Isn't it time we....

<< < (8/8)

dazzleman:
Patrick1, I know your frustration.  You speak like a true New Yorker, and I mean that in the best sense of the word.

I don't think Philip meant to say that the Democrats are to blame for the WMD thing.  He just meant to say that the belief that Iraq had WMDs was very widely held before the war.  Very few people questioned that belief, not even those rotten French.

I never believed that WMDs were the real reason we invaded Iraq, though they seemed to provide a safe justification.  The real reason - that we wished to begin the process of toppling repressive regimes in the region that are feeding the hate and frustration that leads to terrorism - would have been to threatening to our "allies" in the area, like Saudi Arabia and Egypt, to state too explicitly.  WMD was a cover, not the real reason.

But you are right that this has led to a credibility problem.  I don't want us to catch Osama; I want us to kill him.  After he's caught, I don't want to hear all this bullsh1t about his right to a fair trial, etc. that will come from all those limp-wristed European pansies and our own liberals.  Just fuc1<ing kill him!!  It should be like that line from "Ruthless People" when Bette Midler says to her kidnappers, "My husband does business with the MAFIA!!  You'll be killed.  Your whole family will be killed.  Everyone you ever knew will be killed!!!"  That's the way we should treat bin Laden and any of his filthy associates.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└:
Quote from: dazzleman on January 29, 2005, 08:52:42 AM

Patrick1, I know your frustration.  You speak like a true New Yorker, and I mean that in the best sense of the word.

I don't think Philip meant to say that the Democrats are to blame for the WMD thing.  He just meant to say that the belief that Iraq had WMDs was very widely held before the war.  Very few people questioned that belief, not even those rotten French.

I never believed that WMDs were the real reason we invaded Iraq, though they seemed to provide a safe justification.  The real reason - that we wished to begin the process of toppling repressive regimes in the region that are feeding the hate and frustration that leads to terrorism - would have been to threatening to our "allies" in the area, like Saudi Arabia and Egypt, to state too explicitly.  WMD was a cover, not the real reason.

But you are right that this has led to a credibility problem.  I don't want us to catch Osama; I want us to kill him.  After he's caught, I don't want to hear all this bullsh1t about his right to a fair trial, etc. that will come from all those limp-wristed European pansies and our own liberals.  Just fuc1<ing kill him!!  It should be like that line from "Ruthless People" when Bette Midler says to her kidnappers, "My husband does business with the MAFIA!!  You'll be killed.  Your whole family will be killed.  Everyone you ever knew will be killed!!!"  That's the way we should treat bin Laden and any of his filthy associates.

I'm a liberal, and I'm all for killing OBL.
Too bad that Bush decided to invade Iraq instead of concentrating on going after OBL and the rest of Al Qaeda.
Oh, well, this is the same guy who ignored the 8/06/01 memo.
Also, we captured the 20th hijacker that month, you think we could have figured out something was up.
If America had wanted a real war on terror they would have voted Bush out.

TeePee4Prez:
Quote from: patrick1 on January 28, 2005, 11:24:28 PM

Quote from: Vice President Keystone Phil on January 28, 2005, 11:12:35 PM

We're still trying to track him down. It's not easy.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Especially with only 12,000 soldiers in the area.

I voted for Bush and think that he will do a much better job than Kerry would have done but I will not make excuses for the administrations many and varied failures.   I still agree with toppling Saddam but the administration made tremendous miscalculations and errors.  We look like idiots on the world stage over the WMD business and have lost a lot of our credibility.  The election is over and Bush has won- I don't want to hear anymore excuses- I want some results.
So many people are blinded by their own partisanship that they cannot even bring themselves to criticize obvious mistakes.   

While I do not agree with your vote or the fact Bush is better than Kerry on the War on Terror, I do agree with what you said otherwise.  I'm glad there are common sense Republicans out there like yourself that are seeing the big picture and not making excuses for Bush. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page