YouGov polls 27 states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:10:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  YouGov polls 27 states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: YouGov polls 27 states  (Read 11985 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 21, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

Scrap that. YouGov USA is from Palo Alto in California.

Which means "morning" is something like 8/9am in California, which is about 11/12 EST and about 17/18 here in Europe.

ML ?

I guess they mean ME (Maine) ...
No, it's a poll of the members of Senate (Marxist-Leninist), a Marxist-Leninist group that split off from the Senate in 1967.

Probably MaryLand if I had to guess.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »

Holy crap Tennessee! Obama only down 8!

Tennessee had a heavy R swing in 2008, so some counter-swing was to be expected and indicated in the pre-primary polls.  I already had my prediction for Tennessee at Lean R which this helps confirm.  If Romney were to utterly collapse, Tennessee could be in play, not that it would matter.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 09:02:43 PM »

Romney's really bombing in the South. TN is surprising. Funny that Obama is doing better in the South than in Arizona.

Tennessee is not surprising.  Back in the pre-primary polls of Tennessee, Obama was doing about this well against all of the Republican candidates when they included a general election question. not just Romney.  Given where Obama is doing in the national polls, R+8 in Tennessee was about what one should expect.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 11:35:52 PM »

Romney's really bombing in the South. TN is surprising. Funny that Obama is doing better in the South than in Arizona.

Tennessee is not surprising.  Back in the pre-primary polls of Tennessee, Obama was doing about this well against all of the Republican candidates when they included a general election question. not just Romney.  Given where Obama is doing in the national polls, R+8 in Tennessee was about what one should expect.

But there doesn't seem to be any swing against Romney in GA, and that is a much more logical Obama improvement state than TN.  TN looks generationally gone for Democrats at all levels.  I mean they just nominated a conspiracy theorist for senate!

Georgia had a D+1.67% trend in 2008, Tennessee had an astounding R+10.51% trend.  The Volunteer State essentially got a jump on their Tea Party and its not too surprising if it rebounds towards the Democrats.   It probably wouldn't be this strong save that Romney is a poor fit for the South, especially since he comes across as an insincere Yankee.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies