Paperwork Reduction Act of 2005 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:47:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Paperwork Reduction Act of 2005 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paperwork Reduction Act of 2005  (Read 3492 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« on: January 27, 2005, 02:48:01 AM »

I thought of an idea when I was AG because I agree that it is even worse now than it was then.

Basically all Bill proposals get emailed to the PPT/VP who introduces them onto the Senate floor in an orderly fashion (i.e. in chronological order) and instantly gives them debate time. That way there are never more than four bills on the floor under debate.

One of our main problems at the moment is that bills get debated almost entirely before they officially enter debate time since there is such a queue. Official debate time could be cut as a way to try to speed things up, but frankly I think an aggressive approach is needed, though very few Senators will be happy with my first idea.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 02:18:01 PM »

It should definitely be an SPR. The Senate doesn't need the permission of the President to change its procedures.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies