The Comedy Goldmine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 07:03:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Comedy Goldmine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 83
Author Topic: The Comedy Goldmine  (Read 248194 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: September 24, 2013, 02:48:30 AM »

So you went to a place to protest the will of the overwhelming majority? How progressive.

In case you haven't noticed, Occupy Wall Street lost.

Fixed

The same Occupy Wall Street that just prevented a war in Syria?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1351 on: September 24, 2013, 01:42:06 PM »

Bandit legend status:

Last week I went on a road trip, and I passed through King County TX, the county where only 5 people voted for Obama.

There wasn't a person (of any political persuasion) anywhere in sight. The county seat was a ghost town. But I Occupied the courthouse square...

http://www.angelfire.com/yt2/lastword/osay.html

Even the most right-wing county in America isn't safe from the Occupy coalition!
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1352 on: September 24, 2013, 04:33:36 PM »

"Gay marriage is something I've thought about at length as I've looked at my future."
-John Bolton
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1353 on: September 24, 2013, 05:16:58 PM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1354 on: September 24, 2013, 08:00:24 PM »

Virginia has seceded from the Confederacy.
Then why is McAuliffe leading in this poll?  It was Democrats who supported the Confederacy, after all.

For your perusal.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1355 on: September 24, 2013, 11:09:28 PM »

Context:

One of my favorites was the Christmas episode. I still get drunk and watch it every year.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1356 on: September 25, 2013, 12:45:52 AM »

From the same thread:

Winnie the Pooh is a Democrat, well meaning, but his love of hunny (i.e. tax dollars) leads him into trouble.

Piglet is the average voter. Interested in politics, but not set on any one particular idea or platform.

Kanga is the the average non-voter with no interest in politics.

Tigger is your Occupy Wall Street type.  Well meaning, but with no plans or reasoning ability and causing at least as much trouble as he solves.

Rabbit is a moderate Republican.  Always worried that others, especially Tigger and Gopher, will ruin his garden, but not a unkindly soul.

Owl is your typical Libertarian.  Full of grand ideas, but no common sense.

Eeyore is a Paulite.  He's certain everything is going to pieces.

Gopher is your typical Tea Party Republican.  He generally messes things up and has a unhealthy obsession with blowing things up.

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1357 on: September 25, 2013, 06:09:55 AM »

cc: Good Post Gallery

It's because we live in societies with shared responsibilities and not in libertarian lala land.

So you should naturally support legalization and use of ecstasy, other empathogens, and the psychedelics and dissociatives which lead to ego death and the erasure of these hyperindividualiatic libertarian wet dreams, no?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1358 on: September 25, 2013, 02:24:51 PM »

Bandit legend status:

Last week I went on a road trip, and I passed through King County TX, the county where only 5 people voted for Obama.

There wasn't a person (of any political persuasion) anywhere in sight. The county seat was a ghost town. But I Occupied the courthouse square...

http://www.angelfire.com/yt2/lastword/osay.html

Even the most right-wing county in America isn't safe from the Occupy coalition!

that is great.

bandit is a true legend.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1359 on: September 25, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »

Why do so many people have me on ignore? Should I stay off of the 2016 threads? Sad

I'm sad
It's okay barfy.  Some people just have very delicate sensibilities.

Nah, if anyone had delicate sensibilities he would have pointed out long ago the grammatical error in the thread's title.  The objective form of the personal pronoun, whom, would have been correct.

I think it has more to do with the volume and quality of the posts.  I know I make some long posts that people don't read, but my posts are infrequent, and therefore precious.  Like diamonds.  Too many meaningless posts and they become like pebbles that just get in your way.  Those whose intellectual capacities are not sufficient to overlook them will resort to the "ignore" feature.  You gotta go away once in a while.  Find something else to do.  Make friends.  Talk to real life people about stuff.  Anyone who posts every thought that occurs to him is bound to annoy. 

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1360 on: September 25, 2013, 06:44:30 PM »

In this thread: Banning  political parties? Sounds pretty FASCIST TO ME AM I RITE BROS? LOL

"I do not agree with you murdering your opponents, but I will fight to the death for your right to do it" - Voltaire. Freedom of speech - Google it.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1361 on: September 25, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »

Winnie the Pooh is a honey-addict. We never saw the drug deals going down in the Hundred Acre Wood, but Tigger, or TI-Double G- Er was the top dealer and Pooh bear was his main customer.
No, because you couldn't put that in a kids' series.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1362 on: September 25, 2013, 08:38:13 PM »

Winnie the Pooh is a honey-addict. We never saw the drug deals going down in the Hundred Acre Wood, but Tigger, or TI-Double G- Er was the top dealer and Pooh bear was his main customer.

Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1363 on: September 25, 2013, 09:19:16 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIncG-hyQBM

*to be fair adventure time isn't really a "kids' series", but it is in theory at least

*also here, since I'm 99.9999999% sure oldies has no idea what DMT is
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1364 on: September 25, 2013, 10:11:51 PM »

I'd hate to post myself, but since it's so old:

These guys need their own sitcom:

Romney-Dad
Bachman-Mom
Pawlenty and Santorum-Sons
Paul-Wacky Grandpa (Mitt's Dad)
Huntsman-Romney's Half-Brother (Same Mom, different Dad)
Cain- Wacky Neighbor
Gringrich-Other Neighbor

Obama-Laugh Track
Anyway, Obama won.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1365 on: September 26, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »

context:

20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1366 on: September 26, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »

Another great one:

My mom now thinks I am into black women because I revealed to her that I am into black gospel music
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1367 on: September 26, 2013, 06:29:22 PM »

What sort of raincoat does he own? I was just struck by the awful thought that (given his general lack of awareness as to what his look looks like) it might be a beige mac...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1368 on: September 27, 2013, 03:16:21 PM »

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1369 on: September 28, 2013, 01:38:31 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2013, 01:40:55 PM by Scott »

On barfbag:
i dont know.  he needs to post more for me to form an opinion one way or the other.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1370 on: September 28, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »

Please no Breaking Bad spoilers in this thread. I am a poor person with only Netflix. Sad
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1371 on: September 28, 2013, 05:02:22 PM »

Mechaman is as brilliant as always. Smiley

The writing is on the wall.

As much as the forum's contingent of naive and uneducated blue avatars masses would like to believe otherwise, the future belongs to the Democrats.  Despite election loss after election loss and being in a permanent minority status, Republicans continue to lie to themselves, just like they do on basic science.  Republicans will never win another election ever again, because voting trends are set in stone.  2014 will see a net gain of Democratic House and Senate seats and in 2016 the Democrats will win a filibuster proof Senate and over 270 House Seats when Hillary Clinton wins a massive 450 vote landslide.

So cry home to mama all you blue avatars.  Nobody wants to be your friend anyone.  By this time next decade you will be lucky to be competitive in Oklahoma when the GOP starts debating which day Adam and Eve rested.  People everywhere are seeing that Barack OBama is the greatest president in a generation and has brought back true liberalism to America.  So stop hiding behind corporatist hopes and dreams and put down that cigarette before you die of lung cancer, you shills.

WHy don't you just go ahead and concede the race?  That's what I would do at least if Ted Cruz was in my party.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1372 on: September 28, 2013, 05:44:54 PM »

Mechaman is as brilliant as always. Smiley

The writing is on the wall.

As much as the forum's contingent of naive and uneducated blue avatars masses would like to believe otherwise, the future belongs to the Democrats.  Despite election loss after election loss and being in a permanent minority status, Republicans continue to lie to themselves, just like they do on basic science.  Republicans will never win another election ever again, because voting trends are set in stone.  2014 will see a net gain of Democratic House and Senate seats and in 2016 the Democrats will win a filibuster proof Senate and over 270 House Seats when Hillary Clinton wins a massive 450 vote landslide.

So cry home to mama all you blue avatars.  Nobody wants to be your friend anyone.  By this time next decade you will be lucky to be competitive in Oklahoma when the GOP starts debating which day Adam and Eve rested.  People everywhere are seeing that Barack OBama is the greatest president in a generation and has brought back true liberalism to America.  So stop hiding behind corporatist hopes and dreams and put down that cigarette before you die of lung cancer, you shills.

WHy don't you just go ahead and concede the race?  That's what I would do at least if Ted Cruz was in my party.

I'm pretty sure someone else did exactly that same joke over a week ago.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1373 on: September 29, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »

I served with Lenin. I knew Lenin. Lenin was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Lenin.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1374 on: September 30, 2013, 11:29:38 PM »

For those who don't know where my username came from, I'm not completely crazy:

I’ve been looking around trying to find out if the Obamacare delay is for the rules, penalties and such, a delay in the funding or both. I mean, if you’re todays politician you take the money and say we just won’t enforce the rules for a year. Kind of like how immigration is handled.  In any of the events that the legislators narrowly agree on, tomorrow, Obama continues the transformation with his favorite human will killing drug sloth with or without citizen approval.

There are not many questions left for the why such a submissive Obama state must be imposed, when pre-Obama health was a known cost with remarkable results for the majority and charitable health care for the poor at a fraction of the cost than what Obama will serve, the question is, how can so many people know what Obama is serving up will be better for them?

Is it blind faith that a black man would never betray the poor, profit from having an advantage?

Is it because he is allegedly college educated, written law reviews never published?

Is it because he wanted revenge on the wealthy, especially if they were w%$#@ ones like Romney?

Why the trust?

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 83  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies