The Unwed and Teenage Mothers Protection Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:45:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Unwed and Teenage Mothers Protection Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Unwed and Teenage Mothers Protection Bill  (Read 23436 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: January 21, 2005, 08:48:39 PM »

I'm leaning toward support - that's right, John Dibble, support - since in principle this matches what I stated in my campaign speech, and damn it, I am a populist, NOT a libertarian. I still think the bill needs a little work - in particular, I have to insist on adding Gabu's birth control promotion amendment to it - one of my campaign planks, after all.

Jake, if you wish to eliminate funding for the UNFPA, then get a senator to propose an amendment to my proposed modification to the Family Planning Act, but don't propose the amendment here unless the amendment is enacted there. I'm sure States will be glad to propose it for you.

There are things that are worth more than a tax cut, and this is one of them. Given the conservative and libertarian nature of my district, this may be unpopular, but I never pretended to be anything other than what I am, and I said I'd support this type of idea during the (admittedly short) campaign. Or in other words, object to my stance if you like - I ain't changing it. Cheesy
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 01:48:21 PM »

Gabu,

You are a worthy successor to StevenNick.  In this debate you've proven yourself to be a voice of reason and cooperation in the Senate.  Sorry for ever doubting you.

Let me pause from the entertaining populist-libertarian clash for a moment to add my agreement to the above statement. Gabu, you have been a very good Senator and probably the most reasonable person in the entire Senate. Well done! Kiki
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 02:09:10 PM »

Gabu,

You are a worthy successor to StevenNick.  In this debate you've proven yourself to be a voice of reason and cooperation in the Senate.  Sorry for ever doubting you.

Let me pause from the entertaining populist-libertarian clash for a moment to add my agreement to the above statement. Gabu, you have been a very good Senator and probably the most reasonable person in the entire Senate. Well done! Kiki

I agree that I like Gabu as a Senator. He listens and considers all arguments, in my opinion. A good quality to have.

Oh, I listened to and considered your opinion, I just disagree with it. ;-P
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 08:32:40 PM »

As unpopular as it may be with the conservatives and libertarians in District 4, I vote my conscience.

YEA[/size]
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 09:09:30 PM »

As unpopular as it may be with the conservatives and libertarians in District 4, I vote my conscience.

YEA[/size]

BOOOOOOO

Quiet in the gallery there. ;-P
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 07:18:08 PM »

Well, if I was running for reelection this move would kill me, it may kill me anyway with Conservatives. But as President, I must do what I feel is right, and i'll take the heat:

President PBrunsel

Thank you, so very much, Mr. President.

And let me second that - thank you for also voting your conscience, Mr. President.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 04:54:56 PM »

Looks like Senator Bono had the last laugh in this matter.

Perhaps, but we populists aren't simply going to go away on these matters, regardless of what the libertarians may want. Perhaps the bill was unconstitutional - although I'd like to see what Texasgurl's dissent says first - but I would be surprised if Supersoulty didn't submit a revised version that fixes the flaws.

In any event, I will be reading all the commentary on this decision to see what the more litigious members of Atlasia think about it...
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 05:01:44 PM »

In any event, I will be reading all the commentary on this decision to see what the more litigious members of Atlasia think about it...

Once I see the dissent I will be writing a commentary on the case which I will put on here and on the AtlasWiki.

Thanks to the Mideastern Governor for that, regardless of whether or not I will end up agreeing with him. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies