The Unwed and Teenage Mothers Protection Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:48:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Unwed and Teenage Mothers Protection Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Unwed and Teenage Mothers Protection Bill  (Read 23441 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: January 21, 2005, 04:54:27 PM »

As far as our support for UNFPA, we have 34 million that is presently going overseas to support mothers overseas.  Reappropriate that money to support this program.

What exactly is wrong with helping other nations?

I suppose I support this, although I'm curious how the 250 million number came to be.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 05:00:08 PM »

As far as our support for UNFPA, we have 34 million that is presently going overseas to support mothers overseas.  Reappropriate that money to support this program.

I suppose I support this, although I'm curious how the 250 million number came to be.

$50 million a year... sounded reasonable.  I was going to put it at $500 million, but I figured the protest would be enormous.

I wouldn't mind Smiley

But even so, you have hundreds of buildings, you have to hire people to manage the system, plus all the grants. I figure we have a million people eligible for this, the cost will likely be higher than said. Again, not that it would lose my support if the cost was higher, but we should be as accurate as possible.

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 07:24:19 PM »

The money is better spent on this then aborting a child in Botswana or Papua New Guinea.  That's what is wrong with it.

Helping end overpopulation is a good use of our wealth.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 08:38:34 AM »

Regarding my idea of the amendment about birth control, I still can't think of anything other than having all public schools teach about birth control along with abstinence, and I'm afraid that that would be too regulationistic.  Anyone have any other ideas?

Problem is, Gabu, some people hate abstinence education and some hate sex education.

Yes, I know; that's why I want to think of something else, because I don't think that'll fly very well.

Teaching both abstinence and encouraging the use of contraceptives is the best solution. Obviously, abstinence is the preferred method, but what a health teacher says isn't exactly going to stop two people from having sex. They at least need to be educated about birth control, and encouraged to use it. And that should be regulated by the government, because I don't know if it would fly in all areas, but it's neccessary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies