2012 Senatorial Endorsements Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:39:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2012 Senatorial Endorsements Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 Senatorial Endorsements Thread  (Read 7899 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 21, 2012, 10:35:09 PM »

You'd vote for Manchin but not Amy in Minnesota?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 05:08:14 PM »

So the ConservaDem's don't want a Democratic majority? I can understand endorsing a Republican in Wyoming, Utah and Tennessee where the Democratic sucks or is a Neo-Nazi, but why in Nevada, Wisconsin or Massachusetts? If I am told that I need to support Blue Dogs in order to gain a Democratic majority, which I will do if I know that a more moderate/liberal candidate couldn't win in a given district, why can't I expect that from my Conservative Democratic friends when there is a liberal in a state where the Dem can win? The only Conservative Democratic that I did not endorse was Joe Manchin and that I because I feel like he could be more moderate/liberal in the Senate and still win, like Jay Rockefeller.

PS. This isn't ment to be mean to anyone. I would just like to have a legitimate debate on the issue with my Conservative Democratic friends. I feel like having that debate is important for the party. =)   
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2012, 06:22:36 PM by Gass3268 »

And Gaas, I'd assume that they find the center-right candidates in MA, NV, and WI closer to them ideologically and more willing to work with them than the far-left candidates in those states. Also, http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/mostcorrupt/entry/shelley-berkley

I can understand that, especially about Berkley's issues, but I have been told by that if I support the primary of a Conservative Democrat or not caring if they lose that I don't care about the Democratic majority. Why is it any different the other way? That is my question.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 06:41:07 PM »

And Gaas, I'd assume that they find the center-right candidates in MA, NV, and WI closer to them ideologically and more willing to work with them than the far-left candidates in those states. Also, http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/mostcorrupt/entry/shelley-berkley

I can understand that, especially about Berkley's issues, but I have been told by that if I support the primary of a Conservative Democrat or not caring if the lose that I don't care about the Democratic majority. Why is it any different the other way? That is my question.

I don't know, because I vote for the guy who's ideologically closest to me without regard to majorities.

I can understand and respect that.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 12:30:48 PM »

Anybody who endorsed Cruz want to take it back?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies