What's happening in this election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:12:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What's happening in this election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What's happening in this election?  (Read 3263 times)
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 06:58:30 PM »

4) Fast-Furious and the National Security leaks are equivalent to Watergate and Iran-contra, respectively.  That is a lot of scandal to have going on simultaneously.    

Yes, because Obama has clearly orchestrated a massive cover-up and subverted the Constitution.
Yea on one hand it is a worse scandal than Watergate, but on the other hand it probably doesn't go directly to Obama.  Holder is so so so close to the president though. 
The National Security scandal probably does go straight to Obama and Holder is probably covering on that as well, so the equivalency overall stands.     
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 08:18:13 PM »

4) Fast-Furious and the National Security leaks are equivalent to Watergate and Iran-contra, respectively.  That is a lot of scandal to have going on simultaneously.    

Yes, because Obama has clearly orchestrated a massive cover-up and subverted the Constitution.
Yea on one hand it is a worse scandal than Watergate, but on the other hand it probably doesn't go directly to Obama.  Holder is so so so close to the president though. 

How are a few lost guns worse than subverting democracy?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »

How are a few lost guns worse than subverting democracy?
1)Nobody died in Watergate.
2)The cover up is worse than the crime.  You can't have the Justice department completely subverting justice.  The Attorney General (or the President) is not above the law. 
3) By a "few lost guns" you must mean a few thousand guns purposely given to drug cartels that have since been used to kill a border agent and other American citizens.     
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »

The cover up is worse than the crime.  You can't have the Justice department completely subverting justice.  The Attorney General (or the President) is not above the law. 

Wasn't Nixon's cover up worse than Holder's? And even then, Obama didn't personally mastermind the whole thing.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 09:05:18 PM »

4) Fast-Furious and the National Security leaks are equivalent to Watergate and Iran-contra, respectively.  That is a lot of scandal to have going on simultaneously.     

Please tell me you're joking or trolling...
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 09:16:24 PM »

Just chiming in to respond to the poster who called Obama a slick communicator.

The man knows how to gve an exciting speech, I'lll give you that. But communication has probably been Obama's biggest weakness as president. While I'm not a fan of Obamacare, the man could have done a way better job communicating to Americans what it actually did.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »

It's been more than just two weeks of bad news.

I read an article a few weeks ago, I can't seem to find it, but it noted a list of negative things that have occurred regarding the President literally on a week by week basis pretty much the last three months.

The Secret Service Scandal - No impliction of the President, but it still shines a negative light on Government institutions

Surpreme Court ripping apart Obamacare

The "Open Mic Indicident" with the Russian President, making Obama seem presumptous

The unemployment rate going UP during the Obama "recovery"

Obama's support for gay marriage which instantly helps Mitt Romney

Scott Walker decisively wins Wisconsin recall

Bill Clinton on Romney's "sterling" business career, undercutting Obama's line of attack on Romney

Bill Clinton on Bush tax cut, undercutting Obama again

Sarah Jessica Parker goofy ad and Hollywood bigwigs

This whole "leak" situation

Now we have this ridiculous illegal immigration stance. That's 11 things off the top of my head which have systematically been bringing the President down. It's not just two weeks of bad news.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »

Sarah Jessica Parker goofy ad and Hollywood bigwigs

This whole "leak" situation[/i]

Now we have this ridiculous illegal immigration stance. That's 11 things off the top of my head which have systematically been bringing the President down. It's not just two weeks of bad news.

A lot of people in this country actually like Hollywood and the glitz that's why magazines like People survive. This is the same argument that was used against Obama when he appeared on Oprah four years ago and it had no impact. Urbanites and suburbanites like the paparazzi and while the rurals maybe not, they frankly don't matter...because there are fewer and fewer of them.

As to the immigration stance, I predict that it will have negligible affects among the aforementioned demographics and who cares what it does to the rurals.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies