up pretty soon.

I haven't even thought about that Tongue and too the extent I have, I am leaning against it.  There are plenty of folks I would rather see run.  Not that it matters.  I am not gonna let you change the subject.  If you think I am wrong we can have serious, respectful discussion about your behavior and your record.  But let's not waste The People's time with meaningless distractions.  Gtg, to be continued Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2013, 02:19:48 PM »

Tmth, is that personal speculation or a substantiated rumor? Just curious.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2013, 04:48:54 PM »

A mixture of both.

I proudly stand by my record of service and dedication to the region. I considered Mr. X to be a good friend, so I find it disappointing that he's willing to completely throw a friend under the bus when it becomes politically convenient. This is all just too amusing.

Oh, and you are right, Senator. We're trying to get things done in the Mideast right now, and we're working together quite nicely. These attacks are just distractions in our region - The People of the Mideast deserve better. If you have any insight on how we can better our region, not continue the partisan attacks, I'd invite you to share in a more appropriate thread.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2013, 05:32:59 PM »

A mixture of both.

I proudly stand by my record of service and dedication to the region. I considered Mr. X to be a good friend, so I find it disappointing that he's willing to completely throw a friend under the bus when it becomes politically convenient. This is all just too amusing.

Oh, and you are right, Senator. We're trying to get things done in the Mideast right now, and we're working together quite nicely. These attacks are just distractions in our region - The People of the Mideast deserve better. If you have any insight on how we can better our region, not continue the partisan attacks, I'd invite you to share in a more appropriate thread.

Regarding the claim that I threw a friend under the bus, that's one of two things.  It is either a bold-faced lie or the you have really convinced yourself of this (like Cartman in the South Park episode where he convinces himself that he wrote Jimmy's gayfish joke).  Either way, this just sad, tbh.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2013, 05:44:33 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2013, 06:29:40 PM by Tmthforu94 »

A mixture of both.

Regarding the claim that I threw a friend under the bus, that's one of two things.  It is either a bold-faced lie or the you have really convinced yourself of this (like Cartman in the South Park episode where he convinces himself that he wrote Jimmy's gayfish joke).  Either way, this just sad, tbh.
What's sad is that you, a friend of mine, took whatever disagreements you had with me public in an attempt to destroy my reputation, with almost no facts to back up any of your claims. The proper and respectful thing to do would be to privately address me on any specific concerns you had regarding my first term, and I would have been happy to have a nice discussion with you, where hopefully the air could be cleared. I could probably come out and attack you on some of the things you have said in PM as well, but I'm not going to do that, because I'm better than trading these childish, petty attacks. It's funny how what you say in private messages all completely contradicts what you say in public. Oh, let me guess - you never told me how you really felt in private messages because you were intimidated by me and were afraid I'd attempt to destroy your electoral chances, right? I'm just assuming that since that's the card you keep playing over and over again. I expected better from you, but apparently I underestimated how conniving you really are.

INKS like this does nothing to improve the game - it only makes it worse. I'm ready to move on and leave this episode behind me for the sake of the region because improving this game for others, not achieving personal glory, is the only reason I'm still involved.

EDIT: This will be the last post I make here on the subject. If anyone has any specific concerns/questions about my job as Governor, I'd direct them to my office. I'll let Mr. X have the last word here, regardless of how many factual inaccuracies there may be in his statement, because I know that having the last say and coming out of an argument looking good is something desired by those seeking higher office, and despite our differences, I do think he would one day be a great leader with certain adjustments, so I wish him the best.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2013, 05:18:27 PM by Simfan34 »

BREAKING NEWS...SCANDAL...CONCERTED EFFORT TO GET VOTES INVALIDATED... PHIL, SEATOWN ACCUSED... LEADING VOTER MISINFORMATION...MAROKAI LEADING BY DECISIVE MARGIN...NAPOLEON MAY SQUEAK OUT VICTORY...OAKVALE DISTURBINGLY CLOSE TO BEING TOPPLED...ZOMBIE VOTERS HURTING BEN AND YANKEE...ELECTION RIDDLED WITH IRREGULARITIES...BREAKING NEWS
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2013, 05:33:46 PM »

BREAKING NEWS...SCANDAL...CONCERTED EFFORT TO GET VOTES INVALIDATED... PHIL, SEATOWN ACCUSED... LEADING VOTER MISINFORMATION...MAROKAI LEADING BY DECISIVE MARGIN...NAPOLEON MAY SQUEAK OUT VICTORY...OAKVALE DISTURBINGLY CLOSE TO BEING TOPPLED...ZOMBIE VOTERS HURTING BEN AND YANKEE...ELECTION RIDDLED WITH IRREGULARITIES...BREAKING NEWS

I hereby officially dub this scandal "Invaligategate"
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2013, 05:35:43 PM »

We'll call it invalidategate.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2013, 05:50:58 PM »

I suppose that works too Tongue
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2013, 09:22:27 PM »

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2013, 08:04:30 PM »

With my wizard like powers, I revive this paper: Content courtesy of Simfan34

The Atlasian Post.
ALL HEADLINES, ALL BIAS, ALL TYPEFACES, ALL THE TIME
PUBISHED BY SIMFAN34, OSA(S) - FROM EXILE - WITH NEW TYPEFACES!

Tuedsay, December 3, 2013

BONEY GONE - BUT FOR GOOD?
Not without classic animus and bad faith.
DESPISED AND DISGRACED EX-PRESIDENT
DECIDES TO QUIT SENATE WITHOUT ACTUALLY QUITTING.
ALIENATES LAST SUPPORTERS, AND CONFIRMS THE THINGS
WE'VE BEEN TELLING YOU ALL ALONG.

Regional reform flounders.
BIPARTISAN PUSH INSUFFICIENT
SENATE FAILS TO AGREE ON AMENDMENT.
HONESTLY, WE'VE BEEN WORRIED
THIS WAS ALL A LABOR PLOT.
LET'S TRY AGAIN, AND DO IT RIGHT!

THE ATLASIAN POST RETURNS
Following popular demand, the best newsource is back
After seeing all-time high popularity
publisher decides time is ripe for return
of Atlasia's most popular newspaper.

TOWARDS A RETURN!
SIMFAN, MODERATORS WORKING TOGETHER
"AT LEAST TWO" SUPPORT RETURN
AFTER A YEAR'S TIME SAYS TORIE.
"HE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO POST AGAIN"
SAYS AL - OF ALL PEOPLE! PROSPECTS GOOD!.
SIMFAN TO RUN FOR OFFICE UPON RETURN?
"OF COURSE I WOULD!" HE SAYS.
"IF I DO RETURN I WILL BE MOST THANKFUL
TO THE MODS. I APPROVE OF THEIR PERFORMANCE."

RIGHT ON TRACK
DUKE AND MATT CONTINUE TO LEAD
SHOWING COUNTRY WHAT LEADERSHIP
OF THE PEOPLE LOOKS LIKE,
PRESIDENCY CONTINUES TO BUILD
ON LEGACY OF NIX AND TPP
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2013, 08:10:12 PM »

Holy crap, is the Simfan story true?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »

Yahoo!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2013, 12:09:58 AM »

Newspaper Renaissance? About as critical an aspect to improving Atlasia, as any.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2013, 02:39:30 AM »

The Atlasian Post.
ALL HEADLINES, ALL BIAS, ALL TYPEFACES, ALL THE TIME
PUBISHED BY SIMFAN34, OSA(S) - FROM EXILE - WITH NEW TYPEFACES!

Friday, December 6, 2013

FLO'S BRAVE STAND
PRO SENATOR CALLS OUT BONEY

NEW PARTY LEADER CONDEMNS HYPOCRISY, BACKHANDED TACTICS, AND SPINLESSNESS OF DISGRACE KNOWN AS NAPOLEON. "BEACH HOUSE" SAID TO BE IN ARREARS AS NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT IS SAID TO BE DEVOID OF SUPPORT, FINALLY!

Madiba! Madiba!
NELSON MANDELA DIES

PRESIDENT DUKE SURE TO GIVE GREAT LEADER OSA(G) POSTHUMOUSLY IN TRIBUTE - IS ONLY FITTING

PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2013, 03:11:22 AM »

I stand in solidarity with the Atlasian Post. Smiley
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2013, 03:28:56 AM »

Awesome!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2014, 09:35:26 PM by Governor Varavour »

ALL HEADLINES, ALL SPIN, ALL FONTS, ALL THE TIME

"The People, united, will never be defeated!"
THE PEOPLE'S PARTY REFORMED
MANY PROMINENT OFFICEHOLDERS JOIN,
EXPLOSIVE GROWTH OVERNIGHT,
WHIGS, LIBERALS LABORITES, FEDS IN DISARRAY.

Missing links
Whigs, Liberals Laborites, Federalists find themselves without candidates and leaders
Both parties lose Vice-Chairs, Labor loses two senatos
Whigs lose founder,
Liberals without Senate candidate

SIMFAN ENTERS THE FRAY
Announces gubernatorial bidReturns to the country
ENTERS WITH STRONG SUPPORT,
PROMISES ISSUES CAMPAIGN.
CAN HE COME FROM BEHIND
IN EARLY TEST OF TPP STRENGTH?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to: