Romney makes another gaffe, or at least, a very silly statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:32:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney makes another gaffe, or at least, a very silly statement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Romney makes another gaffe, or at least, a very silly statement  (Read 8481 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2012, 05:12:24 AM »

With Obama " the private sector is doing fine" comment and now this I'd laugh if this campaign became about the importance of the Private vs Public sector.
That'd be like the Irish general election 2011. It wouldn't go well for the democrats.

That's...not what happened in Ireland.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2012, 08:51:01 AM »

With Obama " the private sector is doing fine" comment and now this I'd laugh if this campaign became about the importance of the Private vs Public sector.
That'd be like the Irish general election 2011. It wouldn't go well for the democrats.

That's...not what happened in Ireland.
Were you here? That was the main difference between FG (private sector) and labour (public sector), and FG came out on top, widening their margin throughout the campaign.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2012, 09:17:55 AM »

Don't really agree with this statement, but fewer cops is always a good thing.

As a future homicide detective might I ask why?

Well, I don't support reduction of your kind of cops. If anything there should be more homicide detectives. I support cuts in highway patrol, vice squads, and anything having to do with enforcement of non-sexual misdemeanors.

I agree, for every minor accident on the road there are five squad cars, 2 ambulances and a fire truck and I'm just talking about the fender benders...it's ridiculous...

...and don't even get me started on prison waste...

When places stopped catching on fire due to better building codes (fires are down something like 90%), fire fighters used their political muscle to take over the paramedic business, and thus the fire truck in addition to the ambulance and police car for every 911 call. Why the fire truck I asked once?  Well, because maybe someone in an emergency will need to bat down the front door to get in. OK.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »

This country already has far more teachers than it needed during the Clinton administration.

Tell that to my 30 person AP English class that's so packed we needed extra desks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »

This country already has far more teachers than it needed during the Clinton administration.

Tell that to my 30 person AP English class that's so packed we needed extra desks.

All my classes were around 30 students as I recall, sometimes a few more. My law school first year classes by the way were about 150 students. 
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2012, 09:24:42 AM »

All my classes were around 30 students as I recall, sometimes a few more. My law school first year classes by the way were about 150 students. 

I can't help but feel like law school and high school are different Wink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2012, 09:30:27 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2012, 09:33:56 AM by Torie »

Sure, but this class size thing gets it wrong. When I get around to it, I will find some data on the topic. Again, the critical factor is teacher quality and the ability to discipline. In my hyper elite, very high quality and demanding private grammar school, the class sizes were also around 25-30 by the way. Catholic schools used to do  a great job (even if the nuns used to bat the brats' knuckles with a ruler) with class sizes of around 60 students (I don't know what they are typically now).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2012, 09:39:17 AM »

Torie graduated from his school when our grandparents were yet to be born. Thus, don't expect him to recall how it was.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »

Sure, but this class size thing gets it wrong. When I get around to it, I will find some data on the topic. Again, the critical factor is teacher quality and the ability to discipline. In my hyper elite, very high quality and demanding private grammar school, the class sizes were also around 25-30 by the way. Catholic schools used to do  a great job (even if the nuns used to bat the brats' knuckles with a ruler) with class sizes of around 60 students (I don't know what they are typically now).

I went to a Catholic school in the 90s with a class size of around 45, and the place was a zoo even with the nuns in charge. As soon as she turned to write on the board, all hell broke loose.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2012, 10:13:12 AM »

The random occasional classroom had 30 students during the Clinton administration too. Make due.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies