Obama will lose the election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:27:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama will lose the election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Obama will lose the election  (Read 23254 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2012, 12:25:45 AM »

You have those hack goggles fused so hard onto your eyes, you couldn't see through them even on a bright sunny 110F day in Arizona in the middle of July.
[/quote]

Yawn...who cares what you think? Certainly not me. Do yourself a favor and *calm down* pal.
[/quote]

It's the Democrats that in full panic mode.  I remember how they were convinced that Ryan was a terrible choice.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2012, 01:59:50 AM »

I spent a long time thinking Obama would prevail, but I'm starting to legitimately believe, like you, that Obama will lose reelection.

He needs some good news, and economic indications suggest he may not be getting a good jobs report before the election. Americans don't seem to be too big on either candidate - Obama's charismatic appeal back in 2008 won't exactly be there this time around, as he has an actual record, not just campaign promises and some Senate votes.

I pretty much agree with your assessment on how the election will go down, except I think Virginia will go for Romney. I expect Romney to be ahead by 1-2 points on election day and overall somewhat favored to win, similar to what I believe Bush was in 2004 (I was only 10, so my memory isn't great), but I believe a lot of states will narrowly break for him over the President.

"Likely voter" is the floor for President Obama, barring a late collapse.  You can be sure that the Obama campaign is going to do everything possible to get the D-leaning, not-so-likely voters registered and voting. There is just no untapped group of R-leaning voters in America.

Obama         332
Undecidable   52
Romney        150
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 03:46:12 AM »

I still feel Obama will lose the election. I know they had a more successful convention. However, the turnout he needs will not be there on Nov 6th. He will lose narrowly. In some states, he will lose by less than 1%. I think undecided voters will break for Romney 2-1.
Hoverbored123
Rookie
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 05:55:23 AM »

An Obama defeat is not a done deal, but neither is an Obama victory.

Interestingly, recent polls that have the President pulling ahead nationally also have Romney ahead in Virginia and especially North Carolina.  Compared the 2008, Obama will most likely lose ground.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »

We need to have to stickied threads one that says "Romney will win/Obama will lose" and the other should say "Obama will win/Romney will lose" so we can stop having pointless individual threads of why the first poster thinks his candidate will win.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »

I still feel Obama will lose the election. I know they had a more successful convention. However, the turnout he needs will not be there on Nov 6th. He will lose narrowly. In some states, he will lose by less than 1%. I think undecided voters will break for Romney 2-1.

There is not enough undecided voters to give Romney the win.

This one is all but over.....unless we get a major game changer.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2012, 12:11:16 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm an ex-republican. I am one of those who are feeling the squeeze. Yes, the economy is important, but there are things that are more important than the economy. Romney can do significant, long lasting damage to the United States with a Senate and a House in his favor. Obama, under gridlock, cannot.

ucscgaldamez

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2012, 02:58:10 AM »

I don't know what to think anymore. Polls point to an Obama win yet I get the sense that Republicans will have a higher than expected turnout in Ohio and Colorado. Before I was sure Obama would lose, now, I don't know what will happen.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2012, 06:34:49 AM »

Yea, I really don't know that Obama(incumbent) leading Romney(challenger)  48-47 is actually leading.  Also, the turnout model could well be closer to 2010 than to 2008 and the polls have been closer to 08... we will see. 
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2013, 10:29:54 PM »

Obama will lose!!!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2013, 04:14:49 PM »

Because this was soooo important to bump.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »

Yeah, this wasn't exactly mypalfish material.
Link
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »

I have been following the race closely and I have concluded that Romney will win the election unless some dramatic event unfolds and painting him as a rich plutocrat who doesn't relate to you will simply not cut it.

Lol.  Classic.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2013, 09:35:05 PM »

I have been following the race closely and I have concluded that Romney will win the election unless some dramatic event unfolds. and pPainting him as a rich plutocrat who doesn't relate to you will simply not cut it.

Lol.  Classic.
TYG HTH
DS0816
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2013, 02:18:52 PM »

Interesting.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies