Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:12:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 87
Author Topic: Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person  (Read 205958 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: March 27, 2021, 02:29:16 PM »

Registered independent who voted Gore-Bush-Obama-Obama-third party-Trump in presidentials. Culturally liberal on issues like gay marriage and legalizing bud but strongly backs law-and-order. Votes Democratic down-ballot.

Race:Mix of Italian and Scotish-Irish
Religion:Non-denominational Christian, formerly devout Catholic who left the church after child abuse was uncovered in their parish
Relationship status:Re-married with 3 sons and one step-son
Hometown:Clifton Heights PA
Current location:West Chester PA
Education:high-school graduate who took some classes in college but decided it wasn't for him
Occupation:Mail-carrier who retired early due to disability, currently collecting pension
Hobbies: Avid Sci-fi fan, maintaining his various starship models, volunteering at his church, and fishing on the Chesapeake in the summer.

Clinton-Clinton-Gore-Bush-Obama-Romney-Clinton-Biden voter, perhaps.

Based on a real person I knew when I lived in Ohio:

Race/Ethnicity: White
Religion: Identifies as "Christian," but is not a regular church attender
Relationship status: Married with children
Hometown: Hinckley, OH
Current Location: Aurora, OH
Occupation: Construction. Became a self-employed "handyman" after the housing crash.

Probably was somewhat apolitical/moderate until recently, skipping some Presidential elections and voting for Obama in 2008. Voted for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primaries due to having registered as a Democrat but then voted for Trump in the general. Eventually became a staunch Trump supporter and voted for him again last year, believing in many conspiracy theories such as 2020 election fraud and opposing lockdowns due to the impact on his jo. Classic example of a voter radicalized during the Trump era.

Race: White (German, Scotch-Irish, English)
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Residence: Fort Bliss, Texas
Hometown: Kokomo, Indiana
Religion: Roman Catholic (lapsed)
Relationship Status: Has a girlfriend
Profession: Sergeant in the US Army
Education: High School diploma
Income: 50,000 dollars/year
Interests: Tanks, Cars, Hunting, Basketball, Military History, Anime
Other: -Is a tank commander, one of the first women in the US Army to command a tank. Has served in the military for 6 years.
-Despite her masculine interests, prefers to present a more feminine appearance in civilian life
-Is open about being lesbian, her father and most friends were very accepting while her mother was somewhat more reluctant but there was no major conflict.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1751 on: March 30, 2021, 07:56:25 PM »

Everything about this woman screams "Democratic leaner" to me--even the fact that she's an Army NCO, which before 2020 really wouldn't have. She's probably unpopular within the lesbian community due to her occupation, though.

I'll do a fictional character from something I'm currently reading.

Race: White
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Residence: Travels from place to place
Hometown: Nantucket, Massachusetts
Religion: Quaker
Relationship Status: Married but seldom sees his wife due to his career
Profession: Merchant Marine captain
Education: Kings Point
Interests: Philosophy, theology, learning about other cultures both current and historical (especially fascinated by pre-Islamic Persia)
Other: Became physically disabled in middle age and has dealt poorly with his new limitations.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #1752 on: March 30, 2021, 08:45:56 PM »

Interests: Philosophy, theology, learning about other cultures both current and historical (especially fascinated by pre-Islamic Persia)
Other: Became physically disabled in middle age and has dealt poorly with his new limitations.

The fictional merchant marine captain that first comes to mind is Archibald Haddock, but that's obviously not who we're dealing with here. It would be interesting to speculate on his political leanings, though.

This character looks like a pretty typical old-school blue-collar Massachusetts Democrat of the stock dating back to the days of Al Smith to me, somewhat socially moderate but very firmly pro-union and #populist Purple heart. I have a hard time imagining that anyone fascinated by Zoroastrianism would be that right-leaning.

Race: Eastern European Ashkenazi extraction
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Residence: Glen Burnie, MD
Hometown: Pikesville, MD
Religion: Lapsed Orthodox Jew
Relationship Status: Single
Profession: Doctor's office receptionist
Education: High school only
Interests: Horticulture, mixology
Other: owns three cats
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1753 on: March 30, 2021, 09:41:16 PM »

The fictional merchant marine captain that first comes to mind is Archibald Haddock, but that's obviously not who we're dealing with here. It would be interesting to speculate on his political leanings, though.

This character looks like a pretty typical old-school blue-collar Massachusetts Democrat of the stock dating back to the days of Al Smith to me, somewhat socially moderate but very firmly pro-union and #populist Purple heart. I have a hard time imagining that anyone fascinated by Zoroastrianism would be that right-leaning.

It's Captain Ahab from Moby-Dick! I more or less agree with your conclusion.

*skip*
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1754 on: March 30, 2021, 11:30:33 PM »

A lot of more occultic/non-Christian far-righters are sympathetic to Zoroastrianism because they see it as an example of native Indo-European spirituality. Probably helps that Nietzsche titled his book Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

SKIP
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1755 on: March 31, 2021, 05:08:29 AM »

discovolante's character may have been right-leaning if and when she was religiously practicing, but in the current day sounds like a Democratic voter with some oddball tendencies. Going out on a limb I'd say the kind of person who voted Warren in the 2020 presidential primaries even though she had dropped out by the time of the Maryland primaries.

Next person:
Gender - Male
Age - 30
Sexuality - Uhm, it is complicated
Relationship status - Single
Religion - Anglican
Hometown - Somewhere in Cheshire, England
Current location - Oxford, England
Education - University of Oxford
Occupation - Mathematician
Hobbies - Photography, poetry, word play
Other - Recently ordained as a deacon; should be ordained as a priest soon but is terrified by the prospect
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #1756 on: March 31, 2021, 07:03:07 AM »

I know two Oxford alumni that if you combined together you would make that person... and they're both conservatives though one supported Bernie Sanders in 2016. So I'd say based on that they too are a bit of an oddball and idealist, and either someone flirting with ideology but votes Conservative because the social order benefits them/they find too many issues with their idealist dream to put it into practice or someone who is an avid left-winger based on moral grounds. In the US they'd either be a partisan Democrat or a Lincoln Project Republican, both on moral grounds.

Next person:
Gender - Male
Age - 22
Sexuality - Straight
Relationship Status - Single, but with custody of an unexpected newborn child.
Religion - Brought up Evangelical Christian but lacking in faith.
Hometown - a town of 50k in Middlesex County, NJ.
Education/Occupation - Studying at a community college. Did several low-paid jobs on the side.
Hobbies/Interests - Sports/outdoor recreation generally, visiting 'the big city', learning new skills, psychology.
Other - Most of their family are evangelicals, and their relationship was strained by the revelation that he had a child, though they occasionally help care for it. He has one less religious uncle whom he spends a lot of time with.

I deliberately left out their ethnicity.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1757 on: March 31, 2021, 06:35:08 PM »

I know two Oxford alumni that if you combined together you would make that person... and they're both conservatives though one supported Bernie Sanders in 2016. So I'd say based on that they too are a bit of an oddball and idealist, and either someone flirting with ideology but votes Conservative because the social order benefits them/they find too many issues with their idealist dream to put it into practice or someone who is an avid left-winger based on moral grounds. In the US they'd either be a partisan Democrat or a Lincoln Project Republican, both on moral grounds.

Next person:
Gender - Male
Age - 22
Sexuality - Straight
Education/Occupation - Studying at a community college. Did several low-paid jobs on the side.
Hobbies/Interests - Sports/outdoor recreation generally, visiting 'the big city', learning new skills, psychology.
Other - Most of their family are evangelicals, and their relationship was strained by the revelation that he had a child, though they occasionally help care for it. He has one less religious uncle whom he spends a lot of time with.

This person is almost certainly a Democrat if not white and still very likely a Democrat even if he was white. Probably Sanders or Yang in the primaries.

Wanted to try something new by providing demographic profiles of persons and guessing how they would vote some time in the past.

Year: 1940
Race: White (WASP, distant French Huguenot)
Residence/Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts
Religion: Congregationalist (irregularly attends services)
Relationship Status: Engaged
Profession: Civil servant for the Commonwealth government
Education: BA in History from Harvard
Income: 60,000 dollars/year (current money)
Interests: History, Literature, Antiques, Baseball, Stamp collecting, Pulp fiction
Other: -Father was a missionary to Japan and Korea, has some knowledge of Japanese as a result and occasionally relied on by government agents for translation advice etc.

ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1758 on: March 31, 2021, 09:54:57 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2021, 09:59:34 PM by 支持核綠派 (Greens4Nuclear) »

Next person:
Gender - Male
Age - 22
Sexuality - Straight

This person is almost certainly a Democrat if not white and still very likely a Democrat even if he was white. Probably Sanders or Yang in the primaries.

+1. Race/ancestry isn't a strong predictive factor for this one.

I'm guessing your character would have voted R in every presidential election up to that point aside from maybe '32 and/or '36, and would've been pretty R downballot.

Sexual orientation: straight
Relationship status: married with 4 kids
Race/ancestry: White/one-quarter Serbian from maternal grandmother
Religion: raised Catholic, currently nondenominational Christian
Hometown: Buffalo, NY
Current location: Port Townsend, WA
Education: DDS
Other: Fond of massaman curry, oldest of 3 siblings, dad worked in construction, dislikes grunge
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1759 on: April 01, 2021, 12:09:40 AM »

Oh, this is pretty funny. My person was Charles Dodgson in 1862, a few years before he would publish a certain book and become famous with the name of Lewis Carroll. He appears to have been a firm Tory in real life, I guess your first description would fit him in present times.

khuzifenq's would sound like a real Main Street Republican to me, if not that his small town is a massively Democratic one. So I will go more safely with a moderate Democrat.

Someone else feel free to go next.
wimp
themiddleman
« Reply #1760 on: April 08, 2021, 05:10:42 PM »

going next

Sexual orientation: straight
Relationship status: currently single but has had a string of semi-platonic girlfriends
Race/ancestry: Japanese
Religion: Shinto
Hometown: Shimoda, Izu, Japan
Current location: London, England (has previously lived in New York, Hawaii and France)
Education: Stopped attending school in fifth grade
Starmerite2024
Rookie

« Reply #1761 on: April 11, 2021, 09:47:54 AM »
« Edited: April 11, 2021, 02:34:17 PM by Starmerite2024 »

Maybe LDP

Gender - Male
Ethnicity - White
Age - 21
Sexuality - Straight
Relationship status - Single
Religion - Agnostic
Hometown - Hull, England
Education - Sixth form
Occupation - Shop worker
Hobbies - Watching football, pubgoer, video games
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1762 on: April 11, 2021, 10:16:44 AM »

He doesn't vote. Skip me. Oh, if he's white, he loves Brexit.
Wormless Gourd
cringenat
United States

« Reply #1763 on: April 11, 2021, 10:59:04 AM »

^Occasionally-motivated voter that isn't particularly ideological. Tends to agree with whatever politics of the company he's in. Definitely votes to the right of his parents. Brexit may have been a high point in his political activism.

Race: Black American
Location and birthplace: Durham, NC
Employment: Public Works
Religion: Agnostic
Relationship: Divorced and remarried
Family: Two daughters and a son
Personal history: Donated to anti-immigration groups in the 2000s, member of Sheriff's Association, former Marine that didn't see combat, registered Democrat
Starmerite2024
Rookie

« Reply #1764 on: April 11, 2021, 11:22:22 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2021, 06:40:16 AM by Starmerite2024 »

^Occasionally-motivated voter that isn't particularly ideological. Tends to agree with whatever politics of the company he's in. Definitely votes to the right of his parents. Brexit may have been a high point in his political activism.

Race: Black American
Location and birthplace: Durham, NC
Employment: Public Works
Relationship: Divorced and remarried
Family: Two daughters and a son
Personal history: Donated to anti-immigration groups in the 2000s, member of Sheriff's Association, former Marine that didn't see combat, registered Democrat

I'm guessing a former Conservative Democrat who started voting Republican for the presidency sometime between 2004 to 2016 and now consistently votes Republican downballot.

He's definitely anti BLM and anti Defund the Police
Starmerite2024
Rookie

« Reply #1765 on: April 11, 2021, 11:51:22 AM »

Ethnicity: White
Sexuality: Pansexual
Hometown: Burnley, UK
Education: University
Income: £19k a year
Religion: Atheist
Relationship: Single
Family: Five brothers and one sister
Hobbies/Interests: Football, professional wrestling, politics, getting drunk
Personal history: Moved back to his hometown after uni, anti wokeism, huge Redditor, frequently goes to nightclubs and pubs, fan of indie music
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #1766 on: April 12, 2021, 07:10:54 PM »

Ethnicity: White
Sexuality: Pansexual
Hometown: Burnley, UK
Education: University
Income: £19k a year
Relationship: Single
Family: Five brothers and one sister
Hobbies/Interests: Football, professional wrestling, politics, getting drunk
Personal history: Moved back to his hometown after uni, anti wokeism, huge Redditor, frequently goes to nightclubs and pubs, fan of indie music

Seems like a pretty solid Lib Dem voter in the current alignment, but may have had Labour sympathies prior to the Brexit era.

Ethnicity: Half-American, one-quarter each German and Japanese
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Hometown: [redacted], Germany, possibly a military installation (currently living in Japan)
Education: graduated from college at a precocious age
Religion: none
Relationship: ambiguous and on-off, was previously infatuated with someone far older
Family: only child, not in contact with father, was estranged from mother before her death
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1767 on: April 12, 2021, 08:14:23 PM »

Asuka Langle Soryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion. I think that in our world she would probably be a Democratic voter, albeit a moderate one, and dare I go out on a limb, a big fan of Hillary Clinton.

Two very peculiar real people:
Ethnicity: English / English
Sexuality: Heterosexual / Heterosexual
Hometown: Oxford / London
Relationship status: Widow / Married
Other occupation notes: Former socialite / Military Cross recipient
What they have in common: Famous childhoods involving writers, which is part of the reason why they are currently together in the same location.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1768 on: April 12, 2021, 09:04:00 PM »

Asuka Langle Soryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion. I think that in our world she would probably be a Democratic voter, albeit a moderate one, and dare I go out on a limb, a big fan of Hillary Clinton.

Two very peculiar real people:
Ethnicity: English / English
Sexuality: Heterosexual / Heterosexual
Hometown: Oxford / London
Relationship status: Widow / Married
Other occupation notes: Former socialite / Military Cross recipient
What they have in common: Famous childhoods involving writers, which is part of the reason why they are currently together in the same location.
Almost certainly a tory-voter, might have flipped liberal democrat but probably flipped back.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1769 on: April 16, 2021, 05:40:42 AM »

Since no one went, will do an updated version of a well known fictional character

Race: White (English, Scots-Irish, German)
Residence: New York City, NY
Hometown: Columbus, Ohio
Relationship Status: Single, has gone on dates occasionally
Profession: Uber Driver
Education: High School diploma, some community college courses
Income: 40,000 dollars/year
Interests: Firearms, Pornography, Football, Baseball, Video Games
Other: -Served in the US Marine Corps, has mild PTSD from his experiences in Afghanistan
-Often socially awkward and a tendency towards monologues, inadvertently offending people around him
Starmerite2024
Rookie

« Reply #1770 on: April 17, 2021, 05:57:58 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2021, 06:24:47 PM by Starmerite2024 »

Since no one went, will do an updated version of a well known fictional character

Race: White (English, Scots-Irish, German)
Residence: New York City, NY
Hometown: Columbus, Ohio
Relationship Status: Single, has gone on dates occasionally
Profession: Uber Driver
Education: High School diploma, some community college courses
Income: 40,000 dollars/year
Interests: Firearms, Pornography, Football, Baseball, Video Games
Other: -Served in the US Marine Corps, has mild PTSD from his experiences in Afghanistan
-Often socially awkward and a tendency towards monologues, inadvertently offending people around him

Doesn't seem like a particularly ideological person but I reckon he's a swing voter who voted Obama in 08 and 12 followed by Trump in 2016 and maybe defected to Biden in 2020

Residence and Hometown: Cynthiana, Kentucky
Religion: Agnostic but goes to church
Relationship Status: Married with one son
Profession: Sheriff's Deputy
Education: College, studied police administration
Income: 45,000 dollars/year
Family - Conventional family with one brother who he has an estranged relationship with
Other: - Has a strained marriage and is a workaholic
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1771 on: April 19, 2021, 11:38:19 PM »

Bush-McCain-Romney-Trump-Trump voter, wouldn't be surprised if he's QAnon either.

Race: White (Italian, Irish, Polish)

Residence: West Covina, CA

Hometown: Huntington, West Virginia

Religion: Catholic (until 2008), Evangelical (until 2015), Irreligious with some interest in gnostic and eastern faiths (2015 to present)

Relationship: Long-term relationship

Children: 2 (de-facto stepchildren)

Occupation: Assistant Supervisor at a department store (full-time)

Education: Dropped out of high school but completed a GED in 1991. Attended Frostburg State University for a business degree but dropped out in 1996. Currently attending community college in the LA region studying business. Taking night courses in Spanish.

Income: $34,000

Interests: Military history, automobiles, football, languages and linguistics, politics, art, art history

Other: Married from 1995 to 1998, no children, divorced. Moved to Los Angeles in 2004, then to Burbank in 2010, then to West Covina in 2011. Visits family in West Virginia and New York. Lost his mother to COVID. Step-son has autism.
Starmerite2024
Rookie

« Reply #1772 on: April 20, 2021, 10:35:02 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2021, 04:34:52 PM by Starmerite2024 »

Staunchly Democratic voter. Voted Clinton-Clinton-Gore-Kerry-Obama-Obama-Clinton-Biden

Residence and birthplace: Rotherham, UK

Religion: Doesn't believe in God

Relationship: Married since 2004

Children: three sons, one stepdaughter and two stepsons (one w/autism)

Education: Secondary school

Income: £20,000 (combination of wages and state benefits)

Interests: Old tv shows from the 1970s/1980s, cars, excavators, 70s comedy

Other:

Very traditional person
Been consistently employed since the age of fourteen
Worked in construction from 1996 to 2010 until he was let go due to budget cuts
Claims income support from the state due to wages being too low to live on
Has a fetish for bigger women
Favourite song is "The One and Only" by Chesney Hawkes
Lost his father at the age of eight
Not good with technology
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1773 on: April 20, 2021, 02:38:17 PM »

Staunchly Democratic voter. Voted Dukakis-Clinton-Clinton-Gore-Kerry-Obama-Obama-Clinton-Biden

Residence and birthplace: Rotherham, UK

Religion: Doesn't believe in God

Relationship: Married since 2004

Children: three sons, one stepdaughter and two stepsons (one w/autism)

Education: Secondary school

Income: £20,000 (combination of wages and state benefits)

Interests: Old tv shows from the 1970s/1980s, cars, excavators, 70s comedy

Other:

Very traditional person
Been consistently employed since the age of fourteen
Worked in construction from 1996 to 2010 until he was let go due to budget cuts
Claims income support from the state due to wages being too low to live on
Has a fetish for bigger women
Favourite song is "The One and Only" by Chesney Hawkes
Lost his father at the age of eight
Not good with technology

Obvious lifelong Labour voter though he voted for Brexit and might have voted for the Brexit Party if he bothered voting in the European Parliament election.

Race: White (Swedish, English)
Residence: Long Beach, California
Hometown: Rockford, Illinois
Religion: Evangelical Christian (Evangelical Covenant Church)
Relationship Status: Widowed, 4 children/8 grandchildren/1 great-grandchild
Profession: Retired, former High School English teacher
Education: BA in English Literature, Master's in Education
Income: 80,000 dollars/year (pension)
Interests: Literature, Classical and Swing Music, Baking, Folk Dancing
Other: -Was active in the teachers union when younger, still on their mailing list
-Volunteered at a pregnancy center that discouraged abortions for pregnant women until a few years ago
Starmerite2024
Rookie

« Reply #1774 on: April 20, 2021, 05:31:14 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2021, 10:39:00 PM by Starmerite2024 »

I would say she is an ancestral Democrat who consistently voted for them except in 72' when she voted for Nixon due to her hatred for McGovern's "Acid, Amnesty and Abortion" policies up until 2000 when she voted for Bush and now consistently votes Republican downballot

Residence and Hometown: Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Family: Parents+Two sisters (Parents have both passed, mother suffered from arthritis which worsened as she got older)
Relationship Status: Married to a black woman who he has a newborn baby with
Profession: Support worker for young adults w/special needs
Education: BA (Hons) in Music Production
Income: £19,000
Class: Grew up working class
Interests: Music, cult movies and tv shows etc, concerts
Other:

• Used to be the lead singer in two different bands - one which was a Nirvana ripoff when he was a teenager and another in his mid to late 20s which sounded like a combo of REM and The Smiths.
  • Favourite band is REM
  • Has arthritis which is hereditary within his family
  • Used to have mild bigotry towards Eastern Europeans and minorities until he met his wife
  • Used to party heavily until his early thirties but is now teetotal
  • Irritated by welfare recipients who can work but refuse to
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 87  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies