how good of a gerry would this be in the phoenix metro
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:01:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  how good of a gerry would this be in the phoenix metro
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: how good of a gerry would this be in the phoenix metro  (Read 899 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 07, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »

The VRA limits what I can do, but under this map I tried seeing what I could do with the VRA.

District 4 is 68.6% Hispanic and is Ed Pastor's district. This is a 64% Obama district and obviously very safe

District 5 would be Schweikert's district and is 79.6% White and 60.4% McCain. This is supposed to be a vote sink.

District 6 is 56.8% White and 28% Hispanic and someone like Matt Salmon (very far right teabagger type) could maybe lose here. This district basically takes in all the areas in the East Valley that may be predisposed to white flight. McCain did win 52% here though

District 3 is the second vote sink at 75.2% white. This was a district I was surprised didn't vote as republican as I thought. This is a 55.8% McCain district and likely one of the wealthiest in the country. Quayle should be OK here and any other pub should be absolutely safe

District 2 is a district that considering who represents this district, could very well lose under a district like this. It's 54.6% White and 32.1% Hispanic. Trent Franks is someone who might as well be part of the KKK and this district takes in all the areas due north and due west of the central city of phoenix that may be predisposed to white flight. This is still a 53.3% McCain district still however.

District 9 is another vote sink partially in metro Phoenix takes in all the wealthy areas in northwest Maricopa County as well as all of ultrarepublican Kingman, LaPaz and Yavapai Counties. 81% White, 63% McCain.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies