NAACP E-board endorses gay marriage
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:20:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NAACP E-board endorses gay marriage
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NAACP E-board endorses gay marriage  (Read 4411 times)
NY Jew

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 03:30:14 AM »

So, you're not opposed, necessarily, to homosexuality.. just the people practicing it?
no I'm opposed to practicing homosexuality and therefore by default the practitioners (and if they stop practicing it I would have no problem).
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 03:33:45 AM »

So, you're not opposed, necessarily, to homosexuality.. just the people practicing it?

no I'm opposed to practicing homosexuality and therefore by default the practitioners (and if they stop practicing it I would have no problem).

Then I think you can safely agree to "anti-gay."
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 09:54:08 AM »

I haven't run into you before, but I hope you are not this ridiculous in other topics.

His only topics are 1) Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn and 1a) what they think of gays.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 10:50:24 AM »

Perhaps the definition of "educated" here (well I guess educated has segued into "knowledge"" now) means that you "know" that the Old Testament/Torah is the absolute truth when it comes to its point of view of the role of gays in society. And I am only half joking here. Anyway, just a thought from this aging  gay symp uneducated ignorant lawyer. Thank you.
NY Jew

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 11:30:55 AM »

I haven't run into you before, but I hope you are not this ridiculous in other topics.

His only topics are 1) Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn and 1a) what they think of gays.
don't forget Queens they also voted against Weprin  because of it.

of course you missed the other statements that I said that have nothing at all to do with gays.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 12:00:07 PM »

Why do people even try to engage with him, again?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 12:19:32 PM »

I've never understood this right-wing fantasy that blacks are more against gay marriage than whites are.  Even if blacks are less liberal on the issue than they are on other issues, they are still to the left of whites on this issue, like all.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »

I think it has to do with that flawed prop 8 exit poll.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »

Alcon, I think Mr. Moderate's post sums NY Jew fairly well; he is ridiculously homophobic, eager to label others anti-Semitic, and not much else.
I don't have a phobia.  (I hate that term)

I agree, I think you're a hateful bigot, and I will be happy to call you that instead. In fact I find it more fitting, because "-phobia" indicate something people can't help, and clearly you choose to be a disgusting pierce of garbage.
Happy now?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 02:09:50 PM »

I will bet you a free pizza (this is how I bet people online!) that the NAACP board members have more formal education than the average black person, which is obviously what most people mean when they say "educated" in this context.

The fact that you find a sentence "hilarious" when you substitute your own definition for a subjective phrase, which contradicts the original meaning, suggests that you're trying a little too hard.
I definition of education means knowledge.

"Education" differs from "knowledge" in that people almost always refer to systematized or institutionalized instruction.  You've obviously lived long enough to figure out how to use the Internet, so I assume you've noticed "education" has this connotation for people.  (You also inexplicably seem to believe the same does not apply to "knowledge.")  In other words, you find this "hilarious" because you substituted what you had to know was a different-than-intended sense of the world.  You managed to be condescending, dismissive, disingenuous and humorless in one sentence flat.

educated has a few meanings and according to this meaning
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/education
You must be logged in to read this quote.
the statement in question is hilarious.

Would you like to go back, re-read my post, realize that you didn't just contradict it at all, and try again?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »

I've never understood this right-wing fantasy that blacks are more against gay marriage than whites are.  Even if blacks are less liberal on the issue than they are on other issues, they are still to the left of whites on this issue, like all.
I'd bet that's true in MS, but it's not true everywhere.  The polling suggests that nationally blacks oppose gay marriage by about 50-40, which is a large increase from a few years ago, and near where it was for whites three or four years ago. http://features.pewforum.org/same-sex-marriage-attitudes/slide6.php
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 02:33:31 PM »

Many gays no longer need practice, though.  They've been doing it for years.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »

don't forget Queens they also voted against Weprin  because of it.

of course you missed the other statements that I said that have nothing at all to do with gays.

True, you talk about orthodox Jews in Brooklyn on issues that don't have to be gay.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2012, 03:10:23 PM »

I've found that threads in which he posts tend to have a high density of excellent and informative posts in response to him.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2012, 03:20:06 PM »

I've found that threads in which he posts tend to have a high density of excellent and informative posts in response to him.

Yes which arguably makes him a more worthwhile poster than say Rochambeau, even if in a kind of odd way.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2012, 04:39:33 PM »

True, but you have to think of people's souls from time to time.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies