Minnesota-PPP: Obama+7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:45:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Minnesota-PPP: Obama+7
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Minnesota-PPP: Obama+7  (Read 1577 times)
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 04:30:20 PM »

the party id of this poll is not so bad: D +3

It was D+4 in 2008

Problem is the oversampling of independents voters (33% in the poll and 25 % in 2008) but corrected, the result is +- the same.

Considering that the Minnesota Republican party has effectively ceased to exist, I wouldn't be surprised if Dem turnout were +5-7 on election day.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 04:33:04 PM »

It was D+4 in 2008

Problem is the oversampling of independents voters (33% in the poll and 25 % in 2008) but corrected, the result is +- the same.

Considering that the Minnesota Republican party has effectively ceased to exist, I wouldn't be surprised if Dem turnout were +5-7 on election day.

better than 2008... I tought that 2008 was historic....
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »

It was D+4 in 2008

Yes, since the Minnesota Republican party was actually organized in 2010: they had a senator and a governor. Now they have nothing and they are bankrupt so they will have no field operation. That will easily mean that Dems outperform on election day.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 06:49:26 PM »

It was D+4 in 2008

But Obama underperformed in Minnesota, and republicans had an interesting senate race to vote in. Oh, and the RNC took place in MN. And T-Paw was a loyal 'campaigner' here back in 2008.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 06:58:47 PM »

Surprisingly close. Figured this would be double digits.

I feel PPP has had a Republican lean the past few months. After all the SUSA poll showed Obama +10 and we know they have a terrible R bias there. I think Obama is probably ahead 10-12 right now and will probably win by ~15 on election day since he really underperformed there in 08. Plus Romney is a terrible fit for the state.

As pointed out, SUSA isn't a good pollster.  7 point for Obama on PPP is not good. 

That's not the point; the point is that SUSA is R-leaning in Minnesota and that PPP is R-leaning and this sample is R-leaning. Ergo, Obama is ahead by more than 7, probably 8-9 at the moment.

Remember, MN is a relatively inelastic state. However, trust me, once Romney completely collapses - Obama will win by 12-15.

You have got to be joking about PPP being R-leaning; it has a slight D-bias.  I would not rule out an outlier, but that raises some eyebrows.

SUSA is just a bad pollster, period.

Umm....no.

PPP had a R-bias in 2010 and they still have it. Other pollsters just have a stronger Republican bias.
How much more of a hack can you get?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 08:45:54 PM »

Can we all, Democrat, Republican, Independent, Libertarian, Constitutional, Green, everyone, stop accusing each other of trolling for a little bit.

Well, in this case, it is factual matter.  PPP is a good poll, but it has  a slight Democratic "house bias."  That doesn't mean it is a bad poll only that its results tend to be slightly more positive to the Democrats than reality. 

Either this poll is an outlier, one of those 1 in 20 polls that is off, or Obama is winning the state by less than 7 points.

You mean more positive than the average of polls...which is Republican-leaning...like in 2010...

No, I mean showing more strength to the Democrats, like in 2008.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies