Presidents with living decendents

<< < (5/6) > >>

DanielX:
William Howard Taft. His great-grandson (i think) is Gov. Bob Taft of Ohio. The Tafts are a big blue-blood Republican family, though, with lots of politicians, folks like Robert A. Taft, Robert A. Taft, Jr., Seth C. Taft, Alphonso Taft, ...

Joe Republic:
Quote from: Senate Candidate DanielX on March 19, 2005, 07:47:32 PM

William Howard Taft. His great-grandson (i think) is Gov. Bob Taft of Ohio. The Tafts are a big blue-blood Republican family, though, with lots of politicians, folks like Robert A. Taft, Robert A. Taft, Jr., Seth C. Taft, Alphonso Taft, ...

Yep.  President Taft wasn't even the first in the long line of political Tafts.  But of the same direct line is his son and grandson, who were both Ohian senators, and the current governor, Bob Taft.

A18:
So, are there any really prominent ones or anything?

I was wondering if we might ever see a President Lincoln, Madison, Jefferson, Roosevelt, etc. again.

I'd also be very interested in seeing what parties these decedents belong to.

Bugs:
Presidents with no living descendants:
Washington, only had adopted sons (Martha's)

Madison (Dolley had one son from her previous marriage.)

Jackson (adopted one of his wife's nephews)

Polk-married, no children

Fillmore's two children had no children of their own.

Pierce's children all died in infancy or childhood

Buchanan-never married

Lincoln-Robert(Lincoln's only son to live to maturity) had only one grandchild who died childless in 1985

Arthur- only grandchild died childless

McKinley- two children, both died in infancy

JQ Adams had a grandson who was a historian who predicted that the USA and USSR would be the two main world powers by 1950.  He died in 1927.

WH Harrison had a son, the father of Pres. Benj Harrison, whose body was stolen by grave robbers and sold to a medical shcool in Cincinnati for use as a cadaver.  His son, Benjamin's brother, was at the school on business and discovered it. 

Tyler's daughter Pearl died in 1947.  Since Tyler himself was born in 1795, between Tyler and his daughter, they lived during the lives of every president, since Washington died in 1799, and Bush 43 and Clinton were born in 1946.

Actress Lillian Gish claimed to be a descendant of Z. Taylor.

B Harrison had a grandson who served as Wyoming's congressman as late as 1969.

Harding had no children by his wife, but had one illegitamate daughter.

I know of no prominent present day presidential descendants other than Jeb and GW Bush.

I enjoy useless trivia.

??????????:
Tylers grandchildren are still alive to this day Bugs and they own his plantation, "Sherwood Forest".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page