CNN/ORC Poll: Obama 52; Romney 45
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:44:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CNN/ORC Poll: Obama 52; Romney 45
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CNN/ORC Poll: Obama 52; Romney 45  (Read 1507 times)
Ben Romney
Hillary2012
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 06:34:29 PM »

because it was of a friend!! I am sorry for that!!!
Craigo
Rookie
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 06:36:06 PM »

because it was of a friend!! I am sorry for that!!!

...Is your friend a pollster?

Doesn't pass the smell test, sorry.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 07:03:43 PM »

Dr. Scholl my data r the crosstabs of the pollsters and the party ID of Rasmussen which is the bets in the country! i think on election day it will be tied but from today it`s R+1
the same for the states poll of course!

Short answer: Your numbers are the numbers you would like to see, but aren't the ones in reality.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 07:08:53 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2012, 07:10:26 PM by KINGTHLAYER »

Hey guys I just called my sister and mother, and based on this porfessionally administered poll I can predict that Obama is leading by 12 points nationally, and that Utah is "lean Obama".

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT QUESTIONING ME
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 07:27:03 PM »

Plausible. Romney is getting demolished in the minority vote. Thankfully that won't affect the House too much because the minority vote is quarantined.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 07:53:20 PM »

Yes, thankfully it's... "quarantined."
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 09:09:32 PM »

Plausible. Romney is getting demolished in the minority vote. Thankfully that won't affect the House too much because the minority vote is quarantined.

What???
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 09:11:06 PM »

Lets return the favor by putting this hack on ignore.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 09:42:37 PM »

That means that the minority  vote is gerrymandered so that it is concentrated in a few sure=thing districts (that will go 75% or so for the Democrat) so that far more districts can go 57-43 for the Republican.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 09:52:06 PM »

I'm fully convinced that the majority-minority aspects of the VRA need to be stricken down. It's as if LBJ's racist self planned for this.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 09:55:29 PM »

That means that the minority  vote is gerrymandered so that it is concentrated in a few sure=thing districts (that will go 75% or so for the Democrat) so that far more districts can go 57-43 for the Republican.

Yes, it does. See North Carolina, South Carolina, to name 2, which are drawn to enact 4 Democratic districts, and 16 Republican ones at 57-43 or so.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 10:01:15 PM »

I'm all for striking down majority-minority districts, they are only being abused for partisan reasons now and it's becoming more problematic than helpful. One party needs those districts more than the other. Strike it down and see who gets quarantined then.

Lets return the favor by putting this hack on ignore.

You are so right.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 12:56:45 AM »

Yes, it does. See North Carolina, South Carolina, to name 2, which are drawn to enact 4 Democratic districts, and 16 Republican ones at 57-43 or so.

Actually, in South Carolina, without a majority-minority 6th district, then instead of 5 safe GOP, 1 lean GOP, and 1 ubersafe Dem district, we'd have 2 or 3 safe GOP districts with the rest being lean GOP.  Absent VRA, we'd have gone 6-0 GOP in 2010 and be likely to go 7-0 GOP this year.  However, with more competitive seats, it's probable that the GOP would be forced to moderate a bit.  Of course if you'd rather have a more ideologically driven GOP, then this leaving of obtainable seats to the Dems may be just what you want.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 02:03:03 AM »

Actually, in South Carolina, without a majority-minority 6th district, then instead of 5 safe GOP, 1 lean GOP, and 1 ubersafe Dem district, we'd have 2 or 3 safe GOP districts with the rest being lean GOP.  Absent VRA, we'd have gone 6-0 GOP in 2010 and be likely to go 7-0 GOP this year.  However, with more competitive seats, it's probable that the GOP would be forced to moderate a bit.  Of course if you'd rather have a more ideologically driven GOP, then this leaving of obtainable seats to the Dems may be just what you want.

Agreed. If anything we need to reform the VRA to require non-partisan drawn compact districts.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies