MO-Sen (PPP): Akin in the lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:29:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO-Sen (PPP): Akin in the lead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MO-Sen (PPP): Akin in the lead  (Read 1910 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 01:29:21 PM »

R+9? I don't think so.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 01:31:38 PM »

PPP is using a likely voter model that doesn't weight for party ID (a fact which they are very upfront about). Comparing the party turnout in this poll to past exit polls is comparing apples and oranges - a likely voter model in August ≠ final turnout in November.

An argument that this poll is bad news for Akin is legitimate (I think it is bad news because the likely voter model will probably change between now and November) but to accuse PPP of intentionally messing with the numbers shows a lack of understanding about what this poll is showing.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »

PPP is using a likely voter model that doesn't weight for party ID (a fact which they are very upfront about). Comparing the party turnout in this poll to past exit polls is comparing apples and oranges - a likely voter model in August ≠ final turnout in November.

An argument that this poll is bad news for Akin is legitimate (I think it is bad news because the likely voter model will probably change between now and November) but to accuse PPP of intentionally messing with the numbers shows a lack of understanding about what this poll is showing.

Is what it is "showing" just a bad methodology?  And just why is this outfit with a somewhat Dem house effect, suddenly apparently crossing the River Styx? I have asked these questions. I am not yet satisfied with the answers so far.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 06:38:37 PM »

PPP also tweeted that they found Nixon up 9 and Romney up 10.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 06:58:28 PM »

Is what it is "showing" just a bad methodology?  And just why is this outfit with a somewhat Dem house effect, suddenly apparently crossing the River Styx? I have asked these questions. I am not yet satisfied with the answers so far.

It's only a bad methodology if what you're trying to see is what they "think" the results will be in November. PPP could weight these numbers to what they "think" the partisan makeup of the electorate will be in November. But that's not polling; that's electoral projection (also known as guessing) based on some data points.

If what you're trying to see is the current margin based upon voters who say today they're likely to vote in November - which is all this poll is - then it's exactly what PPP is offering.

As for why PPP's sample in particular got so much more Republican from their last poll of Missouri, this is the first time they've used a LV model in Missouri (their last poll was of RV's).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies