Mitt Romney: Getting called the "grandfather of Obamacare" is a "compliment"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:27:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney: Getting called the "grandfather of Obamacare" is a "compliment"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Mitt Romney: Getting called the "grandfather of Obamacare" is a "compliment"  (Read 6768 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »
« edited: September 19, 2012, 06:40:44 PM by Lief »

He just said so on Univision.

this guy...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 06:38:15 PM »

He is losing it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »

He's worse than Biden...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 06:40:11 PM »

I'm confused. And reading the Times, I think they're confused too.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »

I am starting to think Romney is trolling Republicans.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 07:35:08 PM »

I think Mittbot has some bugs.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 07:35:26 PM »

Man, Bozo the clown trying to save his campaign by going full Obama? Really?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 07:38:05 PM »

Man, Bozo the clown trying to save his campaign by going full Obama? Really?

He thought he could beat Ted Kennedy by BECOMING Ted Kennedy back in '94, and he's the senator from Massachusetts, right?
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 08:10:29 PM »

Ay Dios mio Romney. Que idiota eres!
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »

Didnt Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh call for Romney to fire one of his people for saying something like this back in August?
Mister Twister

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »

I don't see what's so bad about becoming Barack Obama. If voters have the choice between two guys with exactly the same positions, won't they go for the white guy over the black guy? Not a bad strategy for Mitt Romney
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 09:58:35 PM »

If this is reflective of what his strategy from now until the election is going to be, he's going to need a neck brace by the time he's done reconciling all of the iterations of himself.

"I'm Mitt Romney. I was for Obamacare before I was against it before I was for it again but in a slightly different way. And I really, really wish I were Latino right about now."
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 11:08:14 PM »

Pandering to Latinos who support Obamacare but are disappointed with the economy? Oh Mittens....For a while I didn't want him to become President because I thought he wouldn't provide the non-stop entertainment like the Bush administration did (while being wrong on the issues), but I was wrong. If Romney wins somehow, it's going to be an amusing 4 years until Hillary takes over.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 11:39:42 PM »

Politico, please explain.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 11:58:13 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2012, 12:06:52 AM by Politico »

Romney supports Romneycare in his state, not at the federal level. Romney is proud of his achievement in Massachusetts because it is what Massachusetts wanted. What Massachusetts wants, and what Massachusetts can afford, is not necessarily what 49 other states want, let alone can afford. Romney realizes this and respects this fact, unlike Obama. On day one, Romney will grant waivers to the states via executive order. States will be free to choose whether or not to have the individual mandate.

Romney believes in state diversity, not Obama's federal conformity. Romney believes the states control Washington whereas Obama believes Washington controls the states. Romney favors decentralized government whereas Obama favors Big Government. Romney wants an America of opportunities, freedom and personal responsibility. Obama wants more and more government until we are without opportunities, without freedom and without responsibility.

Good night, and good luck.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 12:08:21 AM »

Romney supports Romneycare in his state, not at the federal level. Romney is proud of his achievement in Massachusetts because it is what Massachusetts wanted. What Massachusetts wants, and what Massachusetts can afford, is not necessarily what 49 other states want, let alone can afford. Romney realizes this and respects this fact, unlike Obama. On day one, Romney will grant waivers to the states via executive order. States will be free to choose whether or not to have the individual mandate.

Romney believes in state diversity, not Obama's federal conformity. Romney believes the states control Washington whereas Obama believes Washington controls the states. Romney favors decentralized government whereas Obama favors Big Government. Romney wants an America of opportunities, freedom and personal responsibility. Obama wants more and more government until we are without opportunities, without freedom and without responsibility.

No one cares about states' rights except for racist southerners... Roll Eyes
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 12:09:59 AM »

He really wants to lose ...
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 12:11:20 AM »

Overcompensating for the 47% gaffe?
Mister Twister

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 12:13:49 AM »

Yep. Not only are Democrats more fired up than ever to defeat this guy, Romney is now pissing off his base (which was already uneasy about him)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 12:39:27 AM »

Romney believes in state diversity, not Obama's federal conformity.

Which of course is why Romney supports the granting of waivers to some of the technical requirements of the TANF program that have been requested by both Republican and Democratic governors.  He'd never stoop to calling it a gutting of the work requirement, would he?

Sigh.

The sad truth is that like most politicians of both parties, Romney is in favor of federalism only when it suits his other political interests.  He is no true federalist with a honest belief in there being some things best left to the States and others to the Nation.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 12:48:35 AM »

You know that Republicans have hit hard times when Ernest is coming off as a Dem hack these days.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 01:13:29 AM »

You know that Republicans have hit hard times when Ernest is coming off as a Dem hack these days.

And I'm not happy about it.  I never did care for Romney, but I hoped I'd be able to support him after he won the nomination because our country needs a period of undivided government so it could get things done and I thought the only chance of that this election cycle was with the Republicans.  But try as I might, I could not come to support the bot.  And at this point, it's likelier we'll end up with a Democratic House, Senate, and White House than having the Republicans in charge of all three.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 01:38:02 AM »

So hje supports central planned socialized medicine that takes away freedom, but only imposed by state governments rather than the feds. Got it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 03:28:21 AM »

Did anybody find the part immediately following this statement interesting?

"The President says I'm the grandfather of Obamacare. I don't think he meant that as a compliment but I'll take it. This was during my primary, we thought it might not be helpful. *laugh*"

Talk about Etch-a-Sketch.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 10:52:05 AM »

So hje supports central planned socialized medicine that takes away freedom, but only imposed by state governments rather than the feds. Got it.

We both know that Massachusetts is about the only place where it plays. It helps kids and poor students, and people in Massachusetts like it, so there is no real harm. A veto by Governor Romney would have been overridden, so Romney got the initial proposal reformed in such a way that taxes would not need to be raised to pay for it. You should at least give him some credit for that.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies