IA: Rasmussen: Romney leads in a close race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:43:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  IA: Rasmussen: Romney leads in a close race
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: IA: Rasmussen: Romney leads in a close race  (Read 1964 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 02:38:50 PM »

Great news for Mr. Romney.

Iowa Republicans are going to continue to generate new voters for election day.

Do you know something we don't? Roll Eyes

I know a lot of things that you don't, but that's hardly news to anyone, is it?

Contrary to Marokia's nonsensical rant, Iowa Republicans have been locating new voters and growing their sizable advantage in voter registration for months now. These voters are likely white and in any case furious at the current state of the Democratic party.

LOL, you say that as if it's something to be proud of.

Well if we can have black pride then why not white pride.

Well, honestly, if you distill the retarded, nazi, skinhead, master race rubbish, then it could just be accepted, as black pride is, as gay pride is, as aboriginal pride is.
Whites are, at least in New Zealand (and the US, and Europe), the majority. The idea of taking pride in being the member of a majority is perverse and inevitably leads to the oppression and/or mockery of minority groups.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 02:53:55 PM »

Contrary to Marokia's nonsensical rant, Iowa Republicans have been locating new voters and growing their sizable advantage in voter registration for months now. These voters are likely white and in any case furious at the current state of the Democratic party.

Well, honestly, if you distill the retarded, nazi, skinhead, master race rubbish, then it could just be accepted, as black pride is, as gay pride is, as aboriginal pride is.
Whites are, at least in New Zealand (and the US, and Europe), the majority. The idea of taking pride in being the member of a majority is perverse and inevitably leads to the oppression and/or mockery of minority groups.

Well, I still take pride in my identity. But that doesn't mean I see myself as superior to other  peoples.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 03:07:09 PM »

A lot of whites use this excuse to defend a white, ethnocentric world view (why isn't there a white history month???). And this is a really good way to explain how white pride coupled alongside minority pride is really a false equivalency. It just doesn't work the same way, and he's right, it invariably leads to the majority group's oppression of minorities.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 03:12:31 PM »

Ok, I really shouldn't derail a polling thread, so I'm signing off from this one.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 03:15:11 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2012, 03:36:10 PM by Nathan »

Why? And what do you mean by "current state"? Is the party too diverse for their tastes? Would they prefer it whiter and more male?

Why? Because these voters have decided that the Democratic party does not serve their interests and values and have, thus, left. As a result Iowa Democrats have been losing voter registration especially in the western half of the state.

I am sorry if this bothers you.

Does it not serve their interests and values because they would prefer it whiter and more male?

Out of curiosity, is there any actual evidence of Iowa Republicans converting Democratic voters rather than gaining from a stock of independents? Because I'm skeptical of that narrative, whereas the latter makes sense in this environment for a state like Iowa.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 03:54:12 PM »

Does it not serve their interests and values because they would prefer it whiter and more male?

Out of curiosity, is there any actual evidence of Iowa Republicans converting Democratic voters rather than gaining from a stock of independents? Because I'm skeptical of that narrative, whereas the latter makes sense in this environment for a state like Iowa.

I suppose it is quite difficult to say. A couple years ago, the voters of Iowa removed a trio of judges because those judges failed to uphold the values of the people.

Generally speaking for the first 6 months this year, many Democrats and Independents were removed from the voter rolls while very few Republicans were, perhaps due to death or moving to another state.

In the past few months, the Republicans have been better at consistently generating new voters than the Democrats. I truly doubt they are converting Democratic voters to Republican as it is probably extremely rare for that to happen anywhere. This is certainly much more comforting than 2008 when the Republicans could not find many new voters at all while the Democrats found tens of thousands of them over the course of the year (most of them at the start of the year through the springtime).

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies