America Has Chosen It's Strongest Leader
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:13:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  America Has Chosen It's Strongest Leader
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: America Has Chosen It's Strongest Leader  (Read 944 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2012, 10:16:20 PM »

According to a Yahoo poll of who would win in a fistfight, Obama buries Romney 58-22. I guess "Mr. No Appologies" isnt so tough after all.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/249315-poll-voters-think-obama-would-beat-romney-in-a-fistfight
Read the comments, Conservatives are up in arms over this.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 10:21:55 PM »

Game changer.
independent-lefty
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:25:50 PM »

Yeah, bro! Send in the "peace" drones! Tuff guy!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 10:31:12 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2012, 10:39:01 PM by Politico »

I've shook hands with both, and Obama is much skinnier and shorter in-person than you would suspect (I still doubt he's 6'1 and feel like he's 5'11, maybe 6'). Romney has a more masculine build, is probably about 6'2 or 6'2.5, and I suspect would clock Obama in a fist fight.

As for this poll, I'd suggest doing it again after the debates to see what happens.

Fun fact after doing a quick search on Romney's reported height (6'2):

"Since 1789, the taller candidates have triumphed in 58 percent of U.S. presidential elections, and what’s more, they’ve won the popular vote 67 percent of the time. There’s even a term for this phenomenon: “the Presidential height index.”"

Source: http://newsone.com/2015729/how-tall-is-romney/
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:26:08 AM »

Strongest leader? I wonder how he would stack up against Gerald Ford.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 12:53:44 AM »

Well, Andrew Jackson was probably the toughest fighter of any President.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 01:08:13 AM »

What about Teddy Roosevelt? He used to hunt elephants, explored the Amazon, and would drink up to a GALLON of coffee a day.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 01:11:37 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2012, 01:18:54 AM by Politico »

I think a boxing tournament of the presidents would produce a final match between Theodore Roosevelt and Gerald Ford, with the former winning. I mean, both survived a bullet, but Roosevelt continued and finished a speech after getting it. Even gangster rappers cannot say that!

Rounding out the final four is a toughy, but I'd go with Jackson and Grant.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 06:25:56 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2012, 06:32:12 AM by Snowstalker »

Well, Andrew Jackson was probably the toughest fighter of any President.

Nah, he needed a gun for his duels. Teddy could smash him any day. Washington in his prime would also be near the top, though by the end of his presidency he was an aged man.

Even if Romney is likely bigger and stronger than Obama, Obama would certainly be more agile, and his comparative youth likely wins it for him. The best comparison might be a TF2 fight between the Scout and the Soldier. Tongue
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 08:54:17 AM »

I mean, both survived a bullet, but Roosevelt continued and finished a speech after getting it. Even gangster rappers cannot say that!

Strikes me as an odd comment to make.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 09:43:38 AM »

You know who is America's strongest leader? Hulk Hogan. He's a real american. He fights for the rights of every man.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 10:41:45 AM »

Lol at the comments on that article "Obama's a sissy! He throws like a girl!"
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »

Romney is an old. I'd rather see Obama vs. Ryan in a fist-fight. Let Romney fight with Biden instead.
Link
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 11:51:38 AM »

I've shook hands with both, and Obama is much skinnier and shorter in-person than you would suspect (I still doubt he's 6'1 and feel like he's 5'11, maybe 6'). Romney has a more masculine build, is probably about 6'2 or 6'2.5, and I suspect would clock Obama in a fist fight.

As for this poll, I'd suggest doing it again after the debates to see what happens.

"Since 1789, the taller candidates have triumphed in 58 percent of U.S. presidential elections, and what’s more, they’ve won the popular vote 67 percent of the time. There’s even a term for this phenomenon: “the Presidential height index.”"

Disturbing.

Okay I know this thread was just supposed to be dumb fun... and your post certainly fulfilled the first part, but would you really bet on a pensioner vs a guy almost fifteen years his junior who works out?  Did you see that picture of Romney ducking the Vietnam war in France?

Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »

Disturbing.

Okay I know this thread was just supposed to be dumb fun... and your post certainly fulfilled the first part, but would you really bet on a pensioner vs a guy almost fifteen years his junior who works out?  Did you see that picture of Romney ducking the Vietnam war in France?

Romney has better genetics (e.g., Obama's parents died relatively young) and a healthier lifestyle (e.g., Obama only recently quit smoking), so I think it makes up for the age differential. If we're doing dumb fun where he contemplate a boxing tournament of the presidents, obviously we'd have to consider the hypothetical tournament being of the men in their prime (late 20s/early 30s).
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 05:36:30 PM »

Disturbing.

Romney has better genetics (e.g., Obama's parents died relatively young) and a healthier lifestyle (e.g., Obama only recently quit smoking), so I think it makes up for the age differential. If we're doing dumb fun where he contemplate a boxing tournament of the presidents, obviously we'd have to consider the hypothetical tournament being of the men in their prime (late 20s/early 30s).

Yes, Romney would knock-out Schwartzenegger, because, you know, he's perfect in every sense.
Marston
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 05:56:32 PM »

Disturbing.

Because dying in a car crash is genetically related, right?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »

Disturbing.

And his mom got cancer and had a hard time paying for health care. Not everyone has the money to live to be almost a hundred years old.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 07:22:06 PM »

Disturbing.

Fair enough. I heard that both of his parents died of cancer, and took that information at face value. I was unaware that his father died in a car crash (similar to Clinton, oddly enough).
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »

Disturbing.

And his mom got cancer and had a hard time paying for health care. Not everyone has the money [genetics] to live to be almost a hundred years old.

Fixed, as the family of Steve Jobs can attest to.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »

America needs a President who can create jobs, Romney, not a President, Obama, who smoked pot, drinks beer, and wants the nation to believe he's Mr. Tough Guy.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »

America needs a President who can create jobs, Romney, not a President, Obama, who smoked pot, drinks beer, and wants the nation to believe he's Mr. Tough Guy.

America needs a human being, not a robot.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 08:39:00 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2012, 08:41:06 AM by Just a little platypus of star quality »

Wow. This might just be the most non-self-aware hack post of the year so far.

...or pretty much any of the posts in this thread.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies