Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:42:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 87
Author Topic: Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person  (Read 204590 times)
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: May 31, 2021, 03:27:51 AM »

A lot of people who fit that sort of description are positively awful, though I'm not saying that applies to this person, I thought it might be you or a friend. He reminds me of those awful uni Conservative club types who go rowing and debate euthanasia.

I'm going to ignore his interests and his drug use for this and say he's a fairly standard Democrat, his interest in history and politics doesn't make him that ideological as applies to many of these people even if they are wealthy. Though he could be a Made in Chelsea type Republican (excuse the reference, I don't know any equiv US shows).

Again, this is based off a real person:

Race/Ethnicity: White, Irish
Religion: Goes to a Catholic Church, is not a Catholic
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Relationship Status: Married
Education: Highly skilled manual worker training qualifications
Current Location: Nassau Co., NY
Hometown: Nassau Co., NY
Interests: Transportation, old buildings, American heritage, travel, baseball.
Other: Despite his manual worker job he eventually earned enough to go travelling round the world. His wife is Asian.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #1801 on: May 31, 2021, 05:22:08 AM »

A lot of people who fit that sort of description are positively awful, though I'm not saying that applies to this person, I thought it might be you or a friend. He reminds me of those awful uni Conservative club types who go rowing and debate euthanasia.

I'm going to ignore his interests and his drug use for this and say he's a fairly standard Democrat, his interest in history and politics doesn't make him that ideological as applies to many of these people even if they are wealthy. Though he could be a Made in Chelsea type Republican (excuse the reference, I don't know any equiv US shows).

Other: Despite his manual worker job he eventually earned enough to go travelling round the world. His wife is Asian.

Fairly standard Long Island Republican who resents taxes, illegal immigrants, and crime while being strongly patriotic. Indifferent on a few social issues such as abortion and moderate on unions as well as some social insurance programs like Social Security or Medicare due to his blue-collar background. Somewhat prejudiced against blacks, Latinos, and especially Muslims due to 9/11. Was born to a family of working-class Irish-American Democrats but has generally voted Republican for national elections for most of his life with a Perot vote in 1992 being a notable exception. He sometimes votes for Democrats at the state and local levels such as Chuck Schumer or Mario Cuomo. Was a strong Trump supporter from the primaries onwards though he doesn't subscribe to election fraud conspiracy theories. Has met Peter King several times and even contributed money to NORAID during the 1980s.

Reusing this person mostly to see if someone can actually guess which literary character he is based off of.

Race: White (English)
Residence/Hometown: London, UK
Religion: Agnostic (Culturally Anglican)
Relationship Status: Married (previously married and divorced another woman), no children
Profession: Retired (previously worked for the Times of London’s Fact-Checking Department , then for Oxford University Press on dictionaries)
Education: Bachelor and Master’s in English Literature
Income: 35,000 pounds a year
Interests: Collecting antiques, writing, philology, literature, politics, chess, calisthenics, gardening, outings to the countryside
Other: -Used to be a somewhat heavy drinker in middle age, especially fond of gin though he eventually kicked the habit and only drinks socially now
-His second wife is considerably younger, who he met at his Times job
-Has some (understated) misogynistic tendencies

beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #1802 on: May 31, 2021, 06:49:56 AM »

Fairly standard Long Island Republican who resents taxes, illegal immigrants, and crime while being strongly patriotic. Indifferent on a few social issues such as abortion and moderate on unions as well as some social insurance programs like Social Security or Medicare due to his blue-collar background. Somewhat prejudiced against blacks, Latinos, and especially Muslims due to 9/11. Was born to a family of working-class Irish-American Democrats but has generally voted Republican for national elections for most of his life with a Perot vote in 1992 being a notable exception. He sometimes votes for Democrats at the state and local levels such as Chuck Schumer or Mario Cuomo. Was a strong Trump supporter from the primaries onwards though he doesn't subscribe to election fraud conspiracy theories. Has met Peter King several times and even contributed money to NORAID during the 1980s.

[/quote]

Fyi, I think you were right for the stereotype, but the person I know who fits this description is a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat.

SKIP - see the post above mine.
WindowPhil
United States
« Reply #1803 on: May 31, 2021, 10:07:54 AM »

Reusing this person mostly to see if someone can actually guess which literary character he is based off of.

Residence/Hometown: London, UK
Religion: Agnostic (Culturally Anglican)
Relationship Status: Married (previously married and divorced another woman), no children
Profession: Retired (previously worked for the Times of London’s Fact-Checking Department , then for Oxford University Press on dictionaries)
Education: Bachelor and Master’s in English Literature
Income: 35,000 pounds a year
Interests: Collecting antiques, writing, philology, literature, politics, chess, calisthenics, gardening, outings to the countryside
Other: -Used to be a somewhat heavy drinker in middle age, especially fond of gin though he eventually kicked the habit and only drinks socially now
-His second wife is considerably younger, who he met at his Times job
-Has some (understated) misogynistic tendencies

Sounds like someone from Downton Abbey. Guessing he's a Tory Voter.

Race/ethnicity: white (German and Norwegian)
Religion: Attends a Nondenominational Evangelical Megachurch weekly.
Marital Status: Married to a wife. Has a 21 year old son living at home.
Income: 77K a year. Wife works as a receptionist for a hair salon and earns 25K a year. For a total combined family salary of 102K a year.
Hometown: Roseville, Minnesota (Inner suburb close to the city limits of both Minneapolis and Saint Paul)
Current Location: Ramsey, Minnesota (Exurban Suburb 22 miles north-northwest of downtown Minneapolis)
Interests: Hunting, Fishing, working on home improvements, watching the "Big 4" men's professional sports (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA), Watching action movies (Die Hard, The Fugitive, Taken, Etc) Listening to 1970s and 1980s classic rock (Journey, Queen, Bon Jovi, Etc).
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #1804 on: June 01, 2021, 08:45:07 AM »

Lifelong Republican because of evangelical faith but has become increasingly dejected from the party in the Trump era. Supported Kasich in 2016 primary and held nose for Trump in general (because Minnesota was close) in 2020 voted for Biden but Republican downballot.

Race/ethnicity: white (German and Norwegian)
Religion: Raised evangelical, now considers self agnostic
Education: Undergrad at University of Minnesota, Audio Engineering major
Hometown/Current Location: Ramsay, Minnesota (commutes in to school)
Relationship Status: Single
Interests: Music, Movies, Underground Comics, art, animals, video games
Other: Is son of previous character (if that wasn't already obvious)

Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #1805 on: June 01, 2021, 12:36:08 PM »

It was actually supposed to be a modern day version of a young JFK

SKIP
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1806 on: June 02, 2021, 08:00:16 AM »

The last character sounds like someone who sympathized with Republicans while growing up because of the family environment, but has probably stopped doing so. I would say he has a fairly liberal worldview but is not particularly political and voted Democrats out of a dislike of Trump and his brand of politics - if he even voted.

Next:
Gender - Male
Age - 24
Ethnicity - Pakistani
Religion - Sunni Muslim
Relationship status - Single, probably not interested in one
Hometown - Rockford, Illinois
Current location - Rockford, Illinois
Education - Undergraduate degree in meteorology
Occupation - Graduate student (still in meteorology)
Interests and hobbies - Religion, Urdu literature, ornithology
Other - Very unconcerned with pop culture. Is attracted by strong, assertive personalities.
WindowPhil
United States
« Reply #1807 on: June 02, 2021, 09:09:19 AM »

The last character sounds like someone who sympathized with Republicans while growing up because of the family environment, but has probably stopped doing so. I would say he has a fairly liberal worldview but is not particularly political and voted Democrats out of a dislike of Trump and his brand of politics - if he even voted.

Next:
Gender - Male
Age - 24
Ethnicity - Pakistani
Religion - Sunni Muslim
Other - Very unconcerned with pop culture. Is attracted by strong, assertive personalities.

Turned off by the Republicans due to Islamophobia and climate change denial. Supports non-establishment Democrats with "bold ideas" like Sanders or Yang.

Race/Ethnicity: white (German and English)
Religion: Raised Evangelical, but doesn't care about religion and considers themselves Agnostic.
Marital Status: Unmarried, and doesn't plan on marrying soon.
Occupation: Recently graduated college and landed an entry level white collar job.
Income: 40K a year.
Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Current Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Interests: Watching Twitch Streamers. Playing the video game "Rocket League". Talking with people in Discord servers. Browsing Reddit and Twitter. Hiking. Biking. Jogging. Photography. Travel. Listening to music (favorite artists are Death Grips, Oliver Tree, Gorillaz, Run the Jewels, and Bring me the Horizon). Watching TV (favorite shows are The Expanse, Bobs Burgers, Attack on Titan, Saturday Night Live, South Park, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) Drinks Alcohol in moderation and smokes (legal) Marijuana in moderation.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1808 on: June 02, 2021, 03:30:41 PM »

Next:
Gender - Male
Age - 24
Ethnicity - Pakistani
Religion - Sunni Muslim

Turned off by the Republicans due to Islamophobia and climate change denial. Supports non-establishment Democrats with "bold ideas" like Sanders or Yang.

Religion: Raised Evangelical, but doesn't care about religion and considers themselves Agnostic.
Occupation: Recently graduated college and landed an entry level white collar job.
Interests: Watching Twitch Streamers. Playing the video game "Rocket League". Talking with people in Discord servers. Browsing Reddit and Twitter. Hiking. Biking. Jogging. Photography. Travel. Listening to music (favorite artists are Death Grips, Oliver Tree, Gorillaz, Run the Jewels, and Bring me the Horizon). Watching TV (favorite shows are The Expanse, Bobs Burgers, Attack on Titan, Saturday Night Live, South Park, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) Drinks Alcohol in moderation and smokes (legal) Marijuana in moderation.

Doesn't seem very political but I think given his age and college education, he doesn't like Trump and has mostly centre-left views (though he dislikes excessively "woke" people). Voted for Bernie Sanders in the primaries because he seemed "cool" and Biden in the general.

Gonna do an international edition.

Race: White (French)
Residence: Nice, France
Hometown: Paris, France
Religion: Roman Catholic (attends Mass occasionally)
Relationship Status: Married, two children and four grandchildren
Profession: Retired, formerly a pop star and singer as detailed below
Education: Secondary school diploma
Income: 100,000 Euros/year
Interests: Music (Classical, Chanson music, and 50/60s European pop), Painting, Art History, Archaeology, Classical and French Literature, Cooking, Sailing, Tennis, Traveling
Other: -Was a famous "Ye-Ye girl" and pop singer in the 1960s, selling enormous numbers of records and being beloved by fans to this day, Especially popular in the United States, Germany, Japan, and South Korea in addition to her native France.
-Father (now deceased) was a civil servant who collaborated with the Nazis in the Vichy regime which provoked a minor scandal when revealed in the 1980s

WindowPhil
United States
« Reply #1809 on: June 03, 2021, 07:12:34 PM »

Next:
Gender - Male
Age - 24
Ethnicity - Pakistani
Religion - Sunni Muslim

Doesn't seem very political but I think given his age and college education, he doesn't like Trump and has mostly centre-left views (though he dislikes excessively "woke" people). Voted for Bernie Sanders in the primaries because he seemed "cool" and Biden in the general.

Gonna do an international edition.

Race: White (French)
Residence: Nice, France
Hometown: Paris, France
Religion: Roman Catholic (attends Mass occasionally)
Relationship Status: Married, two children and four grandchildren
Profession: Retired, formerly a pop star and singer as detailed below
Education: Secondary school diploma
Income: 100,000 Euros/year
Interests: Music (Classical, Chanson music, and 50/60s European pop), Painting, Art History, Archaeology, Classical and French Literature, Cooking, Sailing, Tennis, Traveling
Other: -Was a famous "Ye-Ye girl" and pop singer in the 1960s, selling enormous numbers of records and being beloved by fans to this day, Especially popular in the United States, Germany, Japan, and South Korea in addition to her native France.
-Father (now deceased) was a civil servant who collaborated with the Nazis in the Vichy regime which provoked a minor scandal when revealed in the 1980s

Les Républicains voter nowadays, but voted for a wide variety of parties throughout her life.

Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic (Born and Raised in Mexico, immigrated to the United States in 2003 at the age of 29)
Religion: Raised Catholic, converted to Evangelical Protestantism in 2004 at the age of 30.
Marital Status: Married. Has an 11 year old daughter.
Income: 50K a year. Sole household breadwinner.
Hometown: Guadalajara, Mexico
Current Location: Exurb of Columbus, Ohio.
Interests: Driving his pickup truck. Shooting his gun collection. Listening to 80s rock and country music. Watching action movies. Grilling steaks. Drinking beer. Weightlifting. Hunting. Fishing. Teaching his daughter about her Mexican heritage and the American women's suffrage movement. Watching the NFL and MLB. Watching the Comedians Carlos Mencia and Jeff Dunham.
Other facts: Anglicized his name from Javier to Ricky. Refers to his wife as "My blonde, beautiful, American Dream". Refuses to refer to his Transgender Niece by her new name and pronouns. Has told his gay neighbor on more than one occasion that "he doesn't know what he's missing out on with women,". Doesn't own a smartphone and is proud of it. Brags about having "all the cable channels" in the age of cord cutting. Has a huge interest in Hawaiian culture despite not having any connection to Hawaii. Proud of having not taught his daughter Spanish because she's "an American first and foremost".

wimp
themiddleman
« Reply #1810 on: June 03, 2021, 07:31:17 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2021, 08:00:21 PM by stupid »

Race/Ethnicity: Hispanic (Born and Raised in Mexico, immigrated to the United States in 2003 at the age of 29)
Religion: Raised Catholic, converted to Evangelical Protestantism in 2004 at the age of 30.
Marital Status: Married. Has an 11 year old daughter.
Income: 50K a year. Sole household breadwinner.
Hometown: Guadalajara, Mexico
Current Location: Exurb of Columbus, Ohio.
Interests: Driving his pickup truck. Shooting his gun collection. Listening to 80s rock and country music. Watching action movies. Grilling steaks. Drinking beer. Weightlifting. Hunting. Fishing. Teaching his daughter about her Mexican heritage and the American women's suffrage movement. Watching the NFL and MLB. Watching the Comedians Carlos Mencia and Jeff Dunham.
Other facts: Anglicized his name from Javier to Ricky. Refers to his wife as "My blonde, beautiful, American Dream". Refuses to refer to his Transgender Niece by her new name and pronouns. Has told his gay neighbor on more than one occasion that "he doesn't know what he's missing out on with women,". Doesn't own a smartphone and is proud of it. Brags about having "all the cable channels" in the age of cord cutting. Has a huge interest in Hawaiian culture despite not having any connection to Hawaii. Proud of having not taught his daughter Spanish because she's "an American first and foremost".

Sounds like a conservative civnat who deeply despises illegal immigrants (whether he himself is legal or not). Supported Cruz in 2016, but MAGA since.

Race/Ethnicity: White (WASP and French Canadian)
Religion: Agnostic, culturally Mainline Protestant
Relationship status: In an online relationship
Orientation: Straight
Occupation: Cashier at his family's gun shop; is host of a YouTube channel where he reviews cheeses and ice creams
Income: Middle class
Hometown/current location: Nashua, New Hampshire
Interests: Cartoons, cross dressing, dairy products
Other facts: Has high-functioning autism and ADHD
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #1811 on: June 05, 2021, 08:52:57 AM »

Kind of a default Republican because of his gun shop employment and hostility to lockdowns (because they're bad for business) and voted for Trump but not particularly political.

Here's a fictional character that might be relatively easy to guess:

Race/Ethnicity: French
Religion: Catholic (though not particularly devout for reasons explained below)
Marital Status: Single/Never Married
Education Level: University Graduate
Hometown/Current Location: Paris, France
Interests: Has a single minded obsession with capturing a particular suspect that escaped justice years ago and is now a moderately successful politician who is also modestly wealthy. Is extremely by the books and legalistic and believes the law to be more sacred then anything including religion. The one exception to his by the books approach to policing is capturing the suspect, he is willing to break any law or cut any corner to achieve that goal. 

WindowPhil
United States
« Reply #1812 on: June 05, 2021, 09:33:07 AM »

Kind of a default Republican because of his gun shop employment and hostility to lockdowns (because they're bad for business) and voted for Trump but not particularly political.

Here's a fictional character that might be relatively easy to guess:

Race/Ethnicity: French
Religion: Catholic (though not particularly devout for reasons explained below)
Marital Status: Single/Never Married
Education Level: University Graduate
Hometown/Current Location: Paris, France
Interests: Has a single minded obsession with capturing a particular suspect that escaped justice years ago and is now a moderately successful politician who is also modestly wealthy. Is extremely by the books and legalistic and believes the law to be more sacred then anything including religion. The one exception to his by the books approach to policing is capturing the suspect, he is willing to break any law or cut any corner to achieve that goal. 

Marine Le Pen voter due to her party's "tough on crime" stance.

Race/Ethnicity: white (German)
Religion: Attends an Assemblies of God church monthly.
Marital Status: Married to her Husband
Income: $13000-15000 a year depending on the hours she gets. Her husband works for a landscaping business (which specializes in Stump Grinding) and makes $35000 a year.
Hometown and Current Location: Nisswa, Minnesota (rural town in central Minnesota)
Interests: Using Facebook, Smoking Cigarettes, Watching the shows Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant, Listening to country music, cooking venison and grouse that her husband hunts and fish that he fishes.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1813 on: June 05, 2021, 03:22:27 PM »

Income: $13000-15000 a year depending on the hours she gets. Her husband works for a landscaping business (which specializes in Stump Grinding) and makes $35000 a year.
Hometown and Current Location: Nisswa, Minnesota (rural town in central Minnesota)
Interests: Using Facebook, Smoking Cigarettes, Watching the shows Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant, Listening to country music, cooking venison and grouse that her husband hunts and fish that he fishes.

Supported Obama in 2008 and 2012 (or possibly supported Romney in 2012), for Trump in 2016 and 2020. Working class white voters, and poorly educated white voters, are the most common Obama/Trump demographic.

What about this person?
Race: White
Education: Master's degree
Income: $95,000 per year
Married: No

Would they vote for Obama or Romney? Trump or Clinton? Trump or Biden?
WindowPhil
United States
« Reply #1814 on: June 05, 2021, 06:06:53 PM »

Supported Obama in 2008 and 2012 (or possibly supported Romney in 2012), for Trump in 2016 and 2020. Working class white voters, and poorly educated white voters, are the most common Obama/Trump demographic.

What about this person?

Romney-Clinton-Biden voter. Classic "Suburban Moderate". Voted GOP until Trump because of Taxes, but was turned off by Trump's rhetoric.

Here's a Canadian.

Race/Ethnicity: white (Irish, Scottish)
Religion: Catholic (attends mass weekly)
Marital Status: Married to Wife of 25 years. Has a 17 year old son.
Income: CA$70K a year. Wife works for the RCMP and earns CA$100K a year.
Hometown: Windsor, Ontario
Current Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Interests: Watching the NHL, Watching the CFL, Traveling to Cuba, going out to craft breweries, listening to music (favorite bands are The Tragically Hip, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, and The Barenaked Ladies), watching TV (favorite shows are Letterkenny, Amazing Race Canada, The Simpsons, and NCIS)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1815 on: June 05, 2021, 09:47:05 PM »

What about this person?

Romney-Clinton-Biden voter. Classic "Suburban Moderate". Voted GOP until Trump because of Taxes, but was turned off by Trump's rhetoric.

Here's a Canadian.

Race/Ethnicity: white (Irish, Scottish)
Religion: Catholic (attends mass weekly)
Marital Status: Married to Wife of 25 years. Has a 17 year old son.
Income: CA$70K a year. Wife works for the RCMP and earns CA$100K a year.
Hometown: Windsor, Ontario
Current Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Interests: Watching the NHL, Watching the CFL, Traveling to Cuba, going out to craft breweries, listening to music (favorite bands are The Tragically Hip, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, and The Barenaked Ladies), watching TV (favorite shows are Letterkenny, Amazing Race Canada, The Simpsons, and NCIS)

Mostly votes for Tories at both the federal and provincial levels. Did vote for Liberals in the 1990s when the PC collapsed though.

Race: White (Polish, Czech, German)
Residence/Hometown: Sterling Heights, Michigan
Religion: Roman Catholic (attends Mass weekly)
Profession: Bookstore employee
Education: BA in Fine Arts
Income: 12,000 Dollars/year
Interests: Anime/Cartoons, Illustration, Cooking, Sci-Fi/Horror Literature, Classic Films, Model painting, J-Pop/K-Pop, Video Games
Other: -Very intelligent but also fairly autistic, still lives with parents and has only a few close friends, has not been in a relationship before
-Father was a GM employee and UAW union steward before being laid off in the early 1990s, mother was a nurse, both are retired now and in their early 70s
-One of the few "weebs" at her school when she was in high school
James Monroe

« Reply #1816 on: June 06, 2021, 04:37:12 PM »

She would lean towards Democrats through an old school Catholic approach to issues. While she's pro-life she is for same-sex marriage and doesn't have the time for the conservative movement in America. Supported Biden in the primary and election.

Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian(Italian/German)
Religion: Atheist
Martial Status: Single
Income: $45,000
Hometown: Dover, Delaware
Interests: Exercising, yoga, watching movies, talking with friends.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1817 on: June 08, 2021, 10:39:26 PM »

I'm pretty sure this guy is you, so brunch lib Democrat.

Race/ethnicity: Mizrahi Jew
Religion: The synagogue she doesn't go to is Orthodox
Sexual orientation: Bisexual
Marital status: Single
Hometown: Mevaseret Zion
Current location: Jerusalem
Interests: Writing, food and drink, exercise (especially cardio), guns and ammo, history. A fan of homegrown Israeli pop acts like Ninet Tayeb and Ivri Lider.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1818 on: June 08, 2021, 11:18:21 PM »

I'm pretty sure this guy is you, so brunch lib Democrat.

Race/ethnicity: Mizrahi Jew
Religion: The synagogue she doesn't go to is Orthodox
Sexual orientation: Bisexual
Marital status: Single
Hometown: Mevaseret Zion
Current location: Jerusalem
Interests: Writing, food and drink, exercise (especially cardio), guns and ammo, history. A fan of homegrown Israeli pop acts like Ninet Tayeb and Ivri Lider.

Mizrahi background+nominally religious suggests she's a Likud voter. Probably thinks Netanyahu is a bit corrupt but thinks his government has generally been good for Israel.

Race: White (English, Scotch-Irish)
Residence: Placentia, California
Hometown: Inglewood, California
Religion: Methodist (almost never goes to church)
Relationship Status: Divorced, no children
Profession: Comic book store owner
Education: BA in Business
Income: 45,000 dollars/year
Interests: Comic books (especially Silver Age and Eighties works), action figures, classic film, rock music, stamp and coin collecting
Other:-Hates Amazon for undermining small bookstores like his own, though he sometimes shops there himself
-Overindulges in junk food and alcohol, especially since his divorce in 2003 and occasionally considered a pervert for staring at attractive female customers though he's never been accused of sexual harassment
-Owns a firearm though he almost never practices at the range
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1819 on: June 09, 2021, 01:00:13 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2021, 03:15:19 PM by Make Politics Boring Again »

Race: Chinese, Cantonese
Residence: San Mateo, California
Hometown: Hong Kong
Religion: occasionally attends a Chinese immigrant-run Baptist church
Relationship Status: Married, with one 6-year-old daughter
Profession: Accountant for a tech company
Income: 90,000
Interests: Japanese Manga, action movies, hiking on trails
Other: Wasn't particularly politically engaged until the late 2010s and saw the writing on the wall in his home town. Decided to emigrate out of a combination of push and pull factors. He's still not a US citizen.

EDIT: For the previous person, Obama Trump voter. His occupation is rather eccentric. His demographics and life experiences suggest some cultural grievances. His modest income indicates he feels let down financially as well.
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1820 on: June 11, 2021, 07:07:24 AM »

Other: Wasn't particularly politically engaged until the late 2010s and saw the writing on the wall in his home town. Decided to emigrate out of a combination of push and pull factors. He's still not a US citizen.

EDIT: For the previous person, Obama Trump voter. His occupation is rather eccentric. His demographics and life experiences suggest some cultural grievances. His modest income indicates he feels let down financially as well.

Democrat, but the sort of person the Republicans should be going after (and have seen some recent gains with).

Sex: Male
Relationship status: Married with no children
Residence: Royal Tunbridge Wells
Religion: Practising Anglican
Profession: Retired army colonel
Income: Healthy army pension
Interests: Military and local history, stamp collection, moaning, writing letters to newspapers
Other: politically engaged, always has been.

(can you work out what this is a reference to?)

H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1821 on: June 11, 2021, 03:33:02 PM »

Democrat, but the sort of person the Republicans should be going after (and have seen some recent gains with).

Interests: Military and local history, stamp collection, moaning, writing letters to newspapers

Colonel Blimp? Definitely a safe Tory voter with strongly Eurosceptic views though.

Another literary character:

Residence/Hometown: London, United Kingdom
Religion: Anglican (attends services weekly)
Relationship Status: Married, three children and six grandchildren
Profession: Retired (formerly a journalist and author)
Education: Bachelor's in English Literature
Income: 50,000 pounds/year
Interests: Theology, archery, literature, antiquarianism, current events, cooking, writing, history, geopolitics, linguistics
Other:-Lost her siblings and parents in a train accident as a young woman, which also had the effect of making her much more religiously devout
-Was an international correspondent for the Guardian and famed for being a female pioneer in journalism. Even after her retirement, frequently appeared on BBC and other TV channels to give her opinion on current events.
-Popular for writing books of autobiographical reminiscences of her youth that is interweaved with fantasy stories that she and her siblings acted out
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1822 on: June 11, 2021, 03:39:19 PM »

Colonel Blimp? Definitely a safe Tory voter with strongly Eurosceptic views though.

Haha. No, it was intended to be Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells; though Colonel Blimp would fit the mould. Staunch Tory obviously, though criticises Boris from the right (and doesn’t like his scruffiness and so on).

Quote from: Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells
SIR – Being present at the unveiling of the plaque on Thursday last week on the Pantiles, I was surprised when the National Anthem was played to see that in a place like Tunbridge Wells, which is noted for its loyalty and calls itself "Royal", there should be people who refused to remove their hats. Are such people Communists? If they are, Tunbridge Wells should be no place for such as they. We can do without them.

-skip-
Starmerite2024
Rookie

« Reply #1823 on: June 13, 2021, 07:12:20 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2021, 07:27:33 PM by Starmerite2024 »

Sorry about that

From the looks of it, she's someone who voted Tory until Brexit when she became too disgusted with the party and voted Lib Dem the past two elections

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Hometown: Bolton, England
Religion: Agnostic
Occupation: Administrative Assistant in an estate agents/realtor's office for the Americans
Education: BA in Business Management with Marketing
Income: £13,200 per year
Interests: Football, Binge drinking, Collecting Football Shirts, Travelling, Reddit, Wrestling, Junk Food, Pornography, Conspiracy theories, alternative music (mainly Nirvana, REM, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Bloc Party)

Other:

anti woke culture
against COVID restrictions but pro vaccine
Is considered to be a "weirdo" by women
likes to make dark jokes
Used to be in a post hardcore band in sixth form until he left for uni
Believes that China intentionally released the COVID virus
Pro legalisation of cannabis
Suffers from depression and has considered suicide multiple times
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1824 on: June 13, 2021, 07:17:25 PM »

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Hometown: Bolton, England
Religion: Agnostic
Occupation: Administrative Assistant in an estate agents/realtor's office for the Americans
Education: BA in Business Management with Marketing
Income: £13,200 per year
Interests: Football, Binge drinking, Collecting Football Shirts, Travelling, Reddit, Wrestling, Junk Food, Pornography, Conspiracy theories, alternative music (mainly Nirvana, REM, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Bloc Party)

Other:

anti woke culture
against COVID restrictions but pro vaccine
Is considered to be a "weirdo" by women
likes to make dark jokes
Used to be in a post hardcore band in sixth form until he left for uni
Believes that China intentionally released the COVID virus
Pro legalisation of cannabis
Suffers from depression and has considered suicide multiple times

Might be unclear from Geoffrey Howe's response but mine wasn't answered btw.

SKIP
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 87  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies