MT: Public Policy Polling: Romney up five, three with Johnson (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:43:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MT: Public Policy Polling: Romney up five, three with Johnson (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT: Public Policy Polling: Romney up five, three with Johnson  (Read 3610 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« on: September 12, 2012, 04:10:11 PM »

Polling Gary Johnson in Montana but not New Mexico is quite funny.

The NM poll was paid for by a private client, and said client didn't want Gary Johnson included in the poll.

Hey, that's exactly what I was going to post.

By the way, Umengus, how can you be such a troll? You only post about the partisan ID of the polls you don't like. And even if they are accurate, you ignore the facts and continue claiming that the poll is biased. Please, next time think about it before posting:

Highly competitive senate election -----> Higher dem turnout in a GOP state / Higher GOP turnout in dem states.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 06:19:13 PM »

This poll confirms Montana's status as a tossup state.

R+5 during Obama's convention bounce simply confirms a state that will vote Romney in the upper single digits if he's losing and by double-digits if he's winning.

This isn't a convention bounce, its permanent. This poll was taken over the last two days and shows that the Romney campaign is tanking nationally. Obama is heading toward a double digit win nationally and that's why Montana remains a tossup.

Er, no, it's a convention bounce, a fairly weak one at that considering history, and one which considering some other recently released polling (O+11 in Washington, R+9 in Arizona) indicates is very likely already receding.

Short some sort of rally-round-the-flag cataclysm a la 9/11, Montana is safe for Romney.

Stop trolling. You know as well as I that the PPP polls recently have all been Republican-leaning recently because the company is trying to prove it's "neutral" which ironically convinces me that they've turned into Republican hacks.

How can you be such a troll with an Economic and social score of about -3? You are supposed to be a moderate democrat, who could vote for a moderate republican if the dem candidate is too liberal, with that E/S score.
PPP had a very, very, very small republican bias in 2010. But they are a good pollster, and, if any, they may have a slim dem bias (which I think they don't).
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 06:42:32 PM »

No one is trying to shut off your opinions. What I think  we're all confused by is your incessant use of the word "troll," especially when you seem to be the consenus troll of the forum. I notice how you don't address that hyposcrisy at all. Care to now?

I have NO problem with discussion and disagreement, but is it possible for you to make it more than 2 posts without dropping the "troll" bomb?

It is hard to not use that word when describing right-wingers who completely ignore data, facts, and the public consensus to merely aggravate the rest of the people on this forum.

The 2012 board has long run amok with right wingers who troll - see above definition. I have been recently more vocal in my objections to the hackishness of said posters so that they can understand that the vast majority of forumites don't appreciate what they have turned this discussion section into.

Even I, a hackish liberal with -6.5 E/S score, am tired of you, Mondale84. I'm surprised you are a moderate (-3 in the PoliticalMatrix). So, please, calm down, read the poll, believe what you want to and let the rest of the people share, politely, their opinions.

BTW, I think Montana will go for Romney by 6 to 8 points, so, IMO, this poll is more accurate than Rasmussen, which had Romney leading by 17.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies