Fast forward to Iowa 2016! PPP already polling.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:29:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Fast forward to Iowa 2016! PPP already polling.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fast forward to Iowa 2016! PPP already polling.  (Read 12277 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 02:41:28 PM »

What's with all the liberal hate for Andrew Cuomo? He's got the highest approval rating of any Governor in the country and he's our best shot at keeping the White House for more than 8 years.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »

It's because Republicans seem to like him too. That's an automatic disqualifier for many Democrats (see Hillary Clinton 2008).
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 04:19:04 PM »

Assuming that he runs, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cuomo flat out skip Iowa and focus solely on New Hampshire instead. He really doesn't seem like a good fit for the state.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 08:07:35 PM »

It's because Republicans seem to like him too. That's an automatic disqualifier for many Democrats (see Hillary Clinton 2008).
Maybe because he's right-wing economically and anti-union. Just throwing out ideas.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 08:15:54 PM »

Maybe because he's right-wing economically and anti-union. Just throwing out ideas.
Because he believes in fiscal responsibility and not free-spending programs? He doesn't bow to unions? We don't owe a debt to unions anymore. He is our best option, and he has what it takes to lead this country. Liberals, Progressives, and my fellow Democrats need to get in line and stop foregoing winning for someone who will doom us like Elizabeth Warren and Russ Feingold. I love them both, but they won't win.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 04:16:47 PM »

Liberals, Progressives, and my fellow Democrats need to get in line and stop foregoing winning for someone who will doom us like Elizabeth Warren and Russ Feingold. I love them both, but they won't win.

Seriously, why is Elizabeth Warren even being mentioned as a presidential candidate? She hasn't even won her own Senate race yet, and even if she does, why nominate someone whose elected experience includes 4 yrs in the Senate? We all know how that story turns out (thanks, Obama).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 02:34:36 PM »

Cuomo already has the highest unfavorability of all the Dems. Excellent.

The Italo-phobia is strong with this one.

But in all seriousness, I don't want Cuomo doing well either. I'll concede that I don't know much about what he's doing in NY (though all the left wing hatred could mean I'd agree with the guy) but I don't like the Cuomo's.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 08:09:29 PM »

LOL, Republicans did not like Clinton in 2008. They haven't since the 1990s.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2020, 05:12:15 PM »

I am sick of Biden and Hillary being considered as possible 2016 contenders. I think it's absurd to think that they'll even be interested in another run. They're yesterday's news.

How ironic. (I hate to bump old threads, but for comical effect, I couldn't resist.)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies