New PEI polling district maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:25:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  New PEI polling district maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New PEI polling district maps  (Read 6274 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: September 16, 2012, 04:57:44 PM »

Those are great maps!
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »

Interesting. Poll 10 of Charlottetown - Parkdale was the NDP's best poll in the province federally where they got a majority of votes. However, provincially they got just 16 votes. But, they did finish third, just 3 votes off the Tories. Poll 9 was the worst poll for the Tories federally, and provincially was at least the worst in the riding where they almost finished third (one vote more than the Greens).

Also, Poll 5 of Charlottetown - Brighton was the federal poll where I suspected an error in the tabulation. It happens to be the worst poll for the NDP provincially, but they still managed to get 8 votes whereas federally the data says they got just 1 vote. This reinforces my suspicion. Federally the poll is supposed to the Green's best on the island, but provincially it's not even their best in the riding.

How do you know which polls in the provincial data correspond to the federal ones?

There was a link on the Elections PEI website. I just took a look and couldn't find it, so I don't know if I was looking in the wrong place, or if they've taken it down, but the link went through to PDFs of each of the federal ridings, and saying which poll for that riding corresponded with which provincial riding/poll. I have a copy of it saved, if you're interested.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »

Interesting. I just did the poll extremes for PEI in the other thread. Provincially, things are a bit different, obviously. The best Green poll from the federal election corresponds to that lighter red area on the south shore. The best NDP areas are lighter red in Charlottetown.

I've found it fascinating that the past few elections, federally, the Conservatives have won in the Western end of the island, whereas provincially, the PCs have predominantly won in the Eastern end of the island. I don't know if that's just been the case the past couple of elections, whether it's coincidental, or whether there's a reason for it, but it's something that I've thought interesting.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 09:38:37 PM »

Charlottetown 57 equates to the provincial riding of Charlottetown-Brighton, poll number 1.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:05:02 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2012, 05:19:01 AM by Smid »

Very cool! I'm trying to remember if someone made something like that last year. Anyways, great stuff as always.

I should probably make a PEI page on my site to put all of these maps on them Smiley

The only one like that I've seen is your Saskatchewan 'federal vote by provincial riding' map on your website.

Also thanks for the demographic explanation of vote distribution throughout the island! That's always made me wonder!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies